Very Touching Website

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tybalt and I were out shopping over the weekend, and in one of the stores they were playing "I'm With You" overhead. Our eyes met and we both got all misty-eyed. We left the store real quickly, murmuring that we had to get home to pet our kitties! I was afraid I was going to burst into tears in the store.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, while I am waiting for this to laod, why don't we all have a big cat group hug.
Ok, I am back. What can I say, yes, I have tears in my eyes too. Real men do shed tears. This reminds me of the many years I spent feeding 2 homeless cats in a park about 10 miles from here. Me and a lady friend were able to catch them and have them both spayed. But, they were just too wild to live in a home. I tried with one, but it would not eat without her sister and the other one at the park would not eat either, without the other one there. So, they lived in the park and every day, I drove there and made sure they had food, no matter what the weather. I even warmed the water and food in the winter and we built little shelters for them. After 5 years, they would still come around when they saw me, but would hardly eat, if at all. They looked good, I think they eventually found a home to hang around and must have been fed there. I hope so anyway. A lot of people would ask me why would I go a feed them. I would tell them I have too, they need love. If you could only see the look in their beautiful eyes that said...thank you

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for sharing that! Very moving! I would have kept the message at the end even shorter - Spay and Neuter your cats!!! Leaving the breeders out of this. Ethical breeders are not the cause of the overpopulation problem IMHO. The problem is with the average pet owner who doesn't spay/neuter on time and with authorities not treating the feral cats problem the way they should (TNR rather than rounding them up and killing them).

Anyway, very well done! Brought tears to my eyes as well - thanks again for sharing the link.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you Anne on the ethical breeders. My wife and I breed Pixie Bobs, but on a very small scale and before they leave here to go to their new home, they are spayed or neutered. The only time we don't, is when they are going to another Pixie Bob breeder who is TICA registered. Their new homes are screened too.