What color is this cat???

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Arlyn is right ! I would've sworn that cat was a dilute color from that other pic.

edit; man, I type so slow.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Argh I actually knew the British Shorthair right away when I saw that photo, why do I have to be out every time there's one I can get right?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... those kittens are just gorgeous!! How'd you ever get them to sit still like that? I'd have to duct-tape 'em down or something, and I don't see any tape in the pic!

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Wow... those kittens are just gorgeous!! How'd you ever get them to sit still like that? I'd have to duct-tape 'em down or something, and I don't see any tape in the pic!
I didn't make the pic
(Danielle Rozenboom did). She works together with her guy Rick, they distract the kittens with feather teasers.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If its a chocolate lyxn point, then the one photo is a very poor one. BTW in the multiple kitten pic you also have a seal point there

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Sorry, I thought the lighting on the first picture was okay, so I was really confused when people started saying he was a blue-point! Blame apartment bedroom lighting.
The second one shows off the chocolate coloring better.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, yup, I recognized your boys, but I can never, for the life of me remember their colors.
Or any pointed cat's colors for that matter, unless they are blue point or seal point

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not my fault!!!! Pam's fault! Next pic coming soon, it SHOULD be an easy one to pay for the "blue" Chocolate lynx point Birman aka Chaynal!

ETA : I type slow too! Was commenting on Pam's post!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next cat...hmmm, maybe not so easy after all!

Breed:150 points, color (same for all registries
) 100 points!

What breed and color is this cat??? (No peeking at the link!)

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ding Ding Ding!!!! Well done!!!
250 points for you!!!!

Personally speaking (in other words, IMO), I do not like this "type" of Abyssinian - very extreme....

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pm box is getting full and I keep deleting stuff which I need! If you want to send me pics of your cats (
) please send it to [email protected]! Otherwise...please, can someone teach me how to make my pms into emails???

Anyway...next kitty

Breed:100 points, color:50 points (too easy).

What breed and color is this cat???

Here's a clue for the heck of it! He's one of mine!!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Well done!!!
250 points for you!!!!

Personally speaking (in other words, IMO), I do not like this "type" of Abyssinian - very extreme....
WOW! Thank you! Cannot remember the last time I won something

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red mackeral tabby Maine coon.

Finally on at the right time to play again

Abymummy I have been sending lots of winning vibes for Bulan. I was wondering about the more extreme type in some Aby's. Is that a newer trend? I like the rounder faces.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

Red mackeral tabby Maine coon.

Finally on at the right time to play again

Abymummy I have been sending lots of winning vibes for Bulan. I was wondering about the more extreme type in some Aby's. Is that a newer trend? I like the rounder faces.
Red Mackeral Tabby is right!!! 50 points for you!!!

Wrong breed!!!!

Thanks for the vibes! Seriously, seriously need them!!!

As for breed standards..well, it's all up to interpretation - here's what CFA says:

HEAD: a modified, slightly rounded wedge without flat planes; the brow, cheek, and profile lines all showing a gentle contour. A slight rise from the bridge of the nose to the forehead, which should be of good size, with width between the ears and flowing into the arched neck without a break.

MUZZLE: not sharply pointed or square. The chin should be neither receding nor protruding. Allowance should be made for jowls in adult males.

EARS: alert, large, and moderately pointed; broad, and cupped at base and set as though listening.

See - look at ears - what the heck does large mean anyway? Bat ears?? Seriously, I don't really like that on an Aby.

But all breeds go through trends... so it's really up to the breeder(s) to convince the judge(s) that their interpretation of the breed standard is correct. And that's why there will NEVER be a perfect example of any breed!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Norwegian forest cat perhaps ?
Ding Ding Ding!!!
100 points for you!!!

One of the main differences between a Wegie and a Coon is in the shape of the head - and my Lou is a really good example of that. The Wegie head shape should be an equilateral triangle whereas Coons have broader foreheads.

Another one for colorpointers!!!

Breed : 100 points coz it's easy and color 100 points coz it's easy

What breed and color is this cat?

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Red Mackeral Tabby is right!!! 50 points for you!!!

Wrong breed!!!!

Thanks for the vibes! Seriously, seriously need them!!!

As for breed standards..well, it's all up to interpretation - here's what CFA says:

HEAD: a modified, slightly rounded wedge without flat planes; the brow, cheek, and profile lines all showing a gentle contour. A slight rise from the bridge of the nose to the forehead, which should be of good size, with width between the ears and flowing into the arched neck without a break.

MUZZLE: not sharply pointed or square. The chin should be neither receding nor protruding. Allowance should be made for jowls in adult males.

EARS: alert, large, and moderately pointed; broad, and cupped at base and set as though listening.

See - look at ears - what the heck does large mean anyway? Bat ears?? Seriously, I don't really like that on an Aby.

But all breeds go through trends... so it's really up to the breeder(s) to convince the judge(s) that their interpretation of the breed standard is correct. And that's why there will NEVER be a perfect example of any breed!!!
He is beautiful, I almost said NFC, but then I thought his face looked more Maine Coon. I think I have those two mixed up. going to have to study them some more.

Thank you for the explanation on the judging. That is a tough one. I just would hate to see the Aby's get too oriental looking.