What I made for dinner tonight!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, my, that looks soooooooooo goooooooood! I haven't done a lot of thinking towards dinner yet, but now I'm wondering about lamb. I know Rob wouldn't object -- it's his favourite meat. I think I have chops in the freezer...

In which case, there are also a couple of nice cooked potatoes that will fry up beautifully, and yet more beans from the garden -- good thing we like them.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF had never had lamb before I moved in and still teases me about killing the cute little furry animal so its definitely an occasional treat for me

We ate less than an hour ago (that was his plate so you can see how much he had) and he just told me he is hungry again!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have exactly the opposite experience. We NEVER had lamb at home -- not once in my entire life. Dad was the chef, and a fine one, but he had really bad experience with lamb -- or more to the point, mutton -- as a kid. His father -- to whom he never in all of my experience referred as anything other than "my father" -- was excruciatingly strict about cleaning up every single fragment on one's plate -- including that which made one gag --such as fat of any kind, in my Dad's case...you see where I'm going. Dad never cooked lamb. I had lamb a handful of times at friends' homes, and I have to say that no matter what I ate at friends' homes it never came close to being as good as what we had at home.

My real introduction to lamb came when Rob's significance in my life became such that paying attention to his likes and dislikes became important. Then I learned that it was his favourite meat, so I needed to learn how to prepare it. Simple as that. I will forever be grateful for that, because I have discovered that I love it.

I understand the "cute little furry animal" argument, but I find a more useful distinction about what I'm prepared to eat and what's off limits is "would I allow it on my bed?" Pigs are cute; calves are cute; lambs are cute; dogs are cute; cats are cute; bunnies are cute...you see where I'm going...

Anyway, here's dinner...

The chops get a bit of fresh rosemary on them while they're cooking. The spuddies got some roasted garlic and some fresh rosemary, too. Beans always get a bit of rosemary in this house.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His cute little furry animal argument only stretches as far as lamb, he will eat pretty much anything else without saying a word
I think it is partially because he never had it as a child also (for whatever reason his parents have).

I grew up eating lamb and have some nice recipes that leave it not tasting so fatty so as long as I cook it he will eat it without too much of a fuss. Our neighbour once made a whole leg of lamb for Sunday dinner (it was on special and she didn't have a knife to chop it) so gave us dinner (I love her!) and he wasn't so impressed.

Anyway I am thinking of either your Yosemite Chicken dinner or Russian Pork & Potato Bake (I omit the last 10 mins in skillet and bake with some breadcrumbs on top it's delicious) for tonight's dinner - gonna make myself cook something proper every night this week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never eat lamb, sorry. Though your dinner looks wonderful Frannie! My salmon wasn't bad, and I"m not a seafood eater!

That porchop recipe sounds great!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Russian pork looks good!

Lazy with the camera tonight...it was a big Caesar Salad with a pile of garlic prawns in the middle. Won't turn Susie's crank, but it was tasty.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eithne, that looks wonderful! Frannie, I sure wish I liked seafood more. It's so good for you............I did manage to eat salmon last weekend. If I could eat it all fried, I like it, but we all know that's bad for the numbers.......

We had chicken cachiatorre(I know I know...spelled wrong). I'll get a pic up later.........

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my chicken cattiatore dinner from last night. ( I know, I still don't know how to spell it and am too lazy right how to look it up!)

Tonight going out to dinner with my girlfriend who is going to kit sit my kitties next week..............

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Here's my chicken cattiatore dinner from last night. ( I know, I still don't know how to spell it and am too lazy right how to look it up!)

Tonight going out to dinner with my girlfriend who is going to kit sit my kitties next week..............
Susie, it looks like your chicken Chilli! :Crackup:

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I think it looks pretty good Fran........come on girl, show us some of your creations!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Hey, I think it looks pretty good Fran........come on girl, show us some of your creations!
Darling I think it would be yummy! I was just teasing

I havent been able to cook, because mum is still here! and im actually too ill to cook anything

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww guys!

It started out 3 weeks ago i had a mild cold, just a stuffy nose ect.

then I dont know i think stress kicked in, and i lost my voice on my bday till yesterday Now i can talk but not really well,
my nose has been runny with really thick gunk! and i cant stop coughing.
Ive had horrible nights sleep because i couldnt stop coughing!
I cant concentrate, ive been really warm, i wish i could just take my head off and rinse it with disinfectant stuff and just put it back on!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwww, poor Fran...........you need some chicken soup!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like that's EXACTLY what she needs! Fix you up in a hurry! Hope you're feeling more human soon.