"What are you doing" thread

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Do you need glass or plastic jars? If glass, try the canning section in your grocery store or a hardware store (I know that Wegman's grocery stores carry them them year-round, at least here in PA). I've bought very small glass canning jars, but I think they'd be way too small for your lemons. However, they range anywhere from 1/2 pint to quart in size.
Thanks! I didn't even think to look in grocery stores.. I will check!

By the way, I miss Wegmans!! (I used to live in PA)

Today I am a mess of conflicts in my head, mainly about the neighborhood kitty, Mister. He's hanging in the backyard and Genever's.. I can't tell now if she is happy or unhappy about it right now. I think she's a bit upset, probably picking up on me being upset.

So I am making crescent rolls now that I forgot to make for dinner yesterday. Duh. And I MUST do schoolwork today! Paper due on Friday morning! Group project stuff due Monday evening! And other crap in between.... big bad sigh.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! But right now I'm talking about today. I did some Black Friday shopping at the mall this morning, will be going to the Christmas parade later, and after that, I might go and see the Christmas tree lighting.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well we opted for wine instead of rum. Currently drinking some merlot... It's pretty gross but it was cheap.
Goodness, how pathetic is that?

Just came from a bubble bath. NOTHING more relaxing than a good bubble bath. I used some of the pomegranet bath salts I bought last weekend. Now we're curled up on the couch listening to the Sea Dogs game, before trying out a few series I was told to check out at work today.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The baby is asleep, so I'm about to get on with some study. I'm currently reading about homeostasis
Maybe I'll get another cup of tea and some chocolate cake first...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a break from decorating for a few minutes to rest!
My sister and her kids came over earlier to pick up my nephew (he spent the last few nights with me). They brought my niece's new puppy with them so I could start socializing him with my furbabies, so we had fun with all of them!
(I need to post pictures; the puppy is way too adorable!). They all helped me get out some of my Christmas decorations while they were here so I could start decorating, so now my apartment is a work in progress!

I like to go all "Griswald" on my Christmas trees (I light the branches all the way back to create more visual depth), so I'm now out of lights and waiting for Jack to bring some more over so I can finish strining the lights and decorating

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm sitting here typing away while keeping a close eye on Lynxx. At the moment he doesn't seem to want to be patted or even talked to so I'm leaving him alone. He's been hissing a lot today. I think he's just very worn out from the tube feeding surgery, the procedure to see if he had cancer, and all the vet visits. This past week we've been to the vets 4 different times with him.

We did stop and get this really cute tent with tunnels attached to it for Luna and Midnight for Christmas. It's for kids, but the kittens would love it. I think even Lynxx will love it when he recovers. We're either going to set it up in my room which I don't think is big enough, or in the living room when the Christmas tree comes down. I can't wait to see them in it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to make myself sleepy so I can go to sleep ....it's not working at all though!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relaxing after spending time at my friend's house doing a turkey shoot (in a cute new sweater from Kohl's and my fuzzy boots
), went inside and showed off on the pole with her for everyone, taught a couple guys some tricks after a few drinks.

I already know my arms are gonna kill me in the morning, but at the time, post-drinks, they felt nice and loose and stretched

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend I got around to making out some of my Christmas cards, I hate waiting till the last minute. I had been to the post office a couple of days ago and bought the holiday stamps and also another book of the animal rescue stamps. Of course I won't mail them out yet since it's a little too soon.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just lazing in bed it's almost 11am here but I was at work until midnight. I have fed one cat and topped up one water bowl - so need to get moving and feed some more cats

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sitting here snacking on some leftover pizza from dinner earlier. I got a medium pizza because I wanted leftovers, and ended up eating 5 of the 8 pieces at dinner I was so hungry

Watched the Crazies (2010 version) a little while ago. Trying to make myself do some school work, but as the semester winds down, I want to do it less and less

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to get a strand of tree lights to work!
I hate tree lights!!! I decided to take a breather and will go back to them shortly. *sigh*

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i am chilling out...I went and go my nails down with a friend this morning

then I came home and cleaned a little and pulled out the christmas decorations.

I set up my tree but haven't decorated yet since DH wants to help and he is sleeping right now.

set up the nativity and the menorah then took a break. So I am watching Star Wars and trying to get rid of this cough I have had for a week now...

my mom and sister want me to go to the doctor and have it looked at they are worried I have walking pneumonia... I am just rolling my eyes at them...since I feel fine otherwise.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm scouring the apartment for the remote to my tv!! Last night I wrapped Christmas presents and got a package together to mail out; now, I can't find the remote to my tv...ANYWHERE!!! I REALLY hope I didn't put that in the box I'm mailing out!

I'm also a little frustrated that I can't get my tv off the "tv guide network"!!!

**Edit- I found it!! It somehow managed to get tucked into the bottom of the slipcover on my loveseat!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im at work in the lab but have been messing with my computer all day. I finally decided to take the time to upgrade to windows 7 on Friday, and issues all weekend (backups crashing etc) have me still only partially through that process. So, still running Vista, but finally do have everything backed up.

Word to the wise: Windows Easy Transfer is the slowest program ever and unless you literally have 2 days to leave your computer running without being used - avoid at all costs!!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just chilling out on the net. Finally our internet speed is back to being fast, because we are on a 20GB plan and my flatmates always use that in the first week of the month.

I'm spending lots of time with the kitties today before I go back to work and I'm just about to go to the shops and get the rest of the ingredients for my lunch. Salmon, avocado, grated cheese, cream cheese and tomato on toast...MMMMM MMM.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am finished working on mypaper for today, I'm about halfway done, which is pretty good since it's only a 5-7 page paper.

Time now for a little couch potato time..

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing some school work and finding Hoshi to be incredibly cute napping on hubby's hoodie across from me

I have 2 tests and 2 finals coming up and then I'm done for fall semester. Spring is going to be worse
But looking forward to my upcoming science courses

Trying to keep my eyes open for a little while longer, but I've felt mentally and emotionally drained the entire day and it's definitely kept me tired.

Also found out a little while ago my BIL and his ex-wife re-friended on FB around Thanksgiving. Hopefully it isn't her trying to creep back in and ruin his life again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of us doing school work tonight! I am finishing a book that I'm supposed to write a report for tomorrow. It's 6-10 page report so it will not be fun to write all in one day