Urgent vibes and prayers needed for feralvr's Perla!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THANK YOU so much, you are all wonderful friends :hugs: and it helps me SO much to have your support (and slaps :smshfrk: :flail:) :heart3:

Today is the last dose of Baytril and the eye drops. Will see what happens next. Her eye is definitely not cleared up. The only positive change is that it is not watering like a faucet anymore - but still wet and with red eye lids. She has a great appetite though these last few days and is even asking for more food :D. She loves the Halo treats :clap::clap: And ate a whole raw rabbit NV medallion this morning mixed with a small amount of wet food. The cats seem to love rabbit meat. I am going to pick up more raw meat today - Stella/Cheweys and Primal. The cats did love the Bravo meats too - but I want to stick to NV, S&C and Primal right now. Rad Cat - is on the list to order too.

I no longer feed the Stella/Chewey freeze-dried raw cubes. The beef - I call Freeze-dried raw BARF :barf: cubes. :lol3: I fed the last of the bag I had a few nights ago as treats. :nono: Bad meowmy - a few puke piles shortly after :nausea:. I still have some freeze-dried Chicken which does not cause a problem in their tummies and Perla enjoys (demands :)) a few pieces of those each day. She is the instigator of playtime each night again so that is a really good sign. The :princess: expects momma to play each night at exactly 6:30 p.m. right on the button. She sits and stares at the toy cabinet :flail:

Thanks for your wonderful vibes and thought's for :princess: Perla. She extends her heartfelt appreciation :nod: She instructed me to say so :salute: :D

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to see she's eating well, that's so important.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :heart3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs:
Food for thought: Can the redness on the eye be caused by the eye drop itself? Some of them can be quite irritating and somewhat strong.... Just a thought.... Great sign that the eye is no longer running though :bigthumb:

On the food front...... I have a feeling that once they try Rad Cat..... oh..... forget it! As I said on my thread, Once you go Rad, you never go Back :lol3:yummy stuff - they love it here - #1 is definitely the lamb, #2 Turkey, chicken thy liked it mixed, but not too much on its own.... guess they need to get used to it :nod:
Awesome that they are eating well - Go Perla :princess: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well it's great to hear she's FEELING so well! Even though her eye is still bothering her a bit.... annoying mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending more vibes that this is actually a herpes flare-up, and it just needs some more time - and the L-Lysine and lower stress will do the trick! :cross: :heart3: :hugs: :rub:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Food for thought: Can the redness on the eye be caused by the eye drop itself? Some of them can be quite irritating and somewhat strong.... Just a thought.... Great sign that the eye is no longer running though :bigthumb:
On the food front...... I have a feeling that once they try Rad Cat..... oh..... forget it! As I said on my thread, Once you go Rad, you never go Back :lol3:yummy stuff - they love it here - #1 is definitely the lamb, #2 Turkey, chicken thy liked it mixed, but not too much on its own.... guess they need to get used to it :nod:
Awesome that they are eating well - Go Perla :princess: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
YOU KNOW WHAT :lol3: That is good "food" to think about because just today when I was researching (I know - I can't help myself - internet Doctor here :wave2:) Tobramycin eye drops one of the side effects are red eye lids and slight swelling. I was racking my brain trying to remember :doh3: if her eye lid was slightly red the day I brought her in for the re-check OR was it just watery and the redness came on AFTER the use of the drops..... I have to start writing down every little detail in these mattter's. Anyway - I can say for sure - that the eye lid have gotten much worse since being on the drop's. The lid also turns quite red when she is cleaning her eye or cleaning her face after eating - so some of it could just be irritation. Unfortunately, it is still watery - but not as bad.

