What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezebel1490

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  I would guess same as Carolina,     they may be Ragdoll mixes or just happen to be Raggie look-alikes.    or if adopted as adults from a shelter it is even possible they could be Ragdolls.      though without knowing for sure they would be classified as " Domestic Longhair"  

They are way too fluffy to look like Snowshoes!   .  and they do look like they're probabl larger than the average Birman. 

Their color / pattern is  for the male,  Seal Lynx Mitted    and for the female  Seal Torbie Mitted 
Thanks a lot!  I know for a fact that they are not purebred as I know what their Mom looks like and she is most definitely not a Ragdoll.  I adopted them when they were 9 weeks old and are now 15 months.  I did suspect they had a little of Ragdoll in them.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! Regal as always. *points to Fur Pictures forum* You should post more there. And there's a monthly photo contest too.

sarzey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitten from a pet store that never showed her breed or anything. I don't know if she is simply a domestic or a purebreed of something. I'm trying to find out what age she should finish growing as she's 9 months old and still really small!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got my kitten from a pet store that never showed her breed or anything. I don't know if she is simply a domestic or a purebreed of something. I'm trying to find out what age she should finish growing as she's 9 months old and still really small!
Beautiful kitten. She's a domestic shorthair, not a purebred. Most cats will reach their full adult size between 1 year and 18 months, but some of the larger breeds can keep growing for 3-4 years. At 9 months your kitten still has some growing to do, but she'll probably never be a huge cat.

sarzey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful kitten. She's a domestic shorthair, not a purebred. Most cats will reach their full adult size between 1 year and 18 months, but some of the larger breeds can keep growing for 3-4 years. At 9 months your kitten still has some growing to do, but she'll probably never be a huge cat.
Thanks for the help :)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Your kitten is a domestic shorthair. Unless he has pedigree papers from a reputable breeder. His pattern is red (orange) tabby and white.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D'awww! Red and white kitty. :) Orange boys are so lovable, aren't they? He looks very young in those pictures. Is he a rescue kitty? What's his name?

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the little moustache! As Goldycat said, domestic shorthair. Colour/ pattern is Black and White Bicolor.

/quote]

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And wolfcrafts little Red Tabby and White kitty is adorable.
and catspaw, Wow! that is some intense red!

Here is some more deep red. my dad's former feral Red Classic Tabby and White moggy girl Taggy.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kerrylynn, sorry I didn't answer sooner. it's STILL hard to see for sure the kind of pattern because of the fluffy coat! In a semilonghair it can be hard to see. but by clicking on the photos and looking closely, I think looks like probably Red Mackerel Tabby in a Broken Mackerel pattern. where the stripes are broken up . Does that sound like what you're seeing?

Pixie sure has some lovely color especially in some kinds of light. She is a beautiful girl.

saphire06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she does not have papers then she is a Domestic short haired or dsh for short

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sarzey. The pattern is Black and White, or Black and white bicolor with a fancy word. 

The pattern is also often called for Tuxedo.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What beautiful pointed cats! If they do not have papers they would be described as pointed longhaired cats, I think lynx point. To me because of their size they look like either Ragdolls or Snowshoes. Mitted feet are also a trait of the Birman breed, but they look a little large to be Birmans. I love pointed cats, where did you find them?
Franksmom, Jezebel.   You are right, most often the white socks tells it is birma, not ragdoll.

As white socks are breed typical for Birman, but not for Ragdoll.

Now, there IS a variation in ragdoll with white socks, the Mitted Ragdoll, or "Ragdoll with white"...

So here our two heroines are "Mitted Ragdoll" look alikes.

As Jezebel told us, their mom wasnt no ragdoll, so they cant be ragdolls without papers.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Merro!  What a striking cat!  What country do you live in?

If in USA, I presume she is a "common moggie" although unusual...  The pattern is  Tabby and White.

Although Im sure more can be said still.   :)

If she is wellbehaving, like people and like to be handled by people, try to show her at a Cat show.  Almost all cat shows does have also a class for Household Pet class, ie a class for "moggies".  They are quite popular!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.