What behavioral/funny things does your cat do?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your phone okay?

My iPhone fell into the dishwater once. I pulled it out, dried it off, and there was no damage.
The phone lives. Kitten had one of the rare gravy foods that morning and Mook for some reason cannot handle it at all and usually won't touch it. So the one morning I had a phone on my desk charging she eats food she usually avoids walks over and pukes on the phone. I mean really ?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The phone lives. Kitten had one of the rare gravy foods that morning and Mook for some reason cannot handle it at all and usually won't touch it. So the one morning I had a phone on my desk charging she eats food she usually avoids walks over and pukes on the phone. I mean really ?
She was waiting until you got something new.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When the boys were younger, we had a huge ginger tom named Primus.  He was named for the band, because of his big bass purr.  Primus used to insist on taking baths with me.  If he got locked out of the bathroom, he would stand at the door and squall until someone let him in.  You've never lived until you've tried to relax in a hot bubble bath with a 12-14 pound wet tom cat on your chest.  He also liked the shower, and would happily chase the water around the bottom of the tub while I showered.

onirin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted a 1 year 1 month old into the family about 2 months ago.  The kitty likes to lay in my lap, but I bought a new fluffy robe and she starts kneading and will even try to suckle the robe.  While cute it's leaving cowlicks on my new robe, LOL,

I should have seen it coming, she did this to the fluffy bed we gave her when we brought her home too.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I adopted a 1 year 1 month old into the family about 2 months ago.  The kitty likes to lay in my lap, but I bought a new fluffy robe and she starts kneading and will even try to suckle the robe.  While cute it's leaving cowlicks on my new robe, LOL,

I should have seen it coming, she did this to the fluffy bed we gave her when we brought her home too.
This could be worse.  Hekitty's favored spot for this activity, which is called "smurgling," is the crook of my elbow.  I spend most of my life looking like I have a skin disease from the claw pricks on my upper arm.  She may outgrow this.  She may not.  I'm hoping that Hekitty will, but she'll be eight years old on April 1st of next year, so I'm prolly kidding myself (ya think?)

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fuzzy's new thing is crawling into bed with me in the early hours of the morning... and settling down on my face.

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat treasure is obsessed with running water. It seems to be the sound of the faucet running that attracts her to the sink and bathtub, because she will sit in the sink while I wash my hands and drink the water coming out of the faucet. She does the same thing when the bathtub is filling up. Now she actually tells me when to take a bath or shower, if I don't take a bath at the same time every day she will sit in the bathroom meowing in this sassy way for someone to turn the water on.

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When the boys were younger, we had a huge ginger tom named Primus.  He was named for the band, because of his big bass purr.  Primus used to insist on taking baths with me.  If he got locked out of the bathroom, he would stand at the door and squall until someone let him in.  You've never lived until you've tried to relax in a hot bubble bath with a 12-14 pound wet tom cat on your chest.  He also liked the shower, and would happily chase the water around the bottom of the tub while I showered.
That is the cutest thing, oh my gosh.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

.  You've never lived until you've tried to relax in a hot bubble bath with a 12-14 pound wet tom cat on your chest. 
   Except mine are female, and I have 3 that want to sit on my chest. That's why I keep the door closed when I take a bubble bath. There isn't any comparison to a lavender bubble bath - in peace. My friends say, "Oh well, He's just wacky that way", and their wives have a longing look in their eyes.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is the cutest thing, oh my gosh.
It becomes less cute when you're the one with the tomcat on your chest, front paws dabbling on one side, tail stirring the water on the other, sandpaper tongue trying to dry your ribs.  Oh, heck, I guess it is cute, but only in retrospect.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Except mine are female, and I have 3 that want to sit on my chest. That's why I keep the door closed when I take a bubble bath. There isn't any comparison to a lavender bubble bath - in peace. My friends say, "Oh well, He's just wacky that way", and their wives have a longing look in their eyes.
To my credit, I did try keeping the bathroom door closed, but Primus, being a cat of tremendous fortitude, would simply sit outside the door and yowl st the top of his not-inconsiderable lungs (this is the cat whose bass purr could be heard from 30 feet away...good lungs) until someone gave up, gave in, and let him in.