Thanks for racking your brain on account of the :princess: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

OH MY GOSH - I will have to check back on my PMs to Laurie :hyper: I might have mentioned this a few week's back about Perla having the red eyelids in a PM to Laurie and that I needed to take her back to the vet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be very helpful to know if the redness came on before or after the drops. Will let you know :D :cross:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well it's great to hear she's FEELING so well! Even though her eye is still bothering her a bit.... annoying mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sending more vibes that this is actually a herpes flare-up, and it just needs some more time - and the L-Lysine and lower stress will do the trick! :cross: :heart3: :hugs: :rub:
Part of the stress is .......................... THOSE BOYS :stomp: especially Wendall. I have to say that since momma's breakdown a couple of weeks back they have lightened up on "teasing" the :princess:. Now if I hear Perla hiss - I come a runnin' and the boys go a runnin' :flail:... They are learning that when Perla hisses - SO DOES MOMMA :lol2: It is working :D :clap::clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Food for thought: Can the redness on the eye be caused by the eye drop itself? Some of them can be quite irritating and somewhat strong...:
Looking back - and comparing my notes to PMs and this thread - Perla's eye lid was NOT red before the eye drops started. The irritation must be from those drops. Last night was her last dose of the eye drops. Today I did notice a "slight" improvement in the redness. The eye lids are still a bit red and have crusties on them... I gently clean her eyes and she is the best patient EVER. Such an angel to work on with things. I will report tomorrow on the eye lids because if it was the eye drops then I would assume the red lids will be even more improved :cross:

She IS feeling better all around :woohoo: and I am SO happy about that. Her eye is not as watery as yesterday either :clap::clap::clap: She is also eating much more raw meat mixed in with her wet food. At least two medallions per day now. I have to tell you all something funny about Pipsqueak and the raw. He has been eating it too now :thud: but tonight when I put his plate down on his counter - it was NV chicken mixed with wet EVO - he sniffed and then proceeded to just meow at me and jump down off the counter to follow me to the other room to feed the other kids. I looked at Pipsqueak and said "Sorry - Squeak, that is all you are getting until bedtime - so either you go and eat it or momma takes it away once the other's are done". I turned my back put the plates down for my other babies and when I turned back around Pipsqueak was gone ......... I went back to his room and he was chowing down on the raw mixture on his plate. :lol3: :lol2: I guess he understood that I meant business and was serious about him not getting any food until bedtime. Smart BOY :clap::clap::clap: Perla was a bit picky so out came the Fortiflora - works quite well for her now :nod: :D

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooo, let's hope that red eyelid clears right up now she's off the drops! :vibes: :vibes: :cross: And SUCH a little good carnivore- Perla's on her way!! :lol3:

And WHAT a smart little Pipster! :clap: :clap: :bigthumb:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh WHY?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sniffle: Good news and bad news. :sigh:

Good news - Perla's red eye lid is slightly better today and again, not as much watering. I just wish it would completely clear. I only pray that she is on the road to a full recovery very soon :cross: Everyone except Pipsqueak - ate a whole medallion of NV rabbit raw mixed with the EVO wet :clap::clap::clap: Perla does need the fortiflora - just a little and I don't care because she is readily eating and is much happier the last two days.

Pipsqueak is very ill this morning. :(. He had no diarrhea yesterday other than than one "blast" on Wednesday after the two old crabby dogs went at it. WELL that was not stress it was the beginning's of the "Perla" virus. :frown2: He went to see Dr. Mark this morning. Fever 103.5 not eating, but drinking. I could not find him this morning and the litter boxes were filled with "blasts". He was under the bed in the foster room - unmoving and listless - with eyes half closed. Off to the vet. He is on metronidazole. No antibiotic yet. Dr. Mark gave me the Baytril just in case he turns bad over the weekend with a secondary bacterial infection. This is all viral and has to run it's course. I will be syringe feeding in the next hour if he refuses lunch. He is on Hill's I/D for a couple of days - I know it was not the raw food - that would not cause a fever either and lethargy. He is sick from Perla. I already had a feeling he might get sick and wondered why it took this many week's for him to succumb to the virus. His immune system is not up to par as you all know.

