Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went out and bought a scale this weekend. EEP! I'm scared to get on it, but I know that's the only way to really measure my progress. I've decided I'll weigh myself on Monday mornings. Maybe that will help boost my willpower over the weekends!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this has really dropped off the pages. How is everyone doing??

I've lost 3 pounds this week!
I know it's not a whole lot, but considering I had a pretty bad food week. We were both so busy this week that quick and easy was the order of food, which meant a couple fast food meals (I tried to be as good as possible - no Super Sized, grilled chicken.) Then we had a mini-vacation going up to the mountains to a hotel that we are designing the website for. It was WONDERFUL - so relaxing, but there were literally no good-for-you options there. So losing 3 pounds in spite of all that is really good, I think.
But I'm back on the WW program this week. Totally committed!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Heidi! Way to go!!!!!!

I haven't weighed myself this week, and I don't think I want to, I have been so bad!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sneaking in to say I'm back to following WW too. I did it a while back and lost almost 50 lbs- I've gained about 10 back since I haven't been following the program for almost a year

I don't own a scale , so for now its going to be blind faith and going by how my clothes fit.

I'm so disappointed in myself that I gained those 10 lbs back
Today is my first official day back on the program. I skipped my usual sugary cereal breakfast and went for a walk. I guess sometimes its that first step back in the right direction that is hardest.

Now that I'm off work for a few months with my leg problem- I'm so much more tempted to raid the cupboards. So, to curb that I didn't buy one single bit of junk food last grocery trip.

Heres to a new, and successful beginning

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by valanhb
Wow, this has really dropped off the pages. How is everyone doing??

I've lost 3 pounds this week!
Congratulations! My report is that I lost a lb. (which after several weeks of losing 1/4 to 1/2 lb. a week, is a nice improvement!) for a total of 58.4 lbs. now, and found I can fit into pants two sizes down from the baggy, baggy jeans I was wearing
Yay!

C'mon folks, this is the best time of year to post for support, recipes and tips for handling the holidays on plan, whatever plan you are following.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! This thread hasn't been updated in ages!
Hope all of your "losers" are doing good!

I thought I'd share my good news. I'm officially in size 10 pants now!
I'm thrilled about it too! I'm down to 163 pounds & I started at 201 (I think? It's been so long now & I've forgotten!).

I even took a couple pictures in the new outfits I bought for work today. I just can't believe that a size 10 fits! Actually they're a little big in the waist, but I've still got those thighs to worry about. I think once Christmas is over, I'll be starting to work out again. It's silly for me not to. It's completely free & it's right here in my apartment clubhouse. It's just that I'm lazy & tired when I get home from work. But darn it...I'm gonna do it! Starting on the 1st, I'm hitting the gym!

Here's those pictures I took tonight....

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, Shell, you look GREAT!!!

I have gone off of Atkins for the holidays, but so far haven't gained anything back yet. I'm trying not to overeat, but I want to be able to have some holiday treats if I feel like it. I'm at 150, and would still like to lose 10 pounds, but will get back to that after the holidays.

All of my clothes were way too big, so I went shopping and got a bunch of new ones - my pants and skirts are all size 8 or 10!!! I never thought I'd see an 8 again.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell you look mah-velous!

Well, I've been bad.
But, the good thing is that although I haven't lost any weight, I haven't gained anything either. I'm still trying to watch the portion size, but keeping track of points got off track. Another of those New Year's resolutions.
I do have something to shoot for - literally! I have to lose weight before competitive shooting season starts so I can fit into my shooting coat!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell, you look Fantabulous!

I am losing about a pound a week, and I am feeling great!

Still hitting the gym and watching what I eat and drinking all that water.
I am a big fan of the 3fatchicks.com journals, I post a journal almost daily and I get a lot of encouragement.
It really is motivating.

And the website I LOVE so much is fitday.com you put in what you eat, you can add your custom foods, and put in your activities and you can see how much calories you consume and how much you burn with your activiies and it builds reports for you. I am in love with it! It also breaks down your calorie intake into proteins, carbs and fats and you can see where your calories are coming from. It makes reports for you. And so on.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell,

Congratulations - you look wonderful and your weight loss is an achievement to be proud of!

I'm still losing at my turtle rate, now at 60 lbs. off
and loving my way of eating as I can do the holidays with no trauma <G>.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWW! Thanks you guys! You all are so so sweet! Even though I don't post much on here about my weight lately, you all are great motivation for me. I think about this thread & how you all are doing with this battle quick often.

It may sound odd, but one great motivator for me is taking pictures of my progress. It sounds cheesey, but I tend to forget how I looked then & how I'm looking now. Plus, I see my body every single day & it's hard not to be too hard on yourself after awhile. So by seeing the progress on film, it really helps.

Keep up the great work everyone! You too Heidi..chin up Girl! You'll get there!

Thanks again for the sweet words of encouragement!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Shell!!! You look fantastic!!! I haven't seen you in a while so I'm noticing a HUGE change! Way to go!!!

Congrats to all!

*I've been bad so I'll post once I kick myself in the butt and get back on track*

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, thought I would bring this up again.

Since I started going to the gym, and controlled my meal portions, I have lost 10 pounds, and last night someone came up to me and said "Have you lost weight?" I was happy that she noticed. It makes it all worthwhile when someone says something, you know?

And my jeans are fitting better and better. I am so happy!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kellye:

Isn't it the greatest feeling? I don't know if I posted that I made Lifetime with Weight Watchers the week of Thanksgiving. Now I am free for life. I only have to weigh in monthly and stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight. I managed to maintain that through Thanksgiving and my December weigh in. I think the working out really helps.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is awesome Deb!!!!! Congratulations!

Yeah, it is the most satisfying feeling, that you feel as if you are really doing something right.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Job Kellye & Deb! You guys deserve a huge pat on the back!

I know what you mean about the feeling when someone notices that you've lost weight. For me, no one notices it because no one knows me in Lincoln or have any idea how heavy I was before. But when I was traveling to store closer to home, I ran into people I knew & they all noticed right away. Then I came home yesterday & visited all my co workers. They all had to do a double take!
It was an AWESOME feeling!!!! It was definitely a great motivator to keep it up!

Congrats Ladies!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last winter I joined Weight Watchers and lost nearly 20lbs before falling off the wagon into a bucket of chocolate pudding!

But since my best friend announced her wedding will be at the end of August and I'm to be the maid of honor I have to look good!

I would like to lose 50lbs (maybe too thin) but I'll be super happy with 30lbs.

I'm starting on the first. Gonna read over my books and everything again and sign up on the 5th.

Wish me luck!!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WW is running a special promotion, due to come out in Jan. called Fast Track. It is designed to give you a 'jump start' on your weight loss by giving you this folder that gives you choices of what to eat at each meal for 20 points a day. We got the folder a couple of days before Christmas.

Good luck. I swear by WW.

newtocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, I am thinking of joining weight watchers. Actually, I have already decided to do it. I am going to go tomorrow morning to my first meeting.

I am a little nervous because I am not really a social type. I am also young, 23, so I think that many of the people will be a lot more mature than me. Another reason I am nervous is the fact that I am 145 lbs. and I wear a size 6. I am by no means obese...but I am overweight for my height and I don't feel good about myself.

I like structure, and I know a lot about health and fitness. I basically just really want something that will keep me motivated and help me create a menu for myself.

I would like to lose 15-20 lbs. I know that isn't a lot, but those last few lbs are always difficult to lose.

Wish me luck and I will tell you all how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.