What is Your Metabolism Like?

mikenealis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aurora151989

i'm a skinny minnie, i'm 5'5 and 117 lbs, but i gain maybe 3 lbs in the winter. I lose weight when it gets warm because i'm very active, If it's warm out, i'm out that door. Probably why i hate winter, i feel the cold so much. By the way, i voted "I'm invincible bring on the food"
Oi, tell me about it. Last winter, I told my mom that I was cold, and she told me to eat a sandwich. I looked at her weird, and she told me if I wasn't so skinny, then I wouldn't be so cold. This, coming from the same woman who tried to convince me that the "husky" jeans were the ones I should be wearing in middle/high school. Talk about cognative dissonance...

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though my guess is she's probably just being a typical mom.
Originally Posted by mikenealis

Oi, tell me about it. Last winter, I told my mom that I was cold, and she told me to eat a sandwich. I looked at her weird, and she told me if I wasn't so skinny, then I wouldn't be so cold. This, coming from the same woman who tried to convince me that the "husky" jeans were the ones I should be wearing in middle/high school. Talk about cognative dissonance...

kat_boy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone at work makes fun of me. I eat 2 A&W burgers every day, a large french fry, and like 4 or 5 cans of pop....along with chips and cookies and anything else I can grab. I am like 6' tall, and I weigh in at 151 lbs. =)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't gain weight when I eat reasonably. However I am carrying more than I should. An appropriate amount of exercise (I don't get enough at all) would take care of that.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My is faster then the speed of lightening
a couple of years ago I weighed almost 130, my cholesterol was almost 300, I am 4"11, I felt like the good year blimp, all of the sudden I went to under 100
my cholesterol dropped 90 points and I couldn't gain an ounce, My Basset male weighed more then me
The Dr couldn't figure out why I could not gain anything, now I am back up to like 105, still to thin, but I would rather be a little thin then that 130, I was so miserable, People don't realize how hard sometimes it is to gain weight, everyone would alway's say OH YOU POOR THING, sometimes it's just as bad as being overweight, can't find anything to fit either, My mother was small, my sister wears a size 1. Must be in the genes

mikenealis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

My mother was small, my sister wears a size 1. Must be in the genes
Yeah, it's hard finding jeans in "bean pole."

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I have a high metabolism and have to be sure to eat enough so that I don't lose weight.
Me, too.
Sometimes it seems that I am always living my life around my appetite or lack of. If I get stressed out, there goes my appetite- I have to make myself eat to maintain what weight I have. If I get sick, there goes 3 pounds. My dental adventure cost me about 5 pounds. The weight gain mix makes me sick.
At age 38 I've accepted that I will die a skinny old lady & children will continue to stare at me like I am from another planet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me-n-my guys

Me, too.
Sometimes it seems that I am always living my life around my appetite or lack of. If I get stressed out, there goes my appetite- I have to make myself eat to maintain what weight I have. If I get sick, there goes 3 pounds. My dental adventure cost me about 5 pounds. The weight gain mix makes me sick.
At age 38 I've accepted that I will die a skinny old lady & children will continue to stare at me like I am from another planet.
Well hopefully you get the dying "old" part right.
There's nothing wrong with dying skinny either, unless that was the reason you died.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am a big fat bear!
cant wait to get my stepper!
but i think my bf just cancelled my order on quelle

mikenealis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

well I'm for sure not a bean pole at 4'11"
kinda like a summer squash
l
Yes, but I'm an inch short of having a foot and a half on you. Buying pants is almost always an adventure.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mikenealis

Yes, but I'm an inch short of having a foot and a half on you. Buying pants is almost always an adventure.
Try your local country/western wear store-Rockies jeans saved my life, I swear..it is sooo hard for me to find jeans that are long enough in a small size.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never had any big problems when it comes to weight. I can eat as much as I want to but gain a pound or two. There was a time I hit 125lbs (5'4" height), I tried the "New Mayo Clinic Diet" (a.k.a. grapefruit diet), but this is not endorsed by Mayo Clinic. Anyway, I lost quite a number of pounds. Right now I weigh about 110-115lbs. And that's coming from a big carbo loader (I SOOO LOVE RICE!!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalapeno

I've never had any big problems when it comes to weight. I can eat as much as I want to but gain a pound or two. There was a time I hit 125lbs (5'4" height), I tried the "New Mayo Clinic Diet" (a.k.a. grapefruit diet), but this is not endorsed by Mayo Clinic. Anyway, I lost quite a number of pounds. Right now I weigh about 110-115lbs. And that's coming from a big carbo loader (I SOOO LOVE RICE!!!)
The "Mayo Clinic"? Ummmm... does it have to do anything with mayonaise?

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

The "Mayo Clinic"? Ummmm... does it have to do anything with mayonaise?
Hahaha Ryan (right??), no.
It's a medical facility somewhere in the US and it's named like that.
Actually, the diet consists of either grapefruit juice or the fruit itself every meal, and no carbo food is allowed in the diet. It's a crash/fad diet.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a heads up, but I checked on the Mayo Clinic's website last year and they say that there are in no way responsible for the Mayo Clinic Diet. Someone used their name for it. Whch was a relief to find out because I wondered why they would endorse such an obvious fad diet.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Just a heads up, but I checked on the Mayo Clinic's website last year and they say that there are in no way responsible for the Mayo Clinic Diet. Someone used their name for it. Whch was a relief to find out because I wondered why they would endorse such an obvious fad diet.
Yup yup, they're not promoting the "Mayo Clinic Diet".
Though it worked for me.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalapeno

Yup yup, they're not promoting the "Mayo Clinic Diet".
Though it worked for me.
I checked to see if you mention that earlier but didn't see it...I just rechecked and seen that you did mention it! Guess I need glasses!!