What are you craving??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomato pie. :yummy:   (No that is not pizza and no it is nothing like apple pie either. :lol3: )
I am intrigued. Australia has lots of savoury pies but I've never heard of tomato pie. Ive been craving hot cross buns so I've been eating them and yesterday I craved mushrooms so I had them for dinner.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Still pizza. :nod:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A jalapeno cheddar bagel from a shop near one of my old jobs.  They are only open in the morning till early afternoon and I'm never in that area anymore.
Originally Posted by Tammat  

I am intrigued. Australia has lots of savoury pies but I've never heard of tomato pie. Ive been craving hot cross buns so I've been eating them and yesterday I craved mushrooms so I had them for dinner.
I will take a picture the next time I get the real deal while I visit my family.  I did a quick google but some people out there want to call it a type of pizza.
  Similar ingredients; but different outcomes.  Not the same thing; at least not where I'm from!  Tomato pie is a thick crust (somewhat along the lines of foccia bread; but not...lol) with a crushed tomato type sauce and a sprinkle of pecorino romano on top.  It's served room temperature.  It's often square in shape with a nice chewy crust like some pizzas; but it's still not pizza...no mozzarella, no toppings, not heated...etc.  I'm pretty sure every kid in my family has teethed on that crust for generations.

misssweetkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Planet Slamon (salmon and sleep) (I travel there a
Originally Posted by cat nap  

Quote:

Originally Posted by peaches08  

But last week you said salad.   So now I am craving iceberg lettuce with some italian pesto and parmesan salad dressing.
Now I'm craving salad.

LOL....

I am just saying that @MissSweetKitty    started it....and that's the story.  
LOL... I finally got some lettuce and some spinach this past week, so now I'm not craving it anymore since I have it. I was just hungry when I posted that and didn't have any certain food in mind. 
 And I'm sorry to those of you who are now craving salad. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL... I finally got some lettuce and some spinach this past week, so now I'm not craving it anymore since I have it. I was just hungry when I posted that and didn't have any certain food in mind. 
 And I'm sorry to those of you who are now craving salad. 

LOL....okay....no more salad.....today its sandwich bar ice cream.....how bad is that?....I would much rather crave carrots or celery with kraft dip.....but I am not feeling it today.   (Don't be sorry, I would be healthier if I craved some spinach, too.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL....okay....no more salad.....today its sandwich bar ice cream.....how bad is that?....I would much rather crave carrots or celery with kraft dip.....but I am not feeling it today.   (Don't be sorry, I would be healthier if I craved some spinach, too.)

Now I am craving carrots and celery with dip. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mars bars. Just mars bars.
I haven't had any since I said I was stopping earing them. Oy!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm back to wanting a cupcake. :nod:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter has arrived here today, it's raining, it's dull and it's cold. I would love chocolate self saucing pudding with lots of cream. :yummy:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter has arrived here today, it's raining, it's dull and it's cold. I would love chocolate self saucing pudding with lots of cream.
I forgot that when we have summer, you have winter.  Well, its actually Spring here, so I am a bit off. 

But at least you don't get snow, right?

(I am craving a hot chocolate drink now, too, but will stick with green tea...decaf)

"Self saucing pudding"?  I looked it up, online. It sounds delicious.
  very rich.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I still can't get past the cupcake. :dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.