What is Your Metabolism Like?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With all the talk lately about Easter feasts, chocolate polls and workout support threads, I'm wondering how everyone would rate their metabolism. For me it seems like I could eat anything and not have any adverse effects. Other the other hand, I don't eat three meals a day. On the other other hand, (that's three hands now. Are you counting?) I remember eating 3 solid meals a day when I worked on the road, but that barely had any effect either. Maybe it was because I was working outside so much. So, what is your metabolism like to you? (The poll selections will magically appear at the top of this thread in a minute or two.
)

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can eat anything in any amount and I won't gain a pound... I'm actually struggling to stay above 150 right now *sigh*

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like many, if I eat too much for over a long period of time, I will gain weight (go figure?!?). But I try to balance it out with getting in some exercise every day, which probably burns up some of what I mow down.

Though with all this tempting Easter chocolate still kicking around the stores, I don't know...

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I look at food I gain weight. I think part of the problem is that I can't exercise as much as I should. Some days I'm lucky to be able to get out of bed since I hurt my back 4 years ago.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to be careful that i don't over do it (Like the last 4 days!
) because i can gain very easily.

I'll never forget a girl i worked with who was so thin and no matter how much junk she ate she never got any bigger, but when she hit her 30's i saw her in town and boy had she piled the lb's on!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah I wonder when my day will come.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Yeah ok Ryan!, it's women that lie about there age not men!
Well they must lie to me like experts then.

So how many people hate Stephanie and Carrie now?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I almost feel bad for just joking about it.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Aaawww, don't be silly, Ryan!
Well I did say "almost"...

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted "if I even look at food I gain weight" and that is true for the times when I'm not doing enough walking - which is RIGHT NOW
. I'm so looking forward to the good weather so that we can walk to the pub in the next village (about 7 mile round trip).

But when I'm doing a reasonable amount of walking, I can eat in moderation and be ok.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

*Sigh...

Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

I voted "if I even look at food I gain weight" and that is true for the times when I'm not doing enough walking - which is RIGHT NOW
. I'm so looking forward to the good weather so that we can walk to the pub in the next village (about 7 mile round trip).

But when I'm doing a reasonable amount of walking, I can eat in moderation and be ok.
Hey if walking works for you than you must be doing okay. Walk like this...

Originally Posted by rosiemac

*shouts* RYAN!!!!
OUCH!