What are the best and worst concerts you've seen?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what was the best. I've been to quite a few. There's 5 particular ones that really stick out though.
1. Dream Theater with Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, and 3.
2. Dream Theater with Queensryche
3. Megadeth's Gigantour 2005
4. Joe Satriani's G3 2007
5. Rob Zombie with Ozzy Osbourne.

The worst one was one I was playing in. Me and my former band were playing at a local club and everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Our lead vocalist had a cold and sounded horrible, rhythm guitarist broke a string, drummer broke his kick pedal for the bass drum half way through a song, etc.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I was talking to my sister who is my concert companion. She made me remember more concerts. I know I am choosing alot of "bests" but I have seen alot of really good concerts. So a few additions if you don't mind....

Radiohead I cannot believe I forgot to mention them earlier! Best, best, concert.
I think I forgot because quite honestly it was so unbelievable, like an out of body experiance. It was an outdoor venue, so you could see the clear sky with all the stars as they were playing. It was so atmospheric. They are one of my favorite bands! It was such a good experiance.

B52's You would think that these older bands are just going out for the money and only give a half performance. If these guys were just going out for the money you wouldn't know it. It was such a good show. Energy, and their voices were sounding great. It was a smaller venue so it was like a huge party, everyone dancing. It was awesome!
The B52's are playing here in NZ shortly. I was tempted to go but I'm just too broke!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was so much fun.
Too bad you are broke. It was a party for sure. But there may be other chances.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best was the Rolling Stones, ca. 1990. They sold out the Coton Bowl three nights in a row. The worst was Niel Young smashing his guitar to bits at the end of the show.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best concert was last year, Carrie Underwood. Fantastic concert, greats seats for the price (free, won them) and they were not in the nose bleed section.

Miami Sound Machine in the 80's. Horrible seats but great concert. LOL Won those tickets too along with the party bus trip down to L.A.

Gary Wright in the 70's. Good opening band. Gary was great too. I have always loved "Dream Weaver" Didn't have seats since I was in the area where you stand right in front of the stage. One the our party was in a wheelchair, so we got in early. I leaned my arms against the stage the whole time!

Worst.concert.ever I am ashamed to admit. It was the Bay City Rollers in the 70's. Drove down with friends and stayed in a motel within walking distance. Couldn't understand a word they sang. Was very disappointed as I liked their albums. Lost interest soon after.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

It was so much fun.
Too bad you are broke. It was a party for sure. But there may be other chances.
I hope so!

I've been to two concerts - Snoop Dogg was my first concert in 2006 (I was 16)

Chris Brown & Rhianna in 2008

I loved them both - I've seen lots of kiwi bands but those were my big 2 American ones!