weight loss get fit challenge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vitamins have green tea in them and I drink about 2 cups a day... I went through a phase in the summer of drinking these frozen slushy drinks that used green tea instead of water but they don't make them anymore

Its still raining here so no going out really... don't want to get sick AGAIN and bronchitis is still going around at work, so I don't feel like cooking in the shared kitchen so its just been sandwich and a salad for me lately

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried some green tea vitamins last year (multi vitamins for weightloss) and they made me nauseous. One of the ladies I work with said that her green tea pills did the same thing, until she started eating something with them.

For the green tea diet, do you just drink more green tea or do you have to do something else with it as well? I've never heard of it.

Kaleetha: Are you getting enough iron? I get really dragged down if I don't eat enough red meat or take suppliments. Did you go from no working out to working out constantly? I've heard it's hard on the body if you do...maybe it really is going through some exercise adjustments. Just some thoughts.

Well, I'm out of town right now, visiting one of my best friends. Been doing ok with eating though, especially since she's cutting back on fats and calories too. Thinking I'm going to ask her if she wants to go to IKEA today to walk around since its..."slushing" outside

to all of us! we're all doing great!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sylorna said:
Kaleetha: Are you getting enough iron? I get really dragged down if I don't eat enough red meat or take suppliments. Did you go from no working out to working out constantly? I've heard it's hard on the body if you do...maybe it really is going through some exercise adjustments. Just some thoughts.
That's exactly what I did. You might be right about the iron... I've been trying to take vitamins but I'm notoriously bad at remembering to do that. I'll go look for supplements. Thank you!

If people like green tea I suggest Twinings Green Tea with Jasmine... yum......although be careful because green teas make you loose lots of water and doesn't increase the metabolic rate that much (only by 3-6 percent).

The s/o used to work with Cortaslim, which had green tea in it.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo! I worked out hard yesterday! I walked 4 miles!
So that earned me a tasty Subway sandwich! Today is a pilates day... these are NOT my favorite. They always make me sore! But I have lost the 1 1/2 pounds iI thought I gainded when I weighed yesterday( I couldnt resist weighing today too!) and an additional pound!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a "surprise! it's that bad for you" day. I did pretty well for the most part yesterday, even got that walk through IKEA (although I didn't spend anything and am kinda ashamed of that
). Then we got home and had a nice beef sirfry with lots of veggies. My friend offered me this little cake thing that she got at IKEA and I ate it without checking the nutritional content. HOLY COW! the dang thing was over 500 calories and 15 grams of fat!! I didn't know they could pack so much into a 2" by 1" by 1" cube!! Needless to say I'm not doing that again, but I'm glad she likes em. Tonights dessert (one or two s's?) is mango sherbert...mmmmmmmm

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by chelle

I'm on the Green Tea diet...I drink up to 6 cups a day.
I've been on it since September and i have lost a total of 25 pounds
so far
I have about 30 more lbs to go
Do you eat aswell? Thats a really good amount to have lost. What is green tea actually supposed to do for you? I bought some but I wasn't sure why...

I've got a tip for everyone. Chew chewing gum. I've done it since Monday, all day and I havent snacked at all while I've been at work which is my major downfall. It makes everything else taste disgusting and it gives your mouth something to do.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the gum trick too. After i eat something yummy and there is more left that i know i shouldnt eat. Big Red takes the taste right out of my mouth.
That and i drink a bgi glass of water before i eat so i dont eat as much!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So is the moon... I've lost all momentum. It's kind of a bad week though, so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things soon.

How is everyone else?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'll join up with all of you on this thread.

My goals are to:

Go to the gym regularly -- cardio 5x/week, strength training 3x/week
Count calories -- vary from 1200-1400/day
Restrict junk food -- Coke and sweets only once a week, and in small amounts
Lose 30 pounds by summer!

That's about it for now.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did terrible this weekend. i ate horrible things all weekend. i only ate a few veggies, broccoli and potatoes and carrots

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Do you eat aswell? Thats a really good amount to have lost. What is green tea actually supposed to do for you? I bought some but I wasn't sure why...

I've got a tip for everyone. Chew chewing gum. I've done it since Monday, all day and I havent snacked at all while I've been at work which is my major downfall. It makes everything else taste disgusting and it gives your mouth something to do.
I eat as i normally do
Green Tea contains ECGC and it enhances your
Metabalism,a natural fat burner..I also take One A Day Weight Smart
Vitamins which also contains ECGC

At first i hated that taste of green tea but as i kept drinking it,i
liked it alot more..I don't add anything to it otherwise it would
defeat the purpose lol

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been doing terrible on exercising, and so-so on eating. I'm eating lots more healthy choices, but still eating too much sugar, and unhealthy snacks.

This morning, I did use the ablounger, YAY! If I can slim my tummy down, I will look so much better! And so far I have eaten good today. I will eat an orange for my afternoon snack!

Lets keep it up, we can do it!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite my feeling ill today, i am staying all day at work and going to the track to walk a couple of miles. i have decided that for every 2 hours of exercise i do i will earn a trip to subway and i can have chips with my sandwich or salad. originally i had decided one hour but i think i need to work harder for my treat!
i am so sleepy!!! Hopefully a walk will wake me up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked to the polling station and back (via Tim Hortons and only got a tea - yay for me) that was my exercise for today... work was too hectic to get out at lunch with someone off sick

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In the past 9 months i have lost roughly 45lbs my only goal is to stop drinking coke i dont know if I can join???

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow

In the past 9 months i have lost roughly 45lbs my only goal is to stop drinking coke i dont know if I can join???
Of course! And tell us what you did! How inspirational!

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Of course! And tell us what you did! How inspirational!
Drank an energy drink for breakfast (multivitamins are hard for me to take), had ramen noodles for lunch (or the campbells soup at hand), and ate whatever for dinner, but I also work in a very fast paced environment