weight loss get fit challenge

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow

Drank an energy drink for breakfast (multivitamins are hard for me to take), had ramen noodles for lunch (or the campbells soup at hand), and ate whatever for dinner, but I also work in a very fast paced environment
And no snacking I suppose.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I drink a protein drink in the morning too, its chocolate flavour and its delicious. Since I've started taking it my nails have grown long and strong and my hair has gone so shiney. It helps because I'm vegetarian and don't get all my nutrients from meat. It also helps me last for longer at the gym.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I weighed myself today and have lost another pound and a half this week! In honour of my getting closer to my goals, and due to the fact that I have the day off I think I'm going to have an exercise day. It will get me even closer to that goal and I'll be able to "celebrate my body". Every step is a good one

You know...when I go out walking, it's one of the few times I wish I had a dog. Know of any "rent a pooch" services?

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Yay! I weighed myself today and have lost another pound and a half this week! In honour of my getting closer to my goals, and due to the fact that I have the day off I think I'm going to have an exercise day. It will get me even closer to that goal and I'll be able to "celebrate my body". Every step is a good one

You know...when I go out walking, it's one of the few times I wish I had a dog. Know of any "rent a pooch" services?
you can start a dog walking service..lol...and make some money while losing weight

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, for serious. I prefer shopping at Ikea over most things though

Here's a little quirk. My tredmill takes your weight into consideration when measuring your calories. It says that I burned 520 calories, walking at a 3 incline for 3 miles (an hour). Fitday says I've only burned 154 though, not taking any of that into account and wont let me insert a "custom" exercise.
I believe the tredmill.
but then, who wouldn't!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fitday says 484 for 1 hr of walking uphill at 3.5mph or 226 for 2.5mph (so 3mph would be 355mph I guess)... but I have the paid version with my weigh entered etc so perhaps thats why... I can also enter a custom exercise

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey,
How's everyone doing? I seem to be going down pretty consistanly, despite some bad eating this week (thank heavens). Getting back on the horse though. I'm almost comfortably down a size.
Going to go and paint my sisters kitchen today. Just wanted to know how you folks are doing.
Keep it up!
Jess

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a pizza place near me called Brooklyn's that makes the best New York Style pizza I've ever had outside my own kitchen... and for the past year or so, I've been eating there a little too often for my own good. A few days ago, I went over there with a good book and settled into a booth for a nice relaxing meal...

And a few hours later -- and for the next TWO DAYS -- I was SO SICK.

And now the very thought of Brooklyn's makes me shudder. So... that's one temptation that no longer tempts me! Woohoo! :-)

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

There's a pizza place near me called Brooklyn's that makes the best New York Style pizza I've ever had outside my own kitchen... and for the past year or so, I've been eating there a little too often for my own good. A few days ago, I went over there with a good book and settled into a booth for a nice relaxing meal...

And a few hours later -- and for the next TWO DAYS -- I was SO SICK.

And now the very thought of Brooklyn's makes me shudder. So... that's one temptation that no longer tempts me! Woohoo! :-)
Yeah, when you eat right and knock off the junk, then all of a sudden eat a bunch of junk, it'll upset your digestive system. Kind of like your body saying "what the ****" haha. But you live, you learn.

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody!

People are going WELL on here! Yay!!

I am not getting much of anywhere. But I am fitting more comfortably in my clothes now...they were getting a little tight there after christmas.

I've been doing the whole no-sugar thing for over a month now. I caved in and ate some egg rolls and dark chocolate chips on Tuesday night - and I was SO SICK when I woke up on Weds. morning. It wasn't digestive though...my sinuses were all clogged and I had a major headache! I don't think I can eat that stuff anymore. I really can't have anything with wheat in it or (and this is sad) chocolate. Fortunately, I like carob chips better.
I never thought I would be able to live without sugar or bread or all that stuff, but surprisingly I am doing great!

I am also not having "brain fog" or bingeing anymore. It's just that the things I eat are a bit more heavy now, and I need to adjust my portion sizes. I can do this....I can do this.......

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started Jan 1st and I have lost 12 pounds...and I have a lot more energy....I found a really good weight loss forum on 3fatchicks.com ....I know the name sounds weird but its a really good support system and a good way of tracking your weight loss. Also it's a pretty active forum like this one.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a really cool site! Think I'll take some time looking around there. There sure is a lot of information and it all seems reasonable!