Purraise
Tiggers had a blood test done today

Could get results tomorrow or wednesday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They phoned earlier today, but I missed the call and I can't get through now, been trying all afternoon once I got a phone signal back

i'm scared

vet said in the appointmemnt Tigger's heart is running too fast

she hadn't done much, she hadn't run around or anything just walking around the house a little bit and having a lie downs

she has to rest a lot and the vet said normally if its heart disease they only see it when its end stage

i'm scared she'll die and that'll mean Willow is left on her own as well cause if Tigger dies it'll be fatal for me as well

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
the vet said normally if its heart disease they only see it when its end stage
This may mean that the vets only diagnose it in the end stages as cat heart disease is very subtle and most people, including very good owners, do not have any idea what it going on. I don't think that she meant that it is the end for Tigger. Ask about medications which may help.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What else could cause her heart to run too fast, when she hasn't been active? i'm scared over this

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
For one thing, excitement or distress at being in the vet's office can increase heart rate. Hyperthyroidism or an arrhythmia can also cause this. Heart conditions are complicated, which does not always mean bad, but your vet needs to help work this out. It is not something that you can google and diagnose.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
vet said blood results show her potassium (spelling) is way down, its really low, they getting some suppliments (idk spelling) of it for her, liquid stuff, she might need to go into the hospital if the liquid doesn't work vet said

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm confused over what potassium even does now

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Am I a bad meowmy to her?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
\one day Ebony will want her sister back, please can I have her still for just two more years, please Ebony my sweetpea :(

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weirdly, since Tigger's lung infection, felix cat food (for some reason best known to Tigger's body) seems to make her lack of energy worse, and it looks like she threw up when she had felix, I'll be letting the vet know on monday when I go in again

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could the lung infection be causing her to get sensitive to some food? idk

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not feeling well in general can affect appetite in cats and humans.
For some reason the Felix food made her vomit a bit not last night but the night before, other brands (when she eats) she can hold down

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This may be a very good brand of food, so I am not saying that there was something wrong with it that caused the vomiting. Food changes, and various foods, can cause this.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This may be a very good brand of food, so I am not saying that there was something wrong with it that caused the vomiting. Food changes, and various foods, can cause this.
She's had felix before, she and Willow switch brands regularly as they get bored of brands and are like "NEXT"

Its literally just since the lung infection that she's started to have issues with food, she's on cat soup over the weekend (and gourmet cat food), I speaking with the vet on monday