Vaccinated pregnant kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are toddlers! They will get steadier! This is a cute stage! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 4weeks old tomorrow do I start giving them moist food and a litter box? If so how do I start. Thanks in advance.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can try. Some kittens will go for it and others may not be ready for another week or so. It's the right age to introduce it though :).

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If they do eat it how many times a day? Do I mix it with formula if so how much

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You mix it with enough formula to make it mushy - like the consistency of oatmeal.

You can offer it to those interested about every 3-4 hours right now.

Good luck :).

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried mush for 2 days now and 3 of the 4 kittens have eaten it but they don't eat every time I offer it. Mom eats it should she not be in the room while they are eating? When do I put water in with the kittens? I guess I'm feeling lost in what I should be doing with them at this point.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good for the kittens to see mom eating the mush, it's how they will learn to eat it.   You can put the water in a shallow bowl.  you might want to put something on the floor under it for spills.  they may not drink any for a couple weeks, especially if they are still nursing.

Weaning is a process and it sounds like you are off to a good start.  Hang in there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kittens are almost five weeks old. I have found that most kittens take to the wet food feedings better by 5-6 weeks. They'll still nurse mom too, so just be patient and keep offering it :).

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They all ate last night but I don't know if mom is still feeding them. She doesn't seem to want to be with them much anymore. What about water should I put some in with them? What age can I let them roam the house? I do have other cats and dogs.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, give them a dish of water. They will eventually learn to drink it. I hope mom is still nursing them at night. Will you be getting her spayed soon?

I would not let them roam the house before 8 weeks, and then under supervision, and do not let them outside!

Last edited:

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes mom will be getting spayed soon. Mom and kittens will only stay inside. I hope she feeds them at night too. She might be and I'm just not seeing it. I will put a little bit of water in by them. Thank you for all the good advice.

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens will be 6 weeks old on Sunday. I can no longer keep them contained in the playpen I made they keep jumping out so I let them run the room but they are eating the dry kitten food that is left out for mom is that ok or are they to young? We have been interacting with the kittens to socialize them but I have one that seems like a loner. He doesn't interact with us or his siblings I don't know what to do he seems scared of everyone any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's time for the kittens to no longer be in a playpen, and it's also time for them to be eating kitten chow on their own. They are weaning beautifully! They also should be eating wet food several times a day and using a kitten sized litter pan.

As for the loner, just give him special attention. It's just his personality. One of my kittens is like that, but has slowly learned to be more social and playful.

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you they all use the litter pan as well. I will give the loner extra attention he is the one I might keep.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are just beautiful [emoji]128149[/emoji]. Glad you may keep the loner!

tameilicke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 8weeks old and are still nursing on mom is that ok? They eat hard food soft food and drink water but they still nurse.