"What are you doing" thread

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm super bored right now, and I decided to start this thread

I feel like sometimes there aren't enough thread worthy topics, but it's still fun to chat about randomness with TCS people

And maybe this thread can be something like a place for that. So I would love to hear people update us on what they're doing in their daily lives, it can be anything from what you're doing at the moment to what you're super excited about doing in the future, or what you did through an entire day!! So please share!!
I hope people join in and enjoy this...I think it can even be a fun way for us to even get to know each other a little better by learning about what goes on in our daily lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I will start!! Right now I'm in bed but I can't sleep and I am frantically searching for a way to be entertained

I've made a shopping list for when I go on my trip to Bulgaria in December, the shopping list is for the duty free area of the airport actually....I'm such a shopaholic,

And soon I am about to start reading my book, hopefully I'll finish it tonight and I'm exciting to just get through this series quickly and start a new series.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I just got home from work and it's 5pm here. This is actually the first week of the "rest of my life". I completed my degree two weeks ago and had last week off because I had cats due to have kittens so this is my first week working 40 hours

I've just finished weighing my 5 baby kittens - 4 of them are 5 days old today and 1 is 6 days old. i'm going to chill on here for a bit longer and then I might get around to doing some chores

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am STUFFED with Thanksgiving dinner and dessert, about ready to fall asleep. Holland is laying by me, I gave her a treat of turkey and gravy this afternoon.

In my daily life, I work tomorrow at Ross, where I took a cashier job for the holidays because I've been unemployed for a reaaaalllly long time. BUT - I finally landed a "real" job (i.e. in my field, full time, and salaried) that I start on Monday. I'm super excited, but a little nervous, because I was laid off of my last job, which was working with my sister at her home-based business since 2004, so it's been a good 6 years since I've worked in an actual office. I'm looking forward to and nervous about getting back into the dynamics of working with a multitude of people, but like I said it's my field (accounting) and my passion (non-profit - United Cerebral Palsy).

The sad part is that I've been unemployed for the most part since I adopted Holland two years ago (told you it was a long time...
) and I hate the thought of leaving her alone for 9-10 hours a day. The good news is that since I'm employed, my goal of adopting her a brother or sister will be within the realm of possibility with a regular paycheck.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Hi!

I just got home from work and it's 5pm here. This is actually the first week of the "rest of my life". I completed my degree two weeks ago and had last week off because I had cats due to have kittens so this is my first week working 40 hours

I've just finished weighing my 5 baby kittens - 4 of them are 5 days old today and 1 is 6 days old. i'm going to chill on here for a bit longer and then I might get around to doing some chores
Congratulations
That sounds awesome! I hope you've enjoyed your first week!
The first time I worked for 40 hours in a week was sooo tiring for me (it was the end of May earlier this year). The first day in fact, I came home and went straight to sleep, I had been soooo anxious throughout the entire day and when I got some peace and quiet I just crashed
It didn't take long to get used to it though..

Mystik Spiral- good luck on your new job!! I'm sure Holland will be okay, I know how it is to leave a kitty alone for such a long time though, i feel that way about Jake sometimes...and he is an "only child" too.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Congratulations
That sounds awesome! I hope you've enjoyed your first week!
The first time I worked for 40 hours in a week was sooo tiring for me (it was the end of May earlier this year). The first day in fact, I came home and went straight to sleep, I had been soooo anxious throughout the entire day and when I got some peace and quiet I just crashed
It didn't take long to get used to it though..

Mystik Spiral- good luck on your new job!! I'm sure Holland will be okay, I know how it is to leave a kitty alone for such a long time though, i feel that way about Jake sometimes...and he is an "only child" too.
That's good to hear it doesn't take long to get used to it
and thank you for the congratulations! how long do you have left of your study?

How long has it been since you've been back to Bulgaria?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
played lets go see the ppl waiting in line for toys r us to open...

that was a good way to talk husband out of the I want to go to big lots at opening time phase:S

I HATE SHOPPING(petsmarts not shopping in my book tho
!

