Vet Was No Help At All!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
since the last kitten was a little oxygen deprived he may have a little trouble learning cat stuff than the others. That happened to one of ours. There were some things he never got - how to back up for one, but he was an excellent mouser. He lived to be 17. It doesn't mean he won't be the really sweet and loving. It sounds like mom is the best of cats for teaching how to love people.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and congratulations. There is nothing like the joy of keeping a little family for their entire lives. Mom will care for and protect them as long as she lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

B_lovinu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
since the last kitten was a little oxygen deprived he may have a little trouble learning cat stuff than the others. That happened to one of ours. There were some things he never got - how to back up for one, but he was an excellent mouser. He lived to be 17. It doesn't mean he won't be the really sweet and loving. It sounds like mom is the best of cats for teaching how to love people.
I've noticed he seems slower. Like he doesn't fight for food. I've had to put him to a nipple just to get him to eat. I'll keep a close watch on him.

B_lovinu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mama doesn't want us to leave the room. Every time we try she races after us meowing until we follow her back. So I put her and the kittens in the living room for now and she seems more content. Maybe it's because she's a first time mama? Or because she is always in the living room normally?

B_lovinu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of the babies are doing well. The three biggest babies have gained 0.5oz in just one day. The runt is close behind in weight, but only gained 0.28oz in one day. I'm keeping a close eye on her, but I have read 0.25-0.5oz per day is good. All of them are over 4 oz as of last night.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Congratulations on your new kitty family ! You will soon fall in love with the little ones ... :hellocomputer:

B_lovinu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Babies are doing extremely well! All of them gained close to 3/4 of an ounce yesterday. All of them are over 5oz at 4 days old.
My worry is Mama. She has only pooed once in 5 days. She is still peeing, and is eating and drinking normally. Since giving birth, I have been giving her canned soft foods (chicken, tuna, and beef varieties) and a bit of KMR twice daily. Do you think she is constipated from getting these new foods and milk? I called the vet today and she said I need not worry as long as she is eating and drinking normally and not straining for a bowel movement. What are your thoughts? I definitely will be taking her in Monday (day after tomorrow) if she hasn't went by then.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know, but wanted you to feel you weren't alone. Because new Grams panic. :vibes: You know someone who knows will be by soon.