What song makes you think.."this song is soooo stupid"..?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

By Kelis

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and their like, its better than yours, damn right its better than yours..I could teach you, but I'd have to charge"

"Na na na na na, the boys are awaiting, na na na na na"

Hmm...I dunno if I have heard that one or not..is it a group??

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Hmm...I dunno if I have heard that one or not..is it a group??
Nope, she's a solo singer.

I don't think I've heard any songs from her since Milkshake... thank goodness!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Nope, she's a solo singer.

I don't think I've heard any songs from her since Milkshake... thank goodness!
She also sings that one where she just screams "I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW" throughout the whole song...that one is ridiculous too

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh drat -- I have to get offline in just a moment and can't read the rest of the thread right now, so forgive me if someone has already leapt to John Mayer's defense, but...

The "Daughters" song is not about incest! Promise!
If you listen closely, it's a very complex idea:

The guy is thinking about a failed relationship, wondering what he did wrong, and then realizing that what went wrong had nothing to do with him... it had to do with the way the girl was raised, her relationship with her father and mother, the emotional baggage she carried. And so in the chorus, he's saying that daughters grow up to become lovers and wives and mothers -- so please, fathers be good to your daughters... don't set them up for failure in their future relationships.

Since John Mayer is not over 50, I don't know that many of his songs...
...but that one rings very true for me, and so does the one where the chorus goes: "I wanna run through the halls of my high school / I wanna scream at the top of my lungs / I just found out there's no such thing as the Real World / It's just a lie you've got to rise above." Boy, do I wish I'd figured that out as young as he did!

Okay, we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

She also sings that one where she just screams "I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW" throughout the whole song...that one is ridiculous too
I don't know if I've heard that one... nor do I think I want to!!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get a chance to read through all the threads but the first song that popped into my head is "Who let the dogs out?" Does anyone know what song I am talking about!! That song just drives me nuts!! My husband cannot stand that song "Mmm Bop" by Hanson that was cool for like five minutes. Just random songs that say stupid things like that are annoying.

dutchess2120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG.....I probably could go on and on about this forever really......lets see......I also hate London bridge, my humps, fergalicious by fergie.....want to rip my hair out at the sound of them. Also I can't stand that song big blue note....i think it is by toby keith oh and his song mockingbird.....it gets driven into my head and sticks for days...aaaaaahhhhh lol. I also can't stand that cher song believe....it is so annoying. if i really thought i would be able to think of more but i don't want to go on and on with them.....you would get sick of reading them....lol lol !!!!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amusingly enough, my DH and I were just talking about a song tonight that drives us both crazy. It's "Meds" by Placebo and the singer repeats over and over, "Baby, did you forget to take your meds?" - it's the most ridiculous song.