Feral Cat Health

msdclark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a feral cat that we have been feeding for a little over a year. As soon as we open the back door, he dashes away and will stay away until we go back inside. Then he will come back and eat the food we have left. He will take naps on our back porch too. We have a pet house with a warming pad that he used a few times during the winter but he much prefers a cardboard box setup for easier escape. The point is we can't get near him.

It looks like he might have mange. Has anyone found an oral treatment that might help with this?
I am also going to look for a general dewormer that is oral too so any feedback along these lines would be greatly appreciated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are several oral meds for mange, but all of the ones I'd feel comfortable with require a prescription from a veterinarian. Once you have that, you can order from several sources. You may have to trap him, as mange can be caused by two very different mites, and they require different medications. Wishing you the VERY best of luck with this boy!