What presents did you get?

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got back from my mom and sister's and I got some homemade cookies (yum!) and a Yankee Candle. My SS at work got me a bracelet and earring set, a photo frame/lamp, a basket, and lots of chocolate. My best friend stationed in Iraq sent me a beautiful mug and some gourmet hot cocoa. Chris and I have exchanged gifts yet, but we won't until New Year's so I have no idea what he got me!

*ETA* I almost forgot-- I am buying myself a HTC Mogul smartphone! It's an awesome toy

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten several things from different people at work. I got a nice box of white chocolate truffle chocolates that are fantastic. I got a cat mug, a very nice hand-made scarf. My boss added a $50 gift cetificate to pet smart with my christmas bonus which I thought was great.
I have pictures of my cats on my desk and he is forever telling everyone, those are Susan's Kids.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yayayayaya!!!! Finally got to unwrap the presents i've been waiting weeks for!!!! T for Toes talc, Waving not drowning/Golden slumber ballistics, You've been Mangoed bath butter melt and Dreamwash shower smoothie!!!

I'm having the BEST shower today!!

*bouncebouncebounce*

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid I'll forget something/somebody! I got a terrific gift basket from my boss and his wife. It's a wicker cat basket with a fuzzy pillow, piled high with all sorts of delicacies, wines, a cat calendar, candles, teas, etc.. Two TCS members sent packages of their own accord: fwan sent some souvenirs from Australia (love the kangaroo and koala pencil), and Rosiemac sent some special treats. Hubby and I exchanged gifts this evening, and he got me the perfect pair of gold hoop earrings - small, fat, and French posts instead of wires. Exactly what I would have chosen myself. One of my classes gave me a Bill Bryson book, in English, signed by the entire class, which I'll read and treasure. Hubby really liked his presents - solar "rock" lamps for his garden, and the 2007 Eric Clapton "Crossroads" concert on 2 DVDs. We had basically agreed not to buy each other presents this year, but to buy new oversized down comforters and matching sheets instead (heavenly!), but the little extras weren't unwelcome.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know some people must have opened christmas gifts already? So i gotta be nosey, what did ya get???

I got two pair of pajamas from my sister and a general lee model car, a nice photo jewelry box from my nephew and my christmas bears(i collect the snowflake bears from wal-mart with the year on the feet) from the family.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a candle set with some yankee candles. That is all so far. In the morning, we will open presents here and then go to my moms and opens presents and then to my family Christmas to open presents.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Christmas is almost over here.

I got a popcorn popper that I wanted. I LOVE popcorn!
Desperate Housewives DVDs, laundry basket and hamper, an old fashioned orange juicer, nesting tables, and some little bits and bobs. My grandparents gave me some anti-nausea bracelets and I am not sure why - I haven't reported any nausea.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Christmas is almost over here.

I got a popcorn popper that I wanted. I LOVE popcorn!
Desperate Housewives DVDs, laundry basket and hamper, an old fashioned orange juicer, nesting tables, and some little bits and bobs. My grandparents gave me some anti-nausea bracelets and I am not sure why - I haven't reported any nausea.
Maybe they're going to give you a cruise! LOL

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister made me a scrapbook of my wedding showers and dress shopping. It is so pretty I nearly cried!! The book and everything in it is our wedding colors, Red and Ivory. It's so pretty!! I only know that because she didn't wrap it. Everything else, I'm going to have to wait until the morning.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.. I got my engagement ring!!
I will post photos later!! its white gold with a tiny diamon in it and its perfect just the one that i had been looking at for the last few weeks.

I also got a Cat candle made out of bees wax, face cream also made out of honey, two metal posters one representing Teufel and the other Kaylee! He also got me a watch. he says he is going to give me more presents in January because work hadnt payed him on time!

Happy Christmas everyone!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was spoiled!
Every year we each make a "wish list" and swap them around between family members. This year all I really wanted was a small donation to the "Emma's Education Fund". I've had those - but my darling man has given me a home-made gift card for free diving in Mexico in January! My dad bought me a sterling silver cat lapel badge and a 2008 calendar. I've had lots of home-made necklaces from my two nieces - one of them even has someone else's name on it
bless! Hrmn.... books and little silver cat fridge magnets and some home-made earrings. I love the home-made stuff most, so this year it was just perfect.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriends parents bought us a mini fridge. We live with them and its hard to share the fridge in the kitchen (especially because his dad eats everything). We didn't even ask for one, but his mom bought one and I love it.

I also got a new blow dryer, a spinning spa brush, pajamas, board game, socks, the Futurama movie and a bunch of candy and stuff in my stocking. Still have to go to my moms house and then my family Christmas later on today.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, man. We had our real Christmas last night... Jess gave me a gorgeous cashmere sweater (that I already managed to get a spot of chocolate on, but luckily, that came out with some cold water); I got some $$ from grandma, and my parents spoiled me rotten... they gave Jess and I some new towels, socks, undies, pajama pants, shower gel, fancy shampoo... and my mom gave me two tubes of the makeup I use since it's expensive (I have super sensitive skin and everything irritates it). Also, slippers and silly little trinkets from Dad (as is tradition), homemade cookies and a gorgeous picture frame (with pictures in it!) from friends... yeah. I was spoiled rotten.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 3 christmas's already
I had one Sat. evening with my brother, his wife, my mom, the kids, DH, and my sister and her DH and 2 boys. I got to remember now what I got lol...

