Very Little Newborn Persian Kittens

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just to share my own queens diet, as you were expressing concerns about food brands. My queen is on Blue Buffalo Winderness Grain Free Kitten Dry, and I mix Purina Pro Plan Dry Kitten with the Blue because she tends to eat it better when I do this. She eats two cans a day of either Iams kitten wet, or Purina One wet. And I supplement her with neutra cal gel which has added calories for nursing mama. Just an FYI, These brands aren't cheap though. I usual try to get them in bulk when they go on sale as I'm signed up for promo offers when they come around. Good luck with your babies! I'm glad to hear surgery went well for papa. Hope these little ones thrive and will be saying prayers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bigger kitten is now 126g and little one has managed to get 7g after being at 100g for a while so he is 107g this morning.

I bought few cans of thrive complete yesterday to test it. Since both cats have been quite picky with wet food.

Papa cat ate it all and even licked the bowl empty. (Tuna & Salmon)

Mama cat didnt eat it much. At first she wasnt even going to eat it but after feeding a few bites of the chicken from hand to her she ate it a little.

Kittens havent pooped yesterday at all when I stimulate them to poop. Pee is all thats coming for now. I have given a drop of oil for them so its waiting now. I did some research about that and found the triangle method but it didnt help.

I read that this young kittens might take a day or two with pooping tho.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they can skip a day of pooping. Mom may also be licking it when you don't see her.

Find what mom likes and stick with that food for now.

I hope the smaller baby continues to gain!

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, they can skip a day of pooping. Mom may also be licking it when you don't see her.

Find what mom likes and stick with that food for now.

I hope the smaller baby continues to gain!
He definetly is gaining. 30min ago he weighted 112g after feeding him. Seems like hes gonna grow quite fast at the moment.

I picked also a can of RC mother & babycat patee. Seems like it tastes well for her.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh god pls, can these turn turn backs already end?

Just came home from the vet once again. Smaller kittens status collapsed after last supplement.

After he slept a while and I was gonna give him some milk but he wasnt himself. He didnt scream as usually. Even if I turned him to back and gently massaged him to make him poop he didnt make any noise.

It felt like he wasnt properly woke up from his nap. I rushed to vet. He was pooped a lot while driving to vet. Veteranian gave him antibiotics that needs to be given twice a day. His body temperature was 36.6c. Vet also gave me syringe and a tube to start tube feeding him.

There was drool coming from kittens mouth and I asked him why is he drooling and the vet answered that he have eaten so much that he is so full of milk that he is drooling.

He is now resting at their litterbox. Need many prayers and much hope now to kitten survive this turn back.

Previous time he ate it wasnt me feeding him and when I came into room i was very surprised that he had eaten like 6-8mL so fast. Because when I have been feeding him he barely have eaten 1-3mL at a time. Im afraid that he has gotten milk for his lungs and is choking but the vet said that it does not seem or sound like that.

EDIT: At the previous time he ate he went all the way from 108g to 114g with one supplement. Since then he have lost the weight and is at 108g at the moment after. He seems to be breathing very well and smoothly and lifting his head up from time to time and making some silent noises and moving his ears.

Not sure how long should I let him rest before tube feeding him.

Last edited:

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont want to blame anyone. and he was fed the right way. On her belly head up.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, clearly the kitten wasn't suckling, so I am confused. Did your partner basically force feed? I don't understand how the kitten would have gotten that much more than they wanted.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the kitten doing now?

Were you shown how to tube feed? It can be very dangerous if not done properly.

It is not good to force feed a kitten too much milk.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sadly he is gone. My feelings have became so numb because of all this crying and sadness. Lost the hope for the last kitten to survive. This week have been toughest week in my whole life.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The last stand are famous and glorious - and not always hopeless. Cavallery may come in time, a miracle may happen. Have faith!
The third one was / is the strongest of them three!

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its just, there's still no poop from the biggest one. Everything else is going well with the last one. (Getting weight, nursing from mom, body temperature is 37.5c)

Tried gently triangle method, tried to put thermometer to anus a bit.

"If after all of this the kitten still hasn’t gone the kitten should see a vet immediately. If the kitten hasn’t eliminated after 5-7 days (5 for young kittens up to 2 weeks, 7 for older) it should see a vet immediately."

Really? wait for 5 days before concerning?

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im pretty sure about that. I spent approximately 20hours in the same room with them and I never saw a single lick from mother to any of the kitten. Ofcourse I cant be 100% sure about it but i have very strong feeling about it.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What had you done so far? I know some oil drops: how much, how often?

Minerale oil is even more potent. Here in Sweden we use liquid paraffine. It can be found for example where they have gears for caretaking of horse leather. (ask your vet if you want to get approvement - he perhaps even knows where you can get liquid paraffine for veterinary use).

Submerging and stimulation in warm water?

Having a thin slice of glycerine into the behind? It softens up the hardened poo. You use glycerine cones, suppositories, same as for human babies, but make do a thin sliver.

Enema is the last practical step. Usually its the vet whom does it, but if somewhat handy, its fuly possible to do it yourself.

Ps. Its of course important to be sure there is no dehydration. Better a little too much water than to little water.
Also change of kmr is often wise to do. Goats milk is a good alternative to try with. Some do dilute it a little.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What had you done so far? I know some oil drops: how much, how often?

Minerale oil is even more potent. Here in Sweden we use liquid paraffine. It can be found for example where they have gears for caretaking of horse leather. (ask your vet if you want to get approvement - he perhaps even knows where you can get liquid paraffine for veterinary use).

Submerging and stimulation in warm water?

Having a thin slice of glycerine into the behind? It softens up the hardened poo. You use glycerine cones, suppositories, same as for human babies, but make do a thin sliver.

Enema is the last practical step. Usually its the vet whom does it, but if somewhat handy, its fuly possible to do it yourself.

Ps. Its of course important to be sure there is no dehydration. Better a little too much water than to little water.
Also change of kmr is often wise to do. Goats milk is a good alternative to try with. Some do dilute it a little.
Nutrolin Kissa® - Kotimainen ravintoöljy aikuiselle ja pentukissalle. i gave this 15min ago.. (if u use google chrome it can translate the site for you since its finnish product). I have also tried gently massaging his lower stomach.

And I tried the triangle method but im not sure how hard i dare to massage. I dont want to crush him. He has got 8g more weight in past 19hours being 140g now. (This kitty dont need extra nutrition to grow up)

He is peeing every time i stimulate him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, ok you can try with more as suggested.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually i found out that i can get paraffine oil from pharmacy but they are closed for today. Have to get it tomorrow if its not too late. *sigh*

But i dont get that glycerine thing :|