Very Little Newborn Persian Kittens

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! They are absolutely stunning! Their babies will be little black beauties!

Update; Not to high jack the thread or anything, I just wanted to share my 3 day old persian babies (since we're on the subject and all :D tehehe! )

IMG_4999.JPG IMG_5034.PNG

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weighed the kittens after bottle feeding them.
First kitten drank a little bit
Second kitten drank quite much
Third kitten refused to drink at all

1. The poor small kitten
Born weight 60g -> Day 1 66g -> Day 2 (now) 64g
2. The second kitten
Born weight 80g -> Day 1 90g -> Day 2 (now) 96g
3. The third kitten
Born weight 86g -> Day 1 92g -> Day 2 (now) 98g

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I meant "isnt" - the letters come easily wrong when trying to write quickly - or on Iphone. :)
Mother is maybe 40-50% of the time in the litter box. She is more interested to get out of the labor room/our bedroom.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mother is maybe 40-50% of the time in the litter box. She is more interested to get out of the labor room/our bedroom.
Is she cleaning their bums so they can defecate? They need to be eliminated by stimulation, whether that be a warm, slightly wet cotton ball or by mom. i can't recall if you said you're using a heating pad underneath their birthing blanket or not. If not, I'd recommend doing so. Since they can't regulate their own body temp at this age they'll need constant warmth or heat to act as mothers warm body.

Update; I see this has already been addressed. Sorry to be repetitive ;)

Last edited:

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you S Sereny for your kind compliment! They were in fact born the day before yours :redheartpump:. I have seven persian babies total...three girls and four boys. Three points, one dilute calico, two reds, and a black tortie. This is perhaps my most contrasting and beautiful litter to date! I LOVE seeing other litters and yours are gorgeous as well! That solid black with those beautiful copper eyes is mesmerizing! I was hoping my black tortie female was going to be a solid black but fate had a different plan in mind ;).

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S Sereny

You may lose the smallest kitten if you cannot get formula into him.

Wrap the kitten in a towel like a burrito, with only the head sticking out, then gently insert the syringe in the side of the kitten's mouth and go drop by drop, allowing time for the kitten to swallow and breathe.

While you need to be very careful when force feeding that the kitten does not aspirate formula into its lungs, it is not up to the kitten to decide whether to eat. You need to get formula into the kitten.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sad news, the kitten is losing weight and it has become very fragile. I barely dare to lift him up to try to feed. He became very silent and barely moving at all anymore. Earlier he was the loudest and the most restless one.

Things started to go wrong after poop got stuck to butthole and didnt immediately came out. When i gently helped him to get it out i saw there was just more of it. Got all of it out but there was a bit blood at poop.

After some period of time there was more of it and it wont come out.

Already cried that its about this poor little kitty to go into heaven with his sibling.

In 4 hours vet is going to open. Gonna call and ask vets opinion if i take him in or what im gonna do.

It makes me so sad that i cant help him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can help by feeding the kitten!

Smear some honey on its gums to perk it up, and get a few drops of formula into the kitten. It may not make it 4 hours otherwise.

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I gave her few drops of RC babymilk. His anus is stretched to every possible way and i cant get his bowel cleared :(

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep on feeding him. Dont know if he is getting anything. He pulls the milk out of his mouth with his tongue. Im just afraid that milk goes into his lungs because i have a feeling that he aint swallowing any of the milk. :(

Sereny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I managed to feed him 1mL of milk after that 1.5 - 2.0cm long poop came out of his anus with some blood. I'll let him rest for a hour and feed him again.

Im wondering if RC babycat milk makes his poop so hard :/

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Excellent! Add a drop of olive oil to his next formula feeding. It will help to soften his stool.

Continue with his feedings until he gets stronger.

He looks very sweet with his little milky mouth!