Vet has me confused!! Help!

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've followed this thread since the beginning....glad your girl and her baby are allright

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a great mom she is! Thanks Harley diva...she is so attentive to this little one its amazing to watch. If he even whimpers she is right on it.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thats great to hear!! congrats on the new addition..glad mom n baby are doin good keep us posted..n whats tha name???

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she went into labor on Sunday...my little brothers birthday (did i mention my favorite lol) and she had it today, sadly he deploys with the Marine Corp tomorrow. So I left it up to him. Without effort he said Javelin. After the Javelin missile. While wildly appropriate for all mama went through, it matches my Jagger and Jada. I think we are going to keep it. There is only one person interested I will let it go to now, that will A keep the name (;0)) and B let Grammie visit anytime I want :0) He is another Police officer that works with my husband. Uploading more pics

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
love the name!! can you look at my thread n see if anything sounds like i might see babies soon compared to jadas story...im lost

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to see that the second baby was a stillborn. Just know it's nothing you did or didn't do- sometimes they just don't make it for whatever reason. 

I'm am really happy though that the one she did have seems to be thriving. Be sure you keep tabs on him by weighing him daily. Also, be prepared for some of the problems that singleton litters bring. Sometimes just one kitten isn't enough to keep Mom's interest so you need to be watching for that. Weighing him everyday is a good way to know that he is for sure getting enough to eat. If it seems like he isn't then talk to your vet about supplementing his feeding. But, don't do this unless it is an absolute emergency without getting some guidance first. 

She is especially likely to turn a blind eye once she goes back into heat which can be anytime after delivery (the earliest I have ever witnessed was 11 days, another user had her girl calling again after just 4). So, make sure she's securely locked in until she can be fixed!

I am happy to hear that you are thinking about keeping him. It's such an amazing experience to watch them grow from the time they are born. And, his name does fit the family theme! 

You will have more questions as the fun is just beginning. 
 Ask as you need to. I'll be excited to read updates! 

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to update everyone on how things are....sorry it's been a hectic week. I uploaded some new pictures of baby Javelin in my album. He is doing very well!!! Getting big! He is definitely a little piggy. Jada is doing well with feeding him and taking care if him. She lets me hold him and oogle as much as I want as long as he isn't crying.

We had an uncomfortable meeting with Jagger. While I was on guard duty so mama could stretch her legs, he snuck in. He did some hissing but all in all he stays away from the box. Jada is perfectly fine with him being in the room...and I think encourages it sometimes. I am also pretty certain Javelin is a boy. Not sure if this is part if Jagger's problem? He almost seems afraid if the box, but ventures near it from time to time to make his unhappiness known. Jada does a good job of spending time with Jagger while Javelin is sleeping. It's gotten to the point that I don't even need to keep her door closed unless I leave, and that may be for my own peace of mind.

The vet also, in case I didn't mention it, explained exactly what you had said Stefan. He felt that they did not know if the abandoned kit I spoke of was healthy. He discouraged me from "mixing" litters only because he knows how worrisome I tend to be (haha). That kit is in good hands w around the clock vet techs so I didn't feel awful not pushing it. All in all they are doing great so far. He did open his eyes today which I thought was early, must be from so much grooming from mom? Doesn't look as though he sees clearly.