We Are Getting A Puppy!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YEAH~ !!!!! even though this is a cat site and we love our kitties, we all are animal lovers here and today is a special day in our house, just like it was special for Saba's rescue arrival, but different species! After our beloved kitten Freddie died (FeLV 11/9/03 RB
) Eric was devastated. We wanted to give everything to Sasha just for a little while until this January, when Saba arrived. However, we agreed that the next addition would be a puppy, finally, for him. Now that Saba has fully adjusted and is a little luv, it's time. I am waiting for the photo......momentarily.....

Our new little edited: GIRL (Eric goofed!!) is smaller than Sasha! 9 weeks! Do a happy dance, do a happy dance. She is a chocolate lab/border collie mix, and the runt of the litter.
She even has a white blip on her tail.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats, E! Starting to sound like my household. At one time I had a saltwater tank, a puppy and three cats (this is how I justified having five cats at once - sorta all the same . The exchange rate is : 1 kitten = 1 aquarium and 1 cat = 1 dog)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Congrats, E! Starting to sound like my household. At one time I had a saltwater tank, a puppy and three cats (this is how I justified having five cats at once - sorta all the same . The exchange rate is : 1 kitten = 1 aquarium and 1 cat = 1 dog)
very funny. Eric gets to name her (major correction!
) Saba likes dogs, Sasha will need to adjust but Eric is on days/half-nights right now so he will be taking the puppy with him to his job every day and there's plenty of room in the 4-Runner for this little guy. The white blip on the tail really pulled at my heartstrings, as SiSi --Sasha's mama (2003) was a Tortie with a white blip on her tail. I will take it as a wonderful omen.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, congratulations!! He's so cute!!

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh what a cutie. Welcome to the wonderful world of dogs and if you need any puppy advice I can give it. I got my youngest when she was a puppy and what a handfull. I think I dealt with every issue that a puppy could have.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww lucky you!

My bf doesnt want to have dogs because he doesnt ilke them that much, he only likes them when they are other peoples.
Right now teufel is a handfull and bf doesnt want to go through the same thing again with another kitten. But i told him that kittens are alot worse than that and that he is a very well behaved cat!
I would like to get a pomeranian though!

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same here. We've had Corky for 12 years and both my husband and I grew up with dogs so we've got lots of dog experiece here. You're in for some fun times. Congratualtions on now being a dog and cat household!
You will find they are very different but that's what makes it fun!
Your new puppy is SOOOOOO adorable!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG he's sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you sooooo much! I am excited. Eric can take her to work (big cop w/puppy!
) and he's in love with her already. As soon as I have some time here in downtown, I'll go over to Eric's work and see her - he got her just 2 hrs ago so she will come home tonight! I am happy for Eric.....people on TCS know that this guy has seen me through the disappearance of SiSi when he worked for weeks in the early dawn hours to search for her and never a complaint, he lost Freddie with me, and he also went through Sasha's coyote mauling last May, holding him upright so he wouldn't die on the hour long trek to the ER at 1:00 a.m. Eric deserves this Easter gift...and as much as I was ready to take in another kitty, this one is for him.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow-quite the household-pets now outnumber people-but wait they do that in my household too (what was I thinking???) How are the cats adjusting??

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Wow-quite the household-pets now outnumber people-but wait they do that in my household too (what was I thinking???) How are the cats adjusting??
Saba will be fine, Sasha will be ok in time. We will smother them both with love but especially Sashie. We love them all, no faves!
I guess Eric didn't want the new Ford, Gail, he opted for a new 2-cylinder creation instead.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil want me to get a scooter!!! Whats up with that?? I'd rather have a 6 wheeled Gator. But sorry its a new automobile for me-just don't know hwat yet.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWW E, I'm in love...........oh please, when you get time, more pics please!!!! Congrats on your new, well, Erics, baby!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the only other one I have from Eric's phone until she comes home! She's already showing a scrapper spirit, being the runt, climbing over all the others to say hi to Eric - she got the job!

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!!!!

She is adorable!! Tell Eric he needs to hurry up and name her, we need a name!!!!!!! (Personally, I like "Pep" b/c labs & collies have a lot of engery and she'll always have a little "pep in her step" - just my opinion!
)

I'm so excited for you & Eric and the little gal!