What behavioral/funny things does your cat do?

fuzzytint

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think my cat is full of quirks, but the most unique one is her love of licking plastic. Not all plastic but like containers and wrappers, especially if they are thin and crinkly like cellophane. She just sees it and just goes at it for a few minutes like she can't believe I didn't offer it sooner. I wondered if she has some kind of vitamin deficiency but I really can't find any information to that effect. 

And it's not like she's a mouthy cat. Besides plastic, her cat food, and her own fur, she doesn't really go after anything else.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheba is also a plastic licker. She also bites thin plastic, like baggies and such. I think she likes to hear the POP when she bites through. Sorta like popping bubble wrap.

She was about 4 years old when I got her, so have no idea where the habit came from.

fuzzytint

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Sheba is also a plastic licker. She also bites thin plastic, like baggies and such. I think she likes to hear the POP when she bites through. Sorta like popping bubble wrap.

She was about 4 years old when I got her, so have no idea where the habit came from.
Thanks for making me and my cat feel less unique. j/k!

Maybe it is a bubble-wrap kind of thing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asha has a very definite routine when she want me to do something for her (usually either 'feed me' or 'play with me'). If the usual meowing and acting cute doesn't work, she'll come and sit on a wooden storage chest by my chair. This puts her mouth level with my ear. She'll tap me firmly on the shoulder twice, then meow as loud as she can into my ear! :lol3: It's so cute that it never fails to get a response :heart3:

Shadow has a funny ritual around meals. He'll ONLY eat his food once I've told him it's yummy! :crackup: It's a pretty recent development, but so weird. :rolleyes2:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
.....Shadow has a funny ritual around meals. He'll ONLY eat his food once I've told him it's yummy!
It's a pretty recent development, but so weird.
:

I hope he doesn't start to wait until he's seen you taste it as well.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
 Mouse has never been one for straight forward or predictable kitty behaviour but he has recently started on a new and interestingly useful basic survival phase.   He has resisted drinking from a water bowl pretty much since I brought him in to my home, and has always drunk water from the kitchen tap if it was dripping, or stolen in to the bathroom and licked any dripping taps or water on the bottom of the bath.   I have no idea why it should be appealing but the water in any glass or mug I happen to be drinking from is fair game but not one I leave for him at the side of the sink!   Pest.   The condensation on the apartment windows has been bad the last few weeks.  Mouse's latest trick is licking the windows to take a nice leisurely drink when ever there is condensation there.  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't exactly funny, but it's behavioral for sure. 

Oreo is my alpha kitty.  The other night I was watching TV.  All of a sudden I heard, "yowwwwwwwl" coming from my bedroom.  I thought it was on TV at first so I ignored it.  Then it happened again this time with an almost human like voice yelling "ARRGHH!!"  I thought "well THIS can't be good!"

I ran into my room to find Oreo fussing at Harry in the corner.  Oreo all bushy-tailed and giving Harry what-for.  Why?  I have no clue.  Harry was already on top of the cat tree minding his own business, a place Oreo has never even wanted to go, so I can't figure out what got Oreo's nose out of joint.  Poor Harry's ears were flattened like "what did I do?"  I tried to distract Oreo by talking to him, putting out cat nip, which they all enjoy, to no avail.  So I played the trump card.  I opened the kibble container and put a few bits in their bowl noisily.  Oreo immediately came running and acted like he forgot all about why he was mad at Harry, lol.

The next morning Oreo was grooming Harry at breakfast, this time without a fight.  So I guess all was forgiven but I still would like to know why Oreo got so mad.  

nachoandsoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 year old cat named Nacho loves to play fetch With Tootsie Pops and DumDums! He doesn't eat them, just drops them on my lap and waits for me to throw it. He goes absolutely crazy for them, I'm not sure why he thinks they are such great toys for fetch. In addition, he loves to give hugs and kisses. Whenever I get home for the day he puts a paw on each of my shoulders and rubs his little face all over mine. He's such a love!

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 year old cat named Nacho loves to play fetch With Tootsie Pops and DumDums! He doesn't eat them, just drops them on my lap and waits for me to throw it. He goes absolutely crazy for them, I'm not sure why he thinks they are such great toys for fetch. In addition, he loves to give hugs and kisses. Whenever I get home for the day he puts a paw on each of my shoulders and rubs his little face all over mine. He's such a love!
Toothless does the same thing! He has a little purple catnip-filled raccoon he play fetch with me with. He gives hugs too. Except he jumps all the way up first, then wraps his paws around and loves on me.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Toothless does the same thing! He has a little purple catnip-filled raccoon he play fetch with me with. He gives hugs too. Except he jumps all the way up first, then wraps his paws around and loves on me.
When Sinbad wants a hug, he rolls on his back and reaches for me with both front arms outstretched. When I stop and give him his attention, he purrs like mad, hugs tightly, and rubs his face all over me. It is the most adorable, irresistible thing ever. Seeing that little reach for me never fails to make me stop what I'm doing and lean down to give him some love.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
No hugs for me from Mouse this evening, he's busy snoozing.  Yesterday he was busy being an artist and creating all kinds of circular designs on my windows as he went about his daily liquid intake....  

jonah9484

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every time you eat Smarties candy in my house you have to ball up the wrapper and throw it on the wood floor for Harley so she can slap it around. She also plays catch with it.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sugar likes to lay on the edge of my bed, with her front half hanging off, and dig in the bedside trash can. She can pull empty 20oz. water bottles out and toss them several feet. If I complain at her and give her a poke or two with my finger, she will turn around and semi-gently bite that finger, If I do it again, she bites a little harder. Never enough to draw blood or leave marks, just enough to say  "You know, I could sink these teeth into your finger."

gangsta chanca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my cat is hungry, in the afternoon around 3:00 pm, he starts to be bad if he isn't fed. He knocks everything he can, attacks people, destroys everything.  

He also loves to sleep half on my bed and half on my desk. Back half on the bed, while he lays his head and front paws on my desk, stretching himself out. Seems kinda odd, or maybe that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your phone okay?

My iPhone fell into the dishwater once. I pulled it out, dried it off, and there was no damage.