What song is stuck in your head?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ashamed to say it's a Taylor Swift song since I've never been a fan of her music and like most other people, I think all her songs are whining about her exes...

BUT -- this is a cover! Hahaha. The melody of this song reminds me of the old '90s hit by Donna Lewis. And I love my retro stuff.

Last edited:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may like more than just this song.  Her abum is enitled "1989" which is the year she was born and exactly the era she wants to represent.  No country songs here.  They still have amazing words as all her songs do, but the whole sound is that era.  I didn't think I would like it, but there's something about taylor's music that has always grabbed me from the very first single and I like most of the songs on 1989 too.

You might like this cover/mashup of Style and Blank Space by Louisa Wendorff.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly afraid to listen to more, like I might fall in a pit and not be able to get out.
I'm an '89er too so that sound really relates and resonates from my childhood too.

That mash up is pretty good! Maybe I'll just skim YouTube for covers of all the 1989 songs and try to keep that degree of separation.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never liked Taylor Swift until recently. I won tickets off the radio for her concert (which isn't until October) and was listening to some of her songs. I like 1989. My 2 year old does too.

I have the narwhal song stuck in my head but I don't know the words because I've only actually heard it once. My brain is making up the words/tune because I read it on here.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to see Bob Seger in concert the other night and the last song he played was Rock n Roll Never Forgets and that's been in my head.  Of course he doesn't look quite like the YouTube video any more, he's almost 70!
  But he sounded great.  

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is the Narwhals song so you know the words, not that they make any sense.  Listen at your own risk because it will definitely get stuck in your head.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Here is the Narwhals song so you know the words, not that they make any sense.  Listen at your own risk because it will definitely get stuck in your head.

Oh, no you don't!
 I listened to about ten seconds of that and turned off the sound.  That would not be fun to have in my head!  

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All you had to do was stay - Taylor Swift. Been playing in my head since I opened my eyes this morning.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few different ones - that song from Disney's Frozen movie, Happy from the Despicable Me 2 movie, Taylor Swift's Shake it Off and Blank Space and Style.
Mahna mahna

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a song from Sesame Street in my head. 
  I'm not sure of the title; but it's Ernie singing about "somebody come and play with me."  

I need to get out more...

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, my brother and sister in law have the same fate. If it's not Sesame Street, it's Ni Hao Kai Lan or Elmo's World.

Up until yesterday, I did not like this group at all. Not sure what changed but now I can't get this song out of my head. I still don't like their others. I woke up this morning with this in my head.