Urgent vibes and prayers needed for feralvr's Perla!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, took care of that post. :lol3:
Now - how is Perla doing today? :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Ok, now that my head is finished spinning, I want to know how Perla is doing to :lol3:
:lol3: OH YEAH - PERLA :rofl:....... Well - she did say she want's to eat free-range raw meat :lol2:.... Seriously, she is doing better today - her eye lid's and ear's are still a bit red BUT down significantly from yesterday. I think the antihistamine injection helped her out tremendously. She ate very, very well again this morning. Even downstairs on her spot :clap::clap:. She had some more raw mixed in with some wet food sprinkled with Fortiflora. She even asked for some more food about mid-day - I think her appetite is back :cross: I can tell she feel's better today but still not as great as I want to see. She is so cute about asking for food now since she has been sick. She goes into the kitchen and starts meowing - a demanding meow too :lol2: Of course, I am at her beck and call, and immediately jump up to attend to her need's. Sometimes she is just bluffing though :rolleyes: and I can tell now, because IF she want's food, she let's me pick her up, IF it is a bluff and she just wanted attention, she will run off a few feet and expect me to follow and then will dart off some more, and so on, until I just say "Forget it, Perlie, I don't want to play this game" MAN...... does she have my number :lol3:

Thank you, everyone, for your thought's for my girl :heart3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I just came to the Health Forum to see if there was anything I'd missed concerning Pipsqueak ( I obviously don't check this forum very often ).  Lo and behold, the drama of Perla unfolded before my eyes.  That poor baby girl!   I really have no advice to offer, Lauren, because I've never had a problem like this before.  Just wanted to let you know that you and your fur-babies are in my prayers, and I'm sending you loads of "get-well-quick" :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:  for sweet Perla.
HI LIBBY :hugs::hugs::hugs: :D :D - YEAH - a lot can happen in Health - it just unfolds before our eyes :shocked:..... Thank you for checking in on Pipsqueak :lol2: I almost forgot that Pipsqueak has issues too - it is hard to juggle all of these pet's with health concerns right now :sigh: I was just thinking yesterday about all of these troubles. I have never in all my life of owning cat's and dog's ever been bombarded with so much all at once like these last eight month's. Just one thing on top of another. BUT one thing I learned about myself, is that I just can handle this and manage to get through it - I have no other choice. BOY I have forgotten what it feel's like to just have healthy pet's :think: :scratch: Hoping that this year will bring that about :cross:

btw - Pipsqueak has been doing just great. I am going to try to check the urine again in a couple of week's as he has been on the Dasuquin for a couple of month's. I have not put him back on the Elavil - he is having toooooooooooo much fun and so am I with him. He really, really is one CLOWN of a cat. A joy to have and the kitty love of my life :heart3:..... I will post in his thread, Libby, when I get that next urine test done in a couple of week's. Thanks for checking in on him. Hugs to you, rubs and scritches to your gang :hugs::rub::heart4:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SUCH a relief to hear the antihistamine is helping so quickly! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: it clears right up, and that is THE LAST OF THE PROBLEMS!

...which means, of course, :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for Pip, that the Dasuquin has WORKED to calm things down for his bladder! :cross:

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear the Pipster is doing better.  Now, hopefully, Miss Perla will get with the program and stop making her Meomwy worry.

Gentle kitty hugs to your brood!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks :D!!! Perla IS doing much better. Her eye is not as watery as a few days ago - but still is quite runny after eating - which can happen anyway. Her ears are not as red either. I think I found the allergen - TUNA..... I am working furiously to re-train her off of the tuna-based grain free wet and Fancy Feast wet - back to the better quality wet brand's and even raw meat. I have to stop giving in to her refusal to eat and demands for the food's that are not good for her :rolleyes: Hard to do..... I found she LOVES NV raw rabbit medallion's as do all of my other babies - Wilbur included. I only mix a pea size raw in Perla's mixture. So far she doesn't notice it and seems to enjoy the new taste. Fortiflora is helping her eat better too. All in all - this is good news and I thank you all for your wonderful, magical TCS vibes :hugs: :heart3: Hopefully she will continue to recover from this terrible herpes virus that just took a strong hold of my :princess: Perla. :cross:

Last edited:

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear she is doing so much better.
Been keeping my eye on this thread to watch her progress.  Happy for you too

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sigh: Perla has been doing very, very well then today all of the sudden, her eye lid look's slightly red again AND her eye started watering a little bit again PLUS she has started sneezing just today.. :(. I just don't get it :confused: How can she be getting sick again - she is still on the Baytril, antibiotic eye