What song makes you think.."this song is soooo stupid"..?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say most of Fergies music, particularly the hits, "Humps" and "Fergalicious". I listen to them but the whole time I am thinking who WROTE this crap!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I would have to say most of Fergies music, particularly the hits, "Humps" and "Fergalicious". I listen to them but the whole time I am thinking who WROTE this crap!!
+1000

F to the E to the R to the G...just shut up already

She probably writes all her stuff, that's the sad part.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

OMG Nikki, I have got to agree with you on that one too, I hate anything by him!
I have always liked Follow me and Drift Away.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG Nikki, I have got to agree with you on that one too, I hate anything by him!
He absolutely nausiates me
How that guy ever got a deal is beyond me
I was studying to be a production engineering major for a long time a while back and i can remember my entire music industry class picking that guy apart

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't listened to radio in over 10 years, this thread is reminding me why.

There are a lot of good bands and artist out there but you won't hear most of them getting airtime.

As for annoying song, my MIL listens to country a lot in her car, last time I was with her there was some song that had the lyrics "have my beer goggles on" or something similar.... 'beer goggles' does that even count as lyrics or is it just promoting alcoholism?

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
anything from the pussycat dolls. Skanks and hooker wanna bes. Gross. with bad writing to boot.

linkin park only not skanks.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to mention that milkshake song too... but I have to admit I vaguely enjoy the music of it even though the lyrics are so absurd.

But I always thought that freaking graduation song by vitamin c was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. And that was from around when I was graduating... blech.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

The sad thing is, I'm 26, I'm too young to hear a current artist and song and go "Who the hell are they?"
I feel the same way Rob, I'm 29, I should know who's on the radio....but there's so many new artists, and most of them just plain suck.

I just hate that!!
We all know your name, stop yelling it!!
I don't know who that is Kenz?!

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Its like how Lil' Jon always just says "yeaaaah" and "ooooookaay"..what a LOSER
I could do that too Nat! We could start an all girl band & just holler our yeeeaaaaahhhh okkkkaaaaaayyyyyy 100 times over! That would sell 4 sure!

Originally Posted by arcadian girl

to be fair, I think it's a good thing that these things are sung about. It's better than sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist. There are a lot of people out there who can relate to that song, I'm sure.. and to hear Ludacris (who is the artist who sings it) acknowledging it and putting it out there - I think it shows he cares. I'm sure he's not doing it for any other reason.

As for your kids hearing it - that's why it's good to monitor what your kids are listening to, and not to let them hear anything you don't think is appropriate
It's true they may hear it when they're out, but still, it does really happen, and if anything it may open up a dialogue about abuse. With the fact that so many young girls are abused, I think talking about it, removing the stigma of it, is important.
I guess I would agree with you if Ludacris was "showing he cared" by volunteering or donating money to children that are molested instead of singing about it. Raise money for these kids, so they have programs to better their lives, don't sit back & make money off of them, and then buy bigger necklaces.... (We do fund-raising events at my work for a Phila charity for sexually abused kids & child victims of violence, the last thing they need is a reminder of the horrors they have already face, IMO) Have a concert for charity then, or something.

It's rough when songs like that and the one a year or so ago that had "her daddy raped her" in it that are hard to explain to a 7-8 yr old. And those songs are on ALL of the radio stations that are on in the car in the morning to & from school. Not just the "rap" stations, but all pop stations here in Philly. And I'm sorry, but I feel that at 7-8 yrs old, sex is hard to discuss (and inappropriate) let alone rape. She was devastated finding out about Santa Clause, I wasn't going to explain rape. I can remember being little, the worst song on the radio was "Doin' the butt" and it considered a dance move...
Trust me, I try to flip the stations as fast as humanly possible....but somehow she knows some of those songs....
I know they listen to the radio on the school bus each day....most of the music now, it's just a little too graphic IMO and unecessary .... I had to explain what a "money maker" was from that song "shake your money maker".....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, Heather, Ludacris does raise a lot of money for that stuff, helping inner-city kids and such. He has a foundation, can't remember the name of it right now, but I know he does donate a lot of money to charity. I don't like to listen to that song either, just because its so sad that that stuff really happens, the first time I listened to it I cried

And I do like the Barbie song too, its fun! "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world"

I actually like that song "this is why I'm hot" its by Mims, but I listen to rap and hip-hop mostly because I like the beats, and it gets my speakers thumping
I like Lil' John too
and the Pussycat Dolls
and John Mayer
I don't like Uncle Cracker though
or basically any country songs

has anyone heard the song "The First Time" by Young Joc and Marques Houston? there's a line in it where Young Joc say "You smell like peaches, girl, must be Bath & Body Works" it makes me howl with laughter every time

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Actually, Heather, Ludacris does raise a lot of money for that stuff, helping inner-city kids and such. He has a foundation, can't remember the name of it right now, but I know he does donate a lot of money to charity. I don't like to listen to that song either, just because its so sad that that stuff really happens, the first time I listened to it I cried

:
I'm impressed. I haven't ever heard a thing about it. You would think it would be more publicized for money raising purposes.... And I read a ton of magazines too, one would think it would've come up somewhere....
I still don't like to hear about it.....or have my child hear about it.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ludacris... his voice is just....
I agree

I also HATE HATE HATE Uncle Kracker..what a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: untalented LOSER

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Anything my Paris Hilton.

And you know what they say about the Hilton...everyone's been in one..

*runs away*

seriousely, i can't stand her. She cant dress, cant act, cant sing, and cant have a real relationship!
Wait... that woman actually sings??
I thought she just sort of pranced around on tv not really doing anything

Shows how much I know.

Actually, most of the songs people have mentioned here I have never heard about. I guess I can be proud of that.
The only one I know is "Barbie Girl" and it's gotta be the most annoying song I've ever heard.

But there are many songs that I just love because they are pretty dumb.... including many songs by They Might Be Giants, especially "Istanbul" and "Particle Man"

I also love "The Saga Begins" by Weird Al... although it's surprisingly NOT that stupid.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya'll are talking about that "My humps" Song. My DAD has picked that up from somewhere (scary thing) and if I hear him sing that to me one more time I am gonna scream!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Whats this "milkshake" song everyone is talking about?
By Kelis

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and their like, its better than yours, damn right its better than yours..I could teach you, but I'd have to charge"

"Na na na na na, the boys are awaiting, na na na na na"