What happened to my cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

konner920

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well he's eating and drinking. He looks like he doesn't have any fat anymore though, he has diarrhea, and he's vicious. He lets people pet him but he doesn't act normal. He bites, hisses and slaps at everyone.

Something has messed him up :/ He isn't my cat I knew. Scottish folds are supposed to be nice cats. now he's acting like the rest of my cats in the past. mean and hates everyone.

ashpie21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your cat. This thread brought me to tears because I know what its like to want to do something you cant for your cat because of money.
The first thing I would do is call around, explain whats going on, and ask what the chances are of survival.
Also! I would call shelters! They know vets and like an older post said maybe you should give him to a no kill shelter so they can help him if they think he has a chance of survival.

I really hope your cat gets better and I really wish i could help you more than just give you advice.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your kitty - I"ve read that cats often hiss at even beloved humans when they're ill or in pain. I know you've tried your best - but what do you mean all your other cats have been mean and hate everyone?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now he's acting like the rest of my cats in the past. mean and hates everyone.

something about this is making me think the enviroment is not conductive to having animals. If its cause the sibling has issues then future cats must have a safe area to go without worry of being targeted. I have many cats...Of all the cats I have had only 2 were mean. One was abused for a year and one just off from the start.

Far as the main issue at hand here. If theres no money for treatment at the very least look into having him euthed at the shelter/vet I have had it with group cremation for 160. without being cremated it would be less. Sorry to be blunt but this cat cant go on and if theres no money something needs to happen. I have had cats euthed in past when we didnt know what it was or it was out of range.

You need to have cat seen by SOME vet or surrender it to a shelter for possible care. First post was aug 17th.

All those signs are of animal in pain(marked behavior changes)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

konner920

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's not hurt anymore if he even was. He runs and plays and jumps around.. He doesn't hide anymore.

He just acts mean.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just because he runs and plays doesn't mean he is not in pain. Cats are very good at hiding pain and it usually manifests itself in aggressive behavior or other behavioural changes.
I had a cat once with 5 slipped disks in his back who was in extreme pain, and he was still playing, even though it probably hurt.