What behavioral/funny things does your cat do?

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I forgot about how Lucky would lick plastic bags. He's the only cat out of god knows how many in my life that did that. I mean, he was just in absolutely heaven with his licky licky licky. Used to drive me up a wall, lol. What I wouldn't do to hear it again! 

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At work, we make popcorn for customers waiting for their cars to much on. I'll occasionally get a bag and bring it home with me. Toothless LOVES popcorn. He always tries stealing some from me. I'll give him a couple small pieces to get him to stop bugging me, but it's just weird.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles has a new quirk now that we've had a few cold days. I gave my kids some baby blankets to use with their dolls. One is a really plush soft one. Well; that blanket now belongs to Noodles!

She has a spot on the back of the couch that I spread it out on and she will come running to make her biscuits on it and purr to her little hearts contentment. If she is already there she will let me tuck her in and she goes to sleep! She has never been a burrower before!

I used to come home and find Mooch under the couch blanket in cold weather; but this is really new for Noodles!

blacksakura6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sho will bring me dirty socks and underwear....  Mewing loudly the entire time he is carrying it to me....   I have no idea why but he started this last year and we assumed it may be a stress response due to a lot of changes in the household.  A desire for more attention.

So he comes walking proudly into the living room, tail high in the air, carrying a pair of my husband's dirty underwear....   And of course we thank him, kiss him and praise him.  So I always make sure to do laundry before guest come to visit!  

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At work, we make popcorn for customers waiting for their cars to much on. I'll occasionally get a bag and bring it home with me. Toothless LOVES popcorn. He always tries stealing some from me. I'll give him a couple small pieces to get him to stop bugging me, but it's just weird.
My cat likes popcorn too, but I'm always paranoid that he's going to choke and I end up separating the fluffy parts and giving a few to him. Mostly, if he's in my face when I'm eating, I'll give him some Temptations or other cat treats.

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats love popcorn too but they just play with it. They don't actually eat it, just bat at it with their paws and chase it around on the floor LOL

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes popcorn too, but I'm always paranoid that he's going to choke and I end up separating the fluffy parts and giving a few to him. Mostly, if he's in my face when I'm eating, I'll give him some Temptations or other cat treats.
The kind we make is small pieces anyway, and I don't let him have the ones with kernels. He only eats two or three before he wanders away anyway.

miraculousbeads

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stormy has become the "Cat Burglar" of the house.  She steals dental floss from the bathroom trash, pens, business cards.  She steals my beads from my work table.  Stormy waits until I go to sleep to burglarize the house, stealing the bath tub  plug and my jar of hair conditioner which I had just made.  I found the bath tub plug, but not the hair conditioner.  I had to make a whole new batch. 

Lately, I discovered that she talks to her baby chick toy and grooms it.  One morning I found her chicky had had a bath in Stormy's water bowl.  Every morning I find Stormy's baby chick toy laying on the pillow next to mine

The newest behavior is that after I wash the floor, Stormy likes to finish the job by wiping the floor with her paws over and over again.  Stormy sort of reminds me of the time I lived at home with my mother who used to re-wash the floor after I had just washed it.

Her biting habit if somewhat under control  Stormy likes to bite out of the blue when I least expect it.  I scold her, tap her on the head and say, "No bite the Mommy".  Sometimes she bites my knee  and quickly runs away when I am sitting on the couch watching TV. Stormy's behavior has improved significantly, however and when one day she had my arm in her mouth about to bite down, I yelled, "No bite the Mommy" and she remained frozen in that position without actually biting me and then let go. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Stormy has become the "Cat Burglar" of the house.  She steals dental floss from the bathroom trash, pens, business cards.  She steals my beads from my work table.  Stormy waits until I go to sleep to burglarize the house, stealing the bath tub  plug and my jar of hair conditioner which I had just made.  I found the bath tub plug, but not the hair conditioner.  I had to make a whole new batch. 

Lately, I discovered that she talks to her baby chick toy and grooms it.  One morning I found her chicky had had a bath in Stormy's water bowl.  Every morning I find Stormy's baby chick toy laying on the pillow next to mine

The newest behavior is that after I wash the floor, Stormy likes to finish the job by wiping the floor with her paws over and over again.  Stormy sort of reminds me of the time I lived at home with my mother who used to re-wash the floor after I had just washed it.

Her biting habit if somewhat under control  Stormy likes to bite out of the blue when I least expect it.  I scold her, tap her on the head and say, "No bite the Mommy".  Sometimes she bites my knee  and quickly runs away when I am sitting on the couch watching TV. Stormy's behavior has improved significantly, however and when one day she had my arm in her mouth about to bite down, I yelled, "No bite the Mommy" and she remained frozen in that position without actually biting me and then let go. 
Stormy sounds utterly charming!  What a joy to live with such a fun kitty.
 And I'm glad to hear the biting is slowly getting better.  

alic23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Tinkerbell likes to come up to me after i've just had a shower and will start licking my hand, then grabbing my wrist with her paws (claws out) and biting. If i can't get my hand away she will full on treat my hand like prey and do the back legs kicking thing and it seriously hurts! I now have to remember to shut the door behind me every time i have had a shower so she won't attempt to eat me. She only does it after a shower, never any other time, not even after just freshly washed hands. :eek:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Tinkerbell likes to come up to me after i've just had a shower and will start licking my hand, then grabbing my wrist with her paws (claws out) and biting. If i can't get my hand away she will full on treat my hand like prey and do the back legs kicking thing and it seriously hurts! I now have to remember to shut the door behind me every time i have had a shower so she won't attempt to eat me. She only does it after a shower, never any other time, not even after just freshly washed hands. :eek:
Try to get her to allow you to trim her claws. you don't need much off each claw, just mainly the sharp tip. Don't forget the dewclaws. They HURT.

If you get her to stop grabbing your hand now, in the future she will learn how to play gently with your hands and fingers. I play "You Bet Your Fingers" with The Ladies. There is a window with a wide sill (for FBC) and curtains right behind the headboard. Without looking, I will stick my fingers in the crack between the curtains and hope I bring back the same number I put in. Actually, they rarely hurt me.

thricenine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ouch! Dinah likes to sit right next to the tub and make trilling noises the whole time I'm taking a shower. If I have the door closed she'll stick her paws under and meow until I'm done.

After I'm out she likes to serpentine around my ankles and then be picked up so she can sniff my face/arms/shoulders. We like to joke that she thinks I'm drowning or need help cause she hates water more than any cat I've ever had and ordinarily she doesn't like to be held.

She also trills whenever she's playing with a wand toy. All that noise makes her a terrible hunter but it's so cute.

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My coffee table belongs to Max. Beverages and books are OK, but pretty much anything else - TV remote, pens, pencils, note pads, loose change - gets swatted onto the floor as soon as it appears. She does this even if she's not interested in sitting on the table. She'll be wandering by, see the offending objects, jump up, swat them onto the floor, and then jump down and go on her way.