SO NOW :lol3: :lol2: (at least I can laugh now) I need vibes for Perla's continued recovery and for Pipsqueak to please feel better FAST - like lightening :cross: :vibes::vibes: THANKS for all of your love and support :heart3: :hugs:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh WHY?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sniffle: Good news and bad news. :sigh:
Good news - Perla's red eye lid is slightly better today and again, not as much watering. I just wish it would completely clear. I only pray that she is on the road to a full recovery very soon :cross: Everyone except Pipsqueak - ate a whole medallion of NV rabbit raw mixed with the EVO wet :clap::clap::clap: Perla does need the fortiflora - just a little and I don't care because she is readily eating and is much happier the last two days.
Pipsqueak is very ill this morning. :(. He had no diarrhea yesterday other than than one "blast" on Wednesday after the two old crabby dogs went at it. WELL that was not stress it was the beginning's of the "Perla" virus. :frown2: He went to see Dr. Mark this morning. Fever 103.5 not eating, but drinking. I could not find him this morning and the litter boxes were filled with "blasts". He was under the bed in the foster room - unmoving and listless - with eyes half closed. Off to the vet. He is on metronidazole. No antibiotic yet. Dr. Mark gave me the Baytril just in case he turns bad over the weekend with a secondary bacterial infection. This is all viral and has to run it's course. I will be syringe feeding in the next hour if he refuses lunch. He is on Hill's I/D for a couple of days - I know it was not the raw food - that would not cause a fever either and lethargy. He is sick from Perla. I already had a feeling he might get sick and wondered why it took this many week's for him to succumb to the virus. His immune system is not up to par as you all know.
SO NOW :lol3: :lol2: (at least I can laugh now) I need vibes for Perla's continued recovery and for Pipsqueak to please feel better FAST - like lightening :cross: :vibes::vibes: THANKS for all of your love and support :heart3: :hugs:
Oh momma.... Poor baby and poor you :hugs:
Oh, I can't believe this...... I just hope he comes around really quickly, and this doesn't progress to be anything like Perla..... no no no.... It is NOT going to be
Come on little guy, get well for momma..... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
for a very quick recovery.  Maybe having had some raw will make him stronger to fight this better

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say, Lauren.  Yea for Perla, boo for the Pipster.  I hope your little princess continues to improve, and that Mr. Pip makes a speedy recovery. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank YOU all :D !!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be a happier momma today :jump: :sun: Pipsqueak is totally normal today - go figure :scratch:.... I just can't believe it. He is playing, eating, drinking, pooping nice firm healthy poops :lol3:, peeing well. This morning he had a nice big breakfast - 50/50 raw/wet. :think: Could the partial raw diet have anything to do with his recovering so quickly - Who knows, could be. Gobbled it all up looking for more too. I will keep him on the Metro for only five days. He did get over this fast - llike LIGHTENING fast - :lol2: :bigthumb:

Perla's eye is much the same. No worse - but not much better than yesterday. Poor little darlin' :heart3: BUT she is a wild woman lately. Just cracking me up. Tearing around the house - playing - all puffed up and silly. She is mighty happy and that makes me SO very happy then. Hopefully her eye will continue to recover - I will give it some more time and if no improvement, I plan on consulting Wilbur's Holistic Vet about her eye. Will keep you all posted - :thanks: and :hugs: :heart3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: :wow: :wow: UNBELIEVABLE - fabulous - incredible news! :clap: :clap: :hyper: :bigthumb:

:woohoo:

Come on Perla - you're feeling better - now let that eye completely heal up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap:
YEAH!!!!!! Go Pips!!! Good job! :clap::clap::clap::clap: That's WONDERFUL news!!! Awesome, just absolutely AWESOME! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Now :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: and more :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:To little Perla!!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news about Mr. PIp
  Now, if Miss Perla's eye will just heal. 

Sending more "get-well-quick"
 to your little girl.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank YOU :hugs:. Perla is really wild and crazy tonight. She demanded her playtime, as usual. Very energetic!!! I am seeing a huge change in her attitude and behavior these last two days. She is definitely feeling better. She is even being more tolerant of Wendall :shocker: :thud:.... Pretty good news (at least for today :lol2:) :clap: