What are you cooking tonight?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of tomatoes, I can't wait till Spring gets here so I can plant my garden.......NOTHING like fresh tomaters out of the garden!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Speaking of tomatoes, I can't wait till Spring gets here so I can plant my garden.......NOTHING like fresh tomaters out of the garden!
I like to eat tomatoes sliced with a little salt sprinkled on 'em yum-o!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight hubby made beef kebabs with aubergine and onion and served it with a low fat natural yoghurt dip that he made with seasoning, cucumber and mint leaves. Yummy!! It was gorgeous.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making baked ravioli with basil pesto and marinara served with salad and garlic bread.
While I was at the store purchasing my groceries, the lady in front of me in checkout bought 2 dozen cans of tuna
and a HUGE box of powdered milk. I was thinking, "lucky cats" but then she asked the cashier if they were selling this stuff alot b/c she saw on Good Morning America that we should quit eating chicken and drinking cow's milk.

My guess is b/c of the bird flu and mad cow disease. Did anyone else see this on tv?

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that excpet for the meatloaf people, everyone is having somethign different!
Tonight Im making potato and cheese perogies...dont know what else Ill have with, I might just eat extra perogies!!! (I live alone so its somewhat of an excuse!)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

I love that excpet for the meatloaf people, everyone is having somethign different!
Tonight Im making potato and cheese perogies...dont know what else Ill have with, I might just eat extra perogies!!! (I live alone so its somewhat of an excuse!)
Yummy yummy yummy!! I'll take some please!!!

Well, since it got put off too late tonight, we're NOT haing a smoked picnic.
So that leaves either Chili or Hamburger or Tuna Helper! I'm opting for the chili but as long as I don' have to cook, I'll eat anything. I cooked Pork Loin last night with green beans, mashed potatos, and garlic toast.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a big thread. Who doesn't wish they were invited to some of these dinners?
I still haven't eaten yet. Tonight I'm having some leftover steamed beef with szechuan pickle. It's good leftover though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

What a big thread. Who doesn't wish they were invited to some of these dinners?
I still haven't eaten yet. Tonight I'm having some leftover steamed beef with szechuan pickle. It's good leftover though.
A WHAT pickle!?!! Never heard of it....

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

A WHAT pickle!?!! Never heard of it....
It's also known as a Chinese preserved vegetable. It has a similar texture to a regular pickle. It's really good.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Tonight I'll be making either chicken and dumplings, which has carrots and celery in it, or chicken and noodles, which does not. I can't decide yet, but the chicken is stewing.
Okay, this actually turned out to be a lie because I worked late and didn't have time to do it. So we had sandwiches. But they were pretty good: homemade bread, deli smoked turkey, cucumber slices, green leaf lettuce, bacon, red onion, mayo, s & p ...

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to make pigs in a blanket but I got home too late so I went to Culver's...
I'll make them tomorrow!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we were going to have hamburgers, but I ended up working late, so I had cereal and toast
I think John had some leftovers that were in the fridge

Maybe I'll cook tomorrow night!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ok I'll trust you on that one...
You'll have to, because when I googled for a photo, the only one I found looked like lumps of pooh!
Of course, they're nothing like that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You'll have to, because when I googled for a photo, the only one I found looked like lumps of pooh!
Thank you for not sharing that! I'll try most anything (food wise) once, but I don't think lumps of poo looking stuff qualifies for my 'most anything' category!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you for not sharing that! I'll try most anything (food wise) once, but I don't think lumps of poo looking stuff qualifies for my 'most anything' category!
I shouldn't have said that. Now I have to defend it.
It was only the photo that made them look that way. It's from a restaurant style recipe I learned in a cooking course. It's really simple and delicious.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Boy, that sounds REALLY appetizing!

Good description Wyan!