vbPlaza gift etiquette questions

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a thank you PM is definately enough for appreciation

I think the gift thing is pretty funny - Especially when you see what other people are giving!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

The issue of some members having no gifts while others have many was a concern from the very beginning, but we knew it would happen. Some people are more likely to give gifts to their friends and they are allowed to do that. We have roughly 2,000 active members. Each member cannot possibly offer equal attention to the remaining 1999 members whether vbplaza is around or not. You reap what you sow. We also have plenty of members who are giving gifts to those who have none anyway. As long as the rules are followed, (which are the same for everybody) our site still allows any member to post in any of our main forums at any time and as much as they want. I see friendships made here, not cliques.
You also can't assume that two people belong to the same "clique" because one has given the other a gift. They might never have exchanged a PM, but perhaps the giver was impressed with something the recipient wrote, knew from a thread that the member was going through a rough patch, was pleased to see a formerly very active member return after a long absence, had a sudden impulse (I sent somebody a fudgesicle, and had to laugh when she PMed that she had just been contemplating going out to get something chocolate!), or whatever.
Reciprocating with a gift is a bit difficult, as some have pointed out, because it's a matter of having enough points, and hitting the "shop" at the right time.
In a few weeks' time, I bet there'll be complaints about not having enough room to display all the gifts and ribbons, and people will be rotating what's visible!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oi, if you think the pickle madness is bad, wait until they stock gnomes!
Or nuts! LOL

I don't ever give a gift expecting something in return so thats how I operate. I have thanked those who gifted me.

When this all started I felt naked cuz, as was mentioned, some people had lost of things in their header. So, instead of feeling sorry for myself (not saying I didn't at all though) I bought myself something!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I have seen a few nuts floating around. I think Susie has one!
Yuppers - I sent it to her.
I looked for a hammer, but there wasn't one.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When I give a gift, it is usually because I want to give that person some sort of support in addition to a post. I don't expect a gift in return. And I always get a nice thank you PM. This is more than enough for me.