Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fab work Kev!

Kate - I don't have any real advice except don't give up on yourself if you cheat occasionally. Different things work for different people. You have to find an exercise you enjoy or you probably won't keep it up. Good luck!

Creepy - sometimes snacking just sneaks up on you. I have mad sure that there isn't any unhealthy snack food in the house. I just have to be careful at work!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is awesome Kev!

Kate - you can do it!
We stopped being weight loss buddies - what happened??? Lets get back on track!

Last weekend I ate so many donuts - Krispy Kreme had a sale of 2 boxes for $6.
But surprisingly enough, I haven't gained any weight. Whew.

But somebody stop me! Well, stop Jake!

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, everyone is doing SO well!!! Congrats!!! I'm on day one (I tried once and gave up already
) I've got until September 2006 to lose 3 stone. I got (officially) engaged over Christmas and I don't want to be a chubby bride.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cooked a chicken last night, and was soooo tempted to tear a bit off and put it in my mouth while it was still hot!, did i ?, No, i had a couple of pickled onions instead which are free.

It did'nt taste the same, but i had no points left!!!

And congratulations on your engagement!

Susan

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am officially starting a weightloss plan! I also got engaged over the holidays and finally my finance and I decided to get serious about losing the few extra pounds we've gained in the last few years and hopefully maintain some of the healthier habits for good. It's a nice incentive to try and look your best for wedding photos and for the honeymoon!

We ended up buying the "Slim in 6" workout dvd/diet program from some infomercial he saw (don't laugh!) and we're hoping it will serve the purpose of motivating us to start and keeping us going for the first few months. Our immediate goal (by summer) is to lose a few pounds (about 15-20 lb each), and longterm it's to incorporate exercise into our daily lives for good. So officially we start the program on Monday as he is away on business till Sunday, but since we got the info yesterday I'm starting today!

Congrats to everyone who has been motivated to work at their goals and stuck with it! I admire you all and hope I can manifest the same drive and willpower in myself over the next 2 months!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Big Kat
<snip>

We ended up buying the "Slim in 6" workout dvd/diet program from some infomercial he saw (don't laugh!) and we're hoping it will serve the purpose of motivating us to start and keeping us going for the first few months.
Can't laugh much, my favorite workout video came from an infomercial for "The Firm "

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think this is a wonderful idea. I have been trying to lose weight for so long. I have had a weight problem my whole life, I was anorexic through middle school and high school, off and on, the last time was about the summer of 2002, and within the past 6 months I have gained 50 pounds. Quite a shock, and very hard on the body. A suggestion is join a group, for example my mother and I are going to join one that our medical service provides (kaiser). Thanks again for starting this!

P.S.-One of my cats could use this also.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not gonna weigh 'till next Thurs, give myself a week. I hope I do as well as all of you

CONGRATULATIONS

I did 5 miles on my exercise bike yesterday (It's so flat around here the exercise bike is harder work than the road!) and 10 miles today... I'm working up to 15 miles a day which should take me about 45 minutes. If that doesn't start to shift the weight NOTHING will!!!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since I started my diet a week and a half ago - have changed things quite a lot.
Now am having - 2 slices toast for breakfast
pasta - for snack around 10.30
lunch - slimfast shake
Dinner - normal meal - however, eliminated fatty stuff - sausages etc.
Am not having any alcohol - bar a small scotch every now and then.
However, I am getting some blinding headaches - three migraines now in the last 7 days and am shattered. Feel strange at times as if I can feel a pulse in the back of my head banging away. Almost feel distant from myself and the world is passing me and I am spaced out.
Do you think it has anything to do as am on the diet ?
Was fine when a little larger and felt nothing like this.

As a seperate thing - I went swimming today - swam for about 40 mins and enjoyed it - have not swam for years and will try and do it once a week for a while.

Kev
calling it a night again with another blistering headache - even though had a large dinner and a desert

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been getting headaches all week since I've been on my diet. I think its just the change your body has to get used to.

Are you following a regular diet or just trying to eat better on your own?

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
am following the slimfast diet up to a point -

K
wakes up - yet again,another violent headache

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
However, I am getting some blinding headaches - three migraines now in the last 7 days and am shattered
Are you drinking enough water? Last time I dieted I had the same problem, my mum, who's a nurse said I probably wasn't getting enough liquid. I drink about 10 glasses a day when I diet now and have no headaches...... only problem is I tend to spend an awful lot of time in the bathroom!!!!!!

Hope you sort it out soon

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
kev - i am asking around to find out why you are having headaches - when I get a reply, i will let you know.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok guys... I'm starting my work out on monday... half an hr on the mini stepper, no food after 8... lots of water and fruits... i'm trying to fix my timing to go to the gym... wish me luck guys... i'll be trying to send in my reports everyday on my progress to this thread.. hopefully this works...

Status
Not open for further replies.