Vet has me confused!! Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks EB! It seems to appear when she is sleeping. I mean this gal has never slept so intently and rightly so, but that's when it seems to occur. It has continued to be the same color with the exception of of one day it was rusty colored. The other thing is that it's always been sort of watery, and when I say that I mean when I clean it up...it always comes up but leaves a wet spot. Today, it came out very thick. Fell from her cat tower almost like a hard object (although it wasn't when I cleaned it up). Left no wet spot. Sorry if this is TMI.

She has been grooming herself a lot too which means I don't really know how much there has been, but I thought what I have cleaned up had been excessive. Your right though, I'll give it some time. I have just read so many threads and questions from everywhere, yet no one has said anything about there being a lot....and for a solid week everyday. No odor so that's good. There have been white specs in it. This has to come to an end soon....she has done the false signals to me twice now. :0/ I just worry about my gal is all. And for goodness sakes, if I can't find anything about this in particular, may e someone else will find this and know the end result!

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whrn you get close youll know. If you habe any questions on a fully hands on delivery let me know. My cat roxy didnt know what she was doing so i did literally everything. It is really important to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Good vibes comin your way and good luck!!!

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks EB! It seems to appear when she is sleeping. I mean this gal has never slept so intently and rightly so, but that's when it seems to occur. It has continued to be the same color with the exception of of one day it was rusty colored. The other thing is that it's always been sort of watery, and when I say that I mean when I clean it up...it always comes up but leaves a wet spot. Today, it came out very thick. Fell from her cat tower almost like a hard object (although it wasn't when I cleaned it up). Left no wet spot. Sorry if this is TMI.

She has been grooming herself a lot too which means I don't really know how much there has been, but I thought what I have cleaned up had been excessive. Your right though, I'll give it some time. I have just read so many threads and questions from everywhere, yet no one has said anything about there being a lot....and for a solid week everyday. No odor so that's good. There have been white specs in it. This has to come to an end soon....she has done the false signals to me twice now. :0/ I just worry about my gal is all. And for goodness sakes, if I can't find anything about this in particular, may e someone else will find this and know the end result!
It's hard because it's such a fine line between normal and problem. And, it's hard to tell from a written description versus seeing it yourself. I know that, all the Queens I've fostered and I've never really seen much discharge (if any). And, all the time I've spent on TCS and it rarely came up in threads. Then, in the past month it's been a deluge (pun intended) of discharging Queens!

So, I honestly don't really know what the right answer is. I have to think that if so many people are experiencing it then it must be somewhat common, but it's not something I've ever really seen to the extent some of you guys are experiencing it. 

I think you just have to use your gut and make a judgement call. If it seems excessive than it may be and it may be worth a vet visit. Then again you were just there and everything was fine. You don't want to stress her out with an unnecessary visit but you want to catch it early if there is a problem..... aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

For the first time in a long time in PC&K I am stumped. I'll ask my shelter friends tomorrow what their thoughts are but otherwise I really don't know what you should do. You should probably get a prize for leaving the obsessive-fostering, obsessive-researching lawyer scratching her head but until I can get a CrackerJack ring in the mail you will just have to go off instinct. If I come up with any answers I will send them your way. 

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol you are too funny. Well according my math...she is either due...or overdue by the latter of this week. April 5th was the day we figured it out because her belly was growing. I could not only see the pinking but could feel the swelling when i ran my hand across her belly. I want to say this was 6 week, because on the 11th she had her ultrasound and doc said 6 or 7. I also believe this was the "alpha stage", this is when she started really getting bigger fast (remember the 3oz in 3 days and doc was surprised at her growth). Now it could have been the seventh week but that would put her at over 9 this week.

That being said it has been 22 days since we noticed her belly. If you inbox me an email I can email the pics to you...they aren't pretty but at least you know I'm looking at lol. I also have a video from a week ago of kitten movement.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also had estimated my roxys due date but was way early and i found i did this because i was so excited for her to give birtg...with thar excitement came my anxousness and inturn i allowed myself to think shed give birtg earlier. I think we all do thus often

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While yes I am anxious, she has given me indications lol. Actually at one point I made a conscious decision to not think about it and was doing fine till she started with her behavior. I actually took videos of her so my husband wouldn't think I was crazy, and he agreed when he watched them. I just didn't figure there was anyway that this discharge could continue this long without labor either. Especially the amount...but time will tell. Even at the earliest possible estimation by the vet with regard to how far along she was initially, it still puts her due this week. I just get worried about complications because a full week ago, doc said her kittens were good sized in her belly.

Can she end up going over due simply because she has a small litter? I guess I paying extra special attention because I flat out don't know when she got out, and none of the kids have fessed up to letting her out by accident. So I feel as though I will be completely responsible if she has complications of Any sort. But it won't be because I didn't pay attention!

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. Now the only reason I'm posting this, lol, is because I feel like everyone is biting their nails and thinking I'm over exaggerating her symptoms lol. (Maybe not but all the same). My queen Jada has a rectal temp of 99.2. Now she isn't acting any different, but if she doesn't go by tomorrow....I'll know I'm not crazy lol.

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's official. She is in labor!

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seemingly went into labor between 830 and 930...south to type...not a lot of time cause she wants my hand to lay her head on. Her belly tightens like she is having contractions...saw some more discharge...her belly keeps sucking inward...almost like hiccups? Comes and goes?

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright. We don't have any kittens yet. What I saw last night must have been stage one. She seemed like she was in a lot of pain, even meowsd a litte. After she fell asleep for a while, Iaid down in the bed next to her box. She kept getti g up and coming over to me, the. Running back into her box. I know she wants me to be right there. Unfortunately I have to run to work for a bit.

What I did t feta chance to say last night was that she pulled a complete disappearing act on us last night. Even when I was calling her and right ext to the boxi eventually found her in, she would t come out. That's when this all started. Does this all sound normal?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is it going?  Long prolonged fruitless labor is not good. Much discharges - so so.  What is the color of these discharges?  Although you did mentioned taking temp, and she is apparently not running a fever.

Anyway, if it proceeds to be unclear, with seemingly unfruitfil labor, and overall making you worry, dont hesitate to contact your vet. The vet will know what follow up questions to give.

Good luck!

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
StefanZ it was the same color as I have been seeing last night...the greenish. This morning it was reddish...now I can't really tell because she keeps moving around. Still cleaning herself a lot. If it makes sense her "area" last night was shaking and seemingly open. I still feel some small movement from at least one side. She does not like it when I'm not in the room. If you PM me an email ill email you a video I just took of her so you get an idea of how she has been since last night.

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I saw a sac...she is now vigorously licking at her bottom and I can't see!!!! Is this ok????? What if she breaks the sac before its out?

mrsmcfadden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to relax. I think you will know for sure if something is wrong and not question it. I'm sure it's scarey bc you love your baby.

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I promise I'm trying lol. The sac disappeared again...

llemonier08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. Keep in mind I did not see a kitten in it. As soon as it appeared she started licking and now it's not there...and it doesn't even seem like she is having anymore contractions. I called the vet...they were useless...called the shelter that deals with it everyday and they said they can't give me any advice. I'm frustrated. She is now getting in and out of her box and doesn't seem as uncomfortable as she was an hour ago.