Lavender bubble bath is nice, although I prefer vanilla.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still very warm here, ridiculous winter, so I'm still wearing my summer house dress.
Whisky likes to lie between my legs. I've noticed when he jumps up the first thing he does is look up my dress! and then settles down to sleep.

gangsta chanca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My male cat, who has been neutered years ago, attempts...procreating...with those soft blankets and robes. I cant get him to stop, so one of our ruined robes has become his "girlfriend". I have never found out why he does this, and i still wonder...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

To my credit, I did try keeping the bathroom door closed, but Primus, being a cat of tremendous fortitude, would simply sit outside the door and yowl st the top of his not-inconsiderable lungs (this is the cat whose bass purr could be heard from 30 feet away...good lungs) until someone gave up, gave in, and let him in.

Lavender bubble bath is nice, although I prefer vanilla.
Yeah, vanilla smells wonderful, but The Ladies prefer the lavender. I have tried many aromas. After all, it is THEIR house, they only let me live here to feed, pet and take care of them

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Whatever keeps your Ladies happy!  And what a beautiful bunch they are (I took the liberty of looking at your profile, hoping for more kittehs, and hit paydirt...CALICOS!  Lord, I love those tri-colored kittehs!).  I'm willing to bet they lead you a merry dance.  And am further willing to bet that you love every minute of it. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Whatever keeps your Ladies happy!  And what a beautiful bunch they are (I took the liberty of looking at your profile, hoping for more kittehs, and hit paydirt...CALICOS!  Lord, I love those tri-colored kittehs!).  I'm willing to bet they lead you a merry dance.  And am further willing to bet that you love every minute of it. 
Yes, they lead me a merry dance. And yes, I love every minute of it.

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Freya hoards q-tips. She'll actually go diving into the bathroom trashcan to hunt for them. And Zelda has evidently decided to devote herself to a life of crime. She's stolen my keys and been caught red-pawed trying to make off with my glasses. She also hoards her toys and hides them in weird places. Like inside my shoes.

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Freya hoards q-tips. She'll actually go diving into the bathroom trashcan to hunt for them. And Zelda has evidently decided to devote herself to a life of crime. She's stolen my keys and been caught red-pawed trying to make off with my glasses. She also hoards her toys and hides them in weird places. Like inside my shoes.
I was putting on my shoes the other morning and one shoe didn't fit quite right. I shook it, but nothing came out so I reached down in to the toe and brought out the perfectly round oak gall I had found and brought in for miss Mooni to play with. I find that  her intelligent, but very aggressive, behavior is better when she has lots of new toys all the time, so I find and bring in acorns and anything else that seems to be fun. She likes to carry them around in her mouth and I think this was one of the times, because there is no other way it could get in there! I had to laugh hard at that one.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky, all of his 16 years (even earlier this year, before he got sick) would get a wild hair about him and just race back and forth the entire length of the house, two or three times. He'd get to one end, stop and look confused, the turn around and run to the other end. No reason at all. And I especially loved it when he was older. It's part of why I so often called him my Kitten Cat. He acted so young pretty much his whole life.

Lucky, and now the kittens (Oscar and Oliver) are all Pavlov's Cats. When Sara first had to start taking her hyper-t meds, she got it in a pill pocket. Of course Lucky (pre-kittens) insisted that he get one too. After awhile, the moment he heard the pill bottle, he came running knowing he'd be getting a treat soon. Now that he's gone, the kittens seemed to have picked up on that "Pavlov's Cat" thing. Oh, they always came by when the pill pockets were being given out, but that was when I opened the package. Now, they come running the moment I start opening the pills.

Ironically enough, they know the difference between opening Sara's pill bottles and my own pill bottles. The kittens do, I should say. Lucky came running for almost any sound he thought would end up with him getting a treat.