Then Sunday we had christmas at my gmas, and I got a few pictures(of my cousin and his wife and 2 kids) and a set of tv trays!
Yesterday we did christmas at DH moms....I got some bath and body lotion and shower gel, some shirts, a pair of pajama pants, some crop pants from Old Navy with a jacket, a set of rooster glasses, a beautiful necklace, and salt-n-pepper shakers(w/roosters on 'em)

Now for the other gifts(from my family) I got from my mom, a flannel sheet set(very warm!), a cd from my SIL, as well as a gift card to Maurices, from my sister I got a gift certificate to a local hair salon, as well as a cute "Welcome freinds" sign, and some more lotion from B&B.

I think I did pretty well....

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From my kiddos I got lots of socks, candles, cd's, bath stuff, vase with glass beads. From my parents I got a necklace, I
4 (its a green bay packers shirt with brett favre) and from my super sweet husband I got wiper blades, a 20x30 canvas picture of us on our wedding day (we were marred 7-7-7) and 1/3 ct princess cut certified diamond earings in white gold and a build a bear that held the box. It has been a great christmas!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We opened gifts with my mom not too long ago. I got sketchers shoes, dangling earrings, (sweater was cancelled), money, gift card to Best Buy, winter coat, billions of softlips, usb gloves for when I am at the pc, 2 cd's and the 3 Borne Supremecy movies. DH got a sunbeam mixer, shoes, 3 pairs of pj bottoms, ornament with our names and a personalized holiday mug.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't have a big Christmas this year because money is tight, but we each had 2 gifts to open last night. My BIG one was something I wanted but knew we couldn't afford. A new leather jacket. My old one is 10 years old, full of cat scratches and a size too small now, but I still wear it. Well, the first present I opened was a leather jacket!!
. The first thing I said was "are you insane????" He left the pricetag on it on purpose, and it was $200! (I spent maybe $50 on DH). He laughed at my little tirade, then informed me he got it on sale 85% off on black Friday. Well, then I was perfectly happy and so proud of my frugal husband! I also go much needed jeans. My SS at work got me a Waldensbook gift card
and, my cousin-in-law got me a oil candle. I LOVE candles, but always get worried with the cats...you know the feeling.

Oh, and MIL got Snuggles (our VERY BIG puppy) a new cage so she is in heaven. The rest will be exchanged tonight.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a nice bath set from my brother's girlfriend, some bath salt and shower gel from my aunt and my cousin, some vanilla bean noel lotion I have been asking for from bath and body works, celine dion perfume set from my brother which I LOVE, some mutts themed pajamas that i asked for and cute pajama pants and some NICE jeans from my parents, hairspray the movie, a nice computer chair from my brother, a hastings gift card, a wendy's gift card, and a walmart gift card from my friend Sue. I am getting a coat tomorrow that I have wanted for a long time from my parents at walmart.

the pups got some scooby snacks and some jerky treats, no toys though since they don't play with them anymore, the cats got a them doofus doggies fat cat toy, a crazy wheel thing, and a mouse that moves and some carribean catch pounce treats, and some whisker lickens.

I got my mom well me and my brother and my dad got it but me and my brother picked it out a locket that says mom on it and we are going to pixelate a picture of me and my brother when we were younger and a picture of my grandma who passed away in 2003 from cancer. I also got her one of those foot massagers that you soak your feet in and socks.

I got my dad some colonge, a cute the dog notebook with a border collie on it, and a clock and a thing of popcorn with collectable coca-cola toys he loves those.

I got my brother a guitar chord book he wanted for his guitar, a salami gift set, a laser pointer, and a subway gift card. i got my brothers girlfriend a bath and body works warm vanilla sugar gift set, some lindt chocolate truffles, a subway gift card with the target dog gift holder, and employee of the month movie (it's a huge inside joke, so you wouldn't get it.
)

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a nice sweater from John's mom this morning. And they gave me a nice quiet house for a few hours!
Everyone went to visit John's grandma at the nursing home and I stayed here so I could get some things done. I'm sooooo enjoying the quiet!

emchelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little sister gave me a framed drawing of Rex and Peanut that she created. Peanut was a lop rabbit, my heart bunny, and she died this past September. Rex is her bunny buddy who misses her dearly. The drawing is absolutely beautiful, she nearly made me cry.

My little brother gave me The Onion's Our Dumb World: Atlas of the Planet Earth. It's 100% hilariously, awesomely awesome. Totally.

From Mom and Dad...

- socks! (no, really, they're the nice ones. Smart Wool with really funky patterns.)
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
- a box to hold sewing supplies, a pair of professional quality scissors, and a gift card to Joann's Fabrics
- a Moonbeam Alarm Clock
- a receipt for a pre-ordered copy of the complete Orthodox Study Bible
- an Aroma Joe's gift card
- Burt's Bees 'Hand Repair Kit' (it smells soooo good!)

plus cool things in my stocking like incense, car air freshener, 'Finding Nemo' on DVD, and pencils (okay, so there's this one type of mechanical pencil that I really love)

It was a pretty great Christmas