What color is this cat???

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a brown tabby/white to me - kinda Wegie looking

The difference in a torTie and a torBie is this:

Tortoiseshell - black, red, cream (sometimes) intermingled - not patches like in a calico.

Torbie is basically a Tabby (brown, blue, silver) that has the red/cream mixed in the coat. It HAS to have stripes in both the brown and the red coloring to be a torbie.

The torties have some striping in the red only - because red is almost always tabby looking - its hard to get a true solid red without the stripes.

Here's a website with pictures of the two to help

http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/t...rtietorbie.htm

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for clearing up the difference between the torbie and torti.

I think that beautiful cat is a brown classic tabby.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

This one should be easy...

So...50 points for color, 100 points for the pattern description and 100 points for breed!!!

What is the color, pattern and breed of this cat???

PS. Sorry, a lot of the breed pics come from shows!
I haven't finished reading through the thread but can I have him ? I know show pics but still?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Thanks for clearing up the difference between the torbie and torti.

I think that beautiful cat is a brown classic tabby.
i disagree - brown classic tabby & white.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will go with the brown classic tabby and white aswell.
im not all that good with colouring.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I get confused by tabby colours but he has the loveliest intense look. He definitely has some white on him so I'll also say brown classic tabby and white.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red Classic Tabby Exotic SH

BTW a Cameo (US) is the same thing as a Red Shaded. Its a shaded cat - white undercoat that has red tipping over top. Think of it as a black smoke cat but instead of black its the red color.

I call it butterscotch color poured over a white cat

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, where is everybody. I am up late waitng for a new kitty to guess. I love this thread.

Also, I am a little sentimentally attached to the significance of this thread. Due to Hurricane Katrina thousands of cats were separated from their people. I have been helping to reunited them for the last 18 months.

Due to the floods so many people lost all photos and they didn't know how to describe their kitties. I had one beautiful Siamese mix described to me as a "brindle smudge patch". I had NO idea what that was, I had to try and find photos to get one close enough to search for.

Then there was the one described as a grey tabby and white, that was actually a lynx point siamese with a bobtail.

So know how to describe our kitties in a manner that would allow others to identify them is really important. Hopefully none of us will ever have to experience a disaster that separates us from our beloved felines, but if it does we have to be able to accurately communicate what they looked like. Even if this means searching the internet for photos of cats that look similar to them.

Ok.....enought of my pet project!

Patently waiting for new kitty photo

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

OK, where is everybody. I am up late waitng for a new kitty to guess. I love this thread.

Also, I am a little sentimentally attached to the significance of this thread. Due to Hurricane Katrina thousands of cats were separated from their people. I have been helping to reunited them for the last 18 months.

Due to the floods so many people lost all photos and they didn't know how to describe their kitties. I had one beautiful Siamese mix described to me as a "brindle smudge patch". I had NO idea what that was, I had to try and find photos to get one close enough to search for.

Then there was the one described as a grey tabby and white, that was actually a lynx point siamese with a bobtail.

So know how to describe our kitties in a manner that would allow others to identify them is really important. Hopefully none of us will ever have to experience a disaster that separates us from our beloved felines, but if it does we have to be able to accurately communicate what they looked like. Even if this means searching the internet for photos of cats that look similar to them.

Ok.....enought of my pet project!

Patently waiting for new kitty photo
thats so nice of u! I have been searching online to see if i see any from the one site of lost pets! Some were shipped her to pittsburgh the do believe these poor animals have been shipped all over the place

But...on a good note

I too am waiting for another photo

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

BTW a Cameo (US) is the same thing as a Red Shaded. Its a shaded cat - white undercoat that has red tipping over top. Think of it as a black smoke cat but instead of black its the red color.

I call it butterscotch color poured over a white cat
Ah cool, thanks for the explanation! I'm familiar with the term shaded but I haven't seen many in person

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry!!!!
It's already Saturday evening and my Bulan has failed to final already in one ring
Very stressed meowmy here!

No need to name the breed but you can if you want!

What color is this cat???
Originally Posted by laureen227

american bobtail torbie aka patched tabby?

Its a Silver patched tabby
It is an American Bobtail, silver patched tabby aka silver torbie so points to Lauren and GK!

Meanwhile:

What color is this cat (one of TCS' fave cats)? No breed - points 300 donated by the owner!!!
Correct, Brown tabby white and I believe GK answered first so, 300 points to her!!!
However, I, personally think there's Maine Coon in him not Norwegian!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I haven't finished reading through the thread but can I have him ? I know show pics but still?
Sorry Ladycat, no you can't have him!!!
He's grown up a lot since that pic and is now a CFA champion!
Hopefully, he will be one of my friend's main studs in the cattery!

Hang on for the next pic...looking now!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK! One for colorpoint lovers!

Breed - 100 points, color....150 points!!!

What breed and color is this cat???

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mimosa

Blue tabby point Birman
Right breed, wrong color!!!! 100 points for you!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bluecream lynx point???? Hard to tell if there is any cream - would like to see the tail
Close, very close!

Updated show news...

Out of 3 rings today (3 tomorrow)...No finals in one ring, 8th Best in the second and 4th best in the Third for Bulan! She needs to be at least 6th Best in the other 3 rings to smell DW!
Still a stressed out meowmy here!!!