Got to take care of few things for cats(If I log out of here) then sleeping.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, yes, I had an exciting day, LOL! I've spent from 8AM to 11PM cleaning. I woke up with a stomach thing, so it slowed me down today. Then, I had a bad case of the runs, flushed the toilet, and it overflowed onto the floor--disgusting. Marge peed on something she wasn't supposed to twice today. Loki and Marge were fighting all day, and I had to keep yelling at Loki. DH was visiting his Dad (his Mom had to work, hence no Thanksgiving celebration, and I stayed home to clean for our Xmas on Saturday).

I didn't get Xmas gift wrapping done, as I had planned, nor any baking. Saturday is our Xmas this year, so I have a lot to do, plus a workman is coming tomorrow, all day, so I had to clean today.

To sum it up: I did 3 loads of laundry, got sick, fed the cats, cleaned their litter boxes in the garage, swept the garage, washed the boxes, bagged them up, cleaned 12 rooms, moved furniture, scubbed toilet mess off the toilet and the floor, washed dishes, baked creamed onions for Saturday, fed the cats again, discovered that the cats have been using the realistic "bark" on the Xmas tree trunk as a scratching post, watched Hitler invade Poland twice (History Channel), and learned how to murder my kids and husband 10 times (Discovery I.D.)! :-)

Time for bed!!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day with family, food, and cleaning. Then napping.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, right now I am not sleeping at 1:40AM... no, not up early for black friday, I don't do that stuff, justu again from about a half hour of sleep so far. Headache and whatnot. Thnksgiving was great in our house, with 3 freind over including Genever's Uncle Scott. Lots of food and good beer was had.

As for recent stuff, a lot of school work. Accounting and business law, and i have to decide very soon whether to pursue accounting or paralegal stuff for when i enroll in classes for next semester in a few days. I'm thinking accounting (i may email you for some advice, MystikSpiral). Law seems too... personal? I don't know.

Anyway this weekend i plan to get caught up on school stuff and continue making xmas gifts.

Anyone know where i can get small-ish jars, like small jelly jar size? I want to make preserved lemons, but in small containers so they're not too heavy to ship, and also herb salts. This is a year of mostly low-cost homemade gifts for me.

I guess i should try to fall asleep. But Genever is on my lap here, and i hate to wake her..
Maybe i'll just move us to the sofa... fun stuff here in the LBC.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm sitting watching crappy morning tv and getting ready for work even though I don't start till 2pm lol

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like jabbering at people just not involving the people in my contact list on my phone. LOL.

Im finally got some mojo back to work on crocheting projects so I got two finished yesterday that have been sitting since Sept. Started another one for my nephew that is in the same colors as the baby blanket I made for him. I just need to figure out how to cross stitch a skull and crossbones onto the front of it..If I cant figure that out then Ill do his name on it. Im waiting and hoping that this weekend I get the yarn for some stockings Ive got to make last minute for family members. Thats all fine and dandy but I wish they would have thought of this in the beginning of Nov rather than the end.

Hmm lets see its Friday so pay day Ive got 2 bills to pay this week and then Im going to squeeze out the money I want for new pillows and the brown plaid bed set I saw at WalMart. The comforter matches the flannel sheets we have for winter but has the nice cool sheets that are perfect for summer. It may be a year round bed set. Also Bf needs a new lunch box since I got mad at his this morning and almost thru it out. He needs one that is bigger and not nylon.

Oh and I am playing catch up with ANTM today since I didnt watch it yesterday. Woohoo fun fun fun day for me. LOL

Trust me all that Im doing today will take up 2 hours MAYBE if Im lucky and procrastinate enough......I lead such a boring life LOL

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Well, right now I am not sleeping at 1:40AM... no, not up early for black friday, I don't do that stuff, justu again from about a half hour of sleep so far. Headache and whatnot. Thnksgiving was great in our house, with 3 freind over including Genever's Uncle Scott. Lots of food and good beer was had.

As for recent stuff, a lot of school work. Accounting and business law, and i have to decide very soon whether to pursue accounting or paralegal stuff for when i enroll in classes for next semester in a few days. I'm thinking accounting (i may email you for some advice, MystikSpiral). Law seems too... personal? I don't know.

Anyway this weekend i plan to get caught up on school stuff and continue making xmas gifts.

Anyone know where i can get small-ish jars, like small jelly jar size? I want to make preserved lemons, but in small containers so they're not too heavy to ship, and also herb salts. This is a year of mostly low-cost homemade gifts for me.

I guess i should try to fall asleep. But Genever is on my lap here, and i hate to wake her..
Maybe i'll just move us to the sofa... fun stuff here in the LBC.
Do you need glass or plastic jars? If glass, try the canning section in your grocery store or a hardware store (I know that Wegman's grocery stores carry them them year-round, at least here in PA). I've bought very small glass canning jars, but I think they'd be way too small for your lemons. However, they range anywhere from 1/2 pint to quart in size.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now I am wasting time at work. It's really, really slow, and I just want the weekend to start. I want to have numerous alcoholic beverages, and just kind of forget everything right now.

I've been kind of down lately, with everything going on with my family and Christmas coming up, then yesterday with bringing Surprise to the shelter... My heart has been hurting. I'm trying to keep my chin up...
Thank goodness for Dana. He really IS my rock.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my hubby and good friend cooked Thanksgiving dinner yesterday....I told them I'd clean up today....WHAT WAS I THINKING?...I think this will be an all day thing, lol!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
right this moment I'm wishing my pain level would drop so I could manage some sleep
I just started getting used to the weather, then it decides to be all screwy, go warm, then colder than it has been, rainy, n just bleh.

Yup, I am whining. I try not to, because I KNOW there are ppl with way worse situations than mine. But usually after more than 2 really high pain days, I start to feel depressed, wishing it would end already (the elevated pain levels), but at the same time I am thankful that I know there is an end, I just don't know when. For some ppl there is no end, it's not just a flare up like I have, its what they go through every single day. My
goes out to them.

K, whine over. I need to focus on the positives. It WILL end at some point, and I WILL get some sleep sometime.

I am hoping that this afternoon I can manage a quick run to walmart to pick up some cards cuz I ran out and am not done my xmas cards, and some gift wrap.

Writing out cards and wrapping gifts for others hurts me physically, but creates more positives, so it outweighs the added pain level. I'm happy when I'm giving to others, so hopefully a walmart run and some wrapping will help my mood

I'm going to watch a little boring tv and hope I can get positioned so I can have a snooze

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ate a post-Thanksgiving breakfast of leftovers. About to finish getting dressed to go hit Petsmart and browse some other stores for BF sales. Also have to remember to buy my brother a bday card, since his birthday is on Sunday.

I keep thinking it's Sunday already though

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We got back from Black Friday shopping. DH is napping; he and my brother will be going to the high school play-off football game tonight. And while they're gone, I'm going to put our living room Christmas tree together. And maybe get out a few holiday decorations.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

That's good to hear it doesn't take long to get used to it
and thank you for the congratulations! how long do you have left of your study?

How long has it been since you've been back to Bulgaria?
I was last there in May 2009, but only for a week now I will be staying three full weeks! I have a semester left, exciting and scary

I said before in the daily question thread that I hate black friday shopping BUT I went today at 3 am
i didn't have any big purchases, just had nothing better to do at 3 am than go shopping. I bought some christmas gifts- toys for my little cousins, and I was trying to buy some clothes for myself, I went to American Eagle for jeans, but they had no sales at all on their jeans..I browsed the entire mall, went to Macy's and didn't really pick any jeans there either, and I also wanted some sweaters. I find that as I get older I'm really drawn to higher quality fabrics and less sparkly things...So, the clothes from the juniors sections and from places like forever 21 just look cheapy to me lately. So, I'm kind of not sure where to shop at this point. I don't want to pay crazy amounts of $ for designer clothes but I want them so bad
So yea...after my nap I'm ready to go shopping again soon. I'll probably go to TJ Maxx.