What presents did you get?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I told them they were destroying my sweat pants so they all chipped in and bought me a new pair. Grey, to help hide their hair.......

(not a joke, the actual tag from the present. They bought their daddy a CD.)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
in addition to my previous posting, i got a Barnes & Noble gift card from my parents [because i'm the only single child w/o a spouse to receive pressies from!] & a shirt from my cousin, & a smart automatically adjusting wrench in the gift exchange w/my mother's extended family [we do a Chinese gift exchange - this year i played w/the men 'cause i always like their present choices better!].
i've already spent the B&N card!
for myself, i've gotten 2 new littermaids & a bookcase. i have more stuff i'm planning to get, as well.
i also already bought kitty presents for next year's SS! they were on sale 1/2 price at Petsmart! [i got some for my kits, too - they don't care what color they are!]

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin just got back home a little while ago from visiting his family. They send a few gifts back with him for me
That was really nice of them.

They gave me: A beautiful hand made pink scarf (i LOVE it!!!!!), $100, and a pretty green purse (please see the "i'm a clutz, can leather be repaired?" thread
). Very nice and thoughtful of them all!
I'm going wear my new scarf to work tomorrow- i love it!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a green iPod Nano, a sexy little digital camera, a Starbucks gift card, a couple of DVDs and CDs that I wanted, sea salt and peppercorn grinders, a new winter coat (waterproof), and a snowman stuffy handmade for me by my daughter.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hammy and I didnt get each other anything for christmas, we never go anywhere without each other so its quite hard to surprise each other with anything plus we always what we want when we see it instead of waiting for holidays. The only thing we got for each other was another new aquarium, we got a 38 gallon that we set up for our african cichlids. But we did get alot of cool things from family members, we got two leather gaming chairs that have speakers built into them along with an Atari 2600 I didnt know they still made new ones. It looks like the original except it doesnt have cartridges, if has a built in card that has 40 games on it. Yes we do have other game systems but it is kinda cool doin it old school too!!!! We got some cool stuff for our apartment for the kitchen, storage containers and a pan set, we both got new clothes, lots of gift cards, which we used to buy all kinds of stuff for our fish and for squishy, and lots of puzzles. which is what we did to bring in the new year. Yes he is 22 and i am 35 i know we should be doing funner things to bring in the new year but we were together with our critters at home safe. Which is much more enjoyable and rememberable!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received many lovely gifts, will list some...but first, my best gift was seeing how happy my husband was with the camera I bought him. He's been working so hard, very long hours, jobs on the side, helping me with shipping all my orders since I can not drive right now...he has been like a child..I hope to post some of his shots soon (have to corral him to size them and email them to me) -he has one extreme closeup of Frankie's nose that is exquisite (the detail/color of her fur, the little spots on her nose - confirming her tortie-diva status).

From a dear friend Jenni, my favorites of what she sent is a peweter and crystal dragon fly design perfume bottle with raspberry and pink enamel accents, and various soaps (goats milk/tangerine by Zumbar, a cucumber-melon soap with small square green ceramic soap dish to hold it)

My in-laws - my favorite is a small string of pearls (will have to get extenders for this, but love it)

From my husband - my favorites are a professional 6 qt Kitchen-Aid mixer (to replace the older one we have), an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (yes!!), collector's edition of Serenity, some new anime, a humingbird feeder (I actually saw one near our lavender plants on the back deck this past Summer and want to see more!), and the next two books in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series (he's also the author of the Dresden Files).