What do you look for in guys/girls?

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ahhh, so criminal activity is your downfall, eh? I'll bet you were in black ops, right? I'll bet you live in dread of the day when your past catches up with you... when you glance across a street and see a chillingly familiar face... a face you last saw through the drifting haze of gunsmoke at the camel market in Istanbul, the face of the man who had just dropped your partner in the dust... the man against whom you swore vengeance, and now that he's returned, you know you'll be drawn back into the game... the dirty, deadly game of international intrigue...

Yeah. That's it, right?
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Oh my
this makes him sound like a cross between Indiana Jones and James Bond
OH !!!.......Really ??.... Ladies....Ladies....calm down

Originally Posted by theimp98

the stories i could i tell, but i need to check your ID;s first
Down boy !!!!! down!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

I'm curious in what you people look for in potential mates. I'm always told I have rather strange taste in girls.

I like shy and childish girls, especially on the spacey side with a touch of loneliness. A bit of goof is a plus too. A little lip gloss is ok, but finds makeup disgusting. Closet musician. More interested in chowing down on a parfait than shopping for fancy shoes or clothes. Jet black hair, deep dark blue eyes, pale skin, and petite body would be perfect.

Haha, sometimes I have doubts that people like that exist, but a guy can dream.
Sooo...what I'm gathering is you like a happy medium between a little goth girl listening to Cradle of Filth who frolicks glassy-eyed through your local cemetary at midnight for fun, and your more spunky emo-chick Hello Kitty-wearin' who loves independent film, listens to the Get Up Kids...sort of skirting the lines of a quirky Christina Ricci-type with blue eyes circa 2001.

Honey, I am your woman.

I AM ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally in a man, I too am in the "must work and have a pulse" camp. I'm getting too old to even care anymore.
Lord, I used to have some standards...and then I met my husband.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't marry for looks or money - those have never been important to me.

My husband had long hair and a full beard the first eight years of our relationship, and I honestly had no idea what he looked like under all that hair!

When he shaved and I cut his hair, SURPRISE! He was gorgeous! Go figure!

I suggest single people go for personality and qualities that are important and compatible. And does that person get your heart racing when you are with him/her? You don't want to base a long-term relationship on something that is going to change, i.e. physical looks.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I didn't marry for looks or money - those have never been important to me.

My husband had long hair and a full beard the first eight years of our relationship, and I honestly had no idea what he looked like under all that hair!

When he shaved and I cut his hair, SURPRISE! He was gorgeous! Go figure!

I suggest single people go for personality and qualities that are important and compatible. And does that person get your heart racing when you are with him/her? You don't want to base a long-term relationship on something that is going to change, i.e. physical looks.
But doesn't the looks get your heart racing?
For me it does as well as the compatibility. I think being attracted to your spouse is VERY important.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Attraction isn't only about looks.
So true! It's amazing how much more handsome a man becomes as soon as you find out he's funny and smart and easy to talk with.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if I were looking, which I stopped actively doing a while ago... I had a small list, some of which you can't print in an ad with out attracting a sh*tload of idjits..

He should be: someone who adores animals, specifically cats, and understands his place in my life and theirs. If he can't get that, he doesn't get to criteria two. They're not going anywhere.

Someone who is generally laid back, I'm opinionated and outspoken and independent enough for both of us, but he is someone who is *willing* to deal with all the bs if he needs to. I'd really like it if he's willing to take over the "fight" for whatever it is I'm fighting for at the current moment.. over an incorrect bill, whatever it might be.

Someone who appreciates me while I'm coasting about in jeans or sweats and a t-shirt, but completely appreciates and enjoys getting dressed up with me for an evening out. MUST like and appreciate lingerie.

I would guess that he would have to have a liberal sense of politics, or no position on politics at all. I don't really care about what religion he is, but usually someone who practices a religion doesn't respond well to someone who does not practice, so.. while I don't care, they usually do.

Doesn't have to be a neat freak. I'm definitely not, but he does have to be willing to help clean when it gets to be that time. I have a hard enough time keeping up after myself, let alone adding in trying to keep up after another person, lol. I need a bit of balance in this department. I'm definitely not the worst housekeeper, but.. ya know.. there is never going to be a day that someone could walk in randomly and find my house spotless, other than cleaning day.

Looks aren't so important, I don't discriminate against anyone, but men who turn my head are usually olive-skinned, dark hair, and I have a specific weakness for colored eyes.. sharp angular features.. I actually prefer less body hair, but it's not mandatory. I don't like "shaved" men, and I'm not talking facial hair. It's ouchy.

General things; intelligent and able to stump me upon occasion, but who isn't haughty about it; good sense of humor, likes to go out and yes, occasionally get drunk as stress relief, but doesn't want to do it *all* the time, likes to dance (ballroom, latin, line dance.. as well as top 40/hiphop)...must at least like classic rock. Must not force me to listen to rap or acid metal. Taller is good, I like to wear heels, occasionally, but I have dated shorter men. Must be respectful, and get the "three strike rule" long before it's a done deal. A job is good, preferably one that has a decent income, but I'm not particular about what job it is. Must be social or at least willing to be social when we do something. I'm social enough for two if they're willing to tag along.

Aww, heck, that's all I can think of at the moment. Anyway, I am not actively looking so..I guess it doesn't really matter at this point,

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the first things I ask them is how they feel about animals. If they don't love animals then there is really no point in even talking about it. But if they do love animals then they should be smart enough so we could have intelligent conversations. She should be pretty good looking (nothing special but enough so I can see they care enough to take care of herself), and just generally a nice person.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always liked men with dark hair and dark eyes. I also like a man with a kind heart, who's very understanding and can put up with my moods, must be a true animal lover, vegetarian like myself would be nice and a great sense of humor, since I'm pretty straight and kinda lack in this department. I need someone that can make me laugh. So, I'm happy to say and very lucky that my dear boyfriend Will of almost 18 years has all of these wonderful qualities!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, so I noticed something funny. I tend to look at girls while they're doing stuff, either alone, or with their friends, and I'll look for certain idiosyncratic behavior. Just from the idiosyncratic ticks they have I can tell whether I'll get a long with them or not. Anyone else do this or is it just a weird thing I do?

Certain idiosyncrasies that I look for:

Kind of a clutz. Smiles to self occasionally, i.e. when she messed something up and no ones around to watch (or she thinks).

Talks at a very relaxed pace, short sentences, incapable of doing the motor-mouth thing, maybe a slight lisp, brings up strange subjects at random moments.

Bites thumb and curls up when nervous.

Nibbles food while doing something. Uses mouth as third hand for holding things while hands are full (pen, napkin, usually little things).

Duck-walks almost gracefully while looking for books on the bottom shelf in a library. Found books tucked on lap. Gets up, pats dust off lap.

Inspects objects carefully, usually a little too closely.

Idiosyncrasies that I avoid:

Fast talkers. Especially with a lot of pointing and hand waving.

Anyone who sort of stands out, leader of a pack.

Always checking self in a mirror.

Always fixing hair, or clothing, or nails, etc.

Rough with objects/people, i.e. slams/throws stuff on table, exerts too much force while cutting food, pushes people around.

Chews gum with mouth open.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my guy is tall(6'1"-6'2")
Blond hair, army green eyes(everyone else including him say his eyes change color depending on lighting and his emotions but i have spent enough time studying his eyes to safely say he has army green eyes), fair skin, almost no body hair
(although his fuzz is apparently two much for the army so he "shaves" and when it grows back it is thicker and longer so he will have a full beard rather soon.
), he has seriously kissable lips, and he moves like a wild cat.

he is fiercely loyal, totally sweet, intelligent, funny, a complete smart-ass, mischievous, annoying, sexy and everything i could hope for.

he is in the army national guard(soon to be active most likely) and loves it.

i love him to death and no wish to look for anyone else.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

4. Hair chest is a huge plus
I have never understood the draw of chest hair. i find it slightly disgusting and back hair is just disgusting period. and face hair...not that cool either. i prefer straight, smooooooth, silky skin.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Haha, so I noticed something funny. I tend to look at girls while they're doing stuff, either alone, or with their friends, and I'll look for certain idiosyncratic behavior. Just from the idiosyncratic ticks they have I can tell whether I'll get a long with them or not. Anyone else do this or is it just a weird thing I do?

Certain idiosyncrasies that I look for:

Kind of a clutz. Smiles to self occasionally, i.e. when she messed something up and no ones around to watch (or she thinks).

Talks at a very relaxed pace, short sentences, incapable of doing the motor-mouth thing, maybe a slight lisp, brings up strange subjects at random moments.

Bites thumb and curls up when nervous.

Nibbles food while doing something. Uses mouth as third hand for holding things while hands are full (pen, napkin, usually little things).

Duck-walks almost gracefully while looking for books on the bottom shelf in a library. Found books tucked on lap. Gets up, pats dust off lap.

Inspects objects carefully, usually a little too closely.

Idiosyncrasies that I avoid:

Fast talkers. Especially with a lot of pointing and hand waving.

Anyone who sort of stands out, leader of a pack.

Always checking self in a mirror.

Always fixing hair, or clothing, or nails, etc.

Rough with objects/people, i.e. slams/throws stuff on table, exerts too much force while cutting food, pushes people around.

Chews gum with mouth open.
it's not weird, all of my friends are weird and random, and my boyfriend is just like them, with things of his own. that is the first draw, lol.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKitty

I have never understood the draw of chest hair. i find it slightly disgusting and back hair is just disgusting period. and face hair...not that cool either. i prefer straight, smooooooth, silky skin.
Chest hair gives you something to grab on to