What are you craving??

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Craving Japanese Hibachi...at 7:15am lol! I could have it for every meal and never grow tired of it!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's mom made hot cross buns a couple weeks ago. They were good. It took me a while to like hot cross buns; I'm not particularly fond of the candied fruit in them, I guess. But she's always made them and she always give us some.

I'm thinking about that coconut cake now. (I never did get the dish of ice cream that I wanted. I never did get the chocolate marshmallow milk shake with chopped peanuts that I wanted. And I never did get the margarita that I wanted.) I know I'm getting that cake tomorrow, by golly!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza....Mexican food....a hamburger.....a cupcake......french fries. The life of a pregnant woman, I just can't decide. I was outside playing with Aimee earlier and talking to my neighbour and her son kept saying pizza so that made me want pizza. The dinner thread made me want Mexican. I have been craving these cupcakes for about 2 weeks but I was waiting for Easter to make them. I will be making them tomorrow. http://www.handletheheat.com/2014/03/cheesecake-stuffed-chocolate-cupcakes.html
OMG. Dribble drool. Love to know how they come out. Too complicated for me.
I made a spice cake today where all the ingredients are dumped into the bowl beaten and baked.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick's mom made hot cross buns a couple weeks ago. They were good. It took me a while to like hot cross buns; I'm not particularly fond of the candied fruit in them, I guess. But she's always made them and she always give us some.
I'm thinking about that coconut cake now. (I never did get the dish of ice cream that I wanted. I never did get the chocolate marshmallow milk shake with chopped peanuts that I wanted. And I never did get the margarita that I wanted.) I know I'm getting that cake tomorrow, by golly!
What coconut cake?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small bag of Ferrero hazelnut Easter Eggs. I want to try them badly but I'm going to do a workout first. 5 hours to go!!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG. Dribble drool. Love to know how they come out. Too complicated for me.
I made a spice cake today where all the ingredients are dumped into the bowl beaten and baked.
They are a little bit dry. I think I baked them for a couple minutes too long. I tested them at 20 minues and they weren't done yet so I gave them about 4 minutes and I think they really only needed 1 or 2. They do taste good though. They are actually not complicated at all, it just seems like it. It's just a basic batter and a few other things for the cheesecake part.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe if you'd left them in the oven bit switched it off that would have been better. I did that with my spice cake.
Still I bet they're good

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What coconut cake?
I dearly love a white coconut cake. It must be in layers and there must be a ton of coconut on the cake. There must be seven-minute frosting, also known as white mountain frosting, which is made in a double boiler and then whipped and whipped for seven minutes....hence the name "seven minute frosting". It's also called "white mountain frosting" because you can make the most gorgeous huge peaks of frosting on top of the cake. I ordered a cake from a local restaurant and bakery for part of our Easter dinner dessert. 

I am craving that coconut cake!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah. I thought you were going to bake it. I'm useless at layers and not much better at frostings.
Have a good easter. We're still in the middle of the passover munching calorie laden matzas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Coconut cake does sound pretty good right about now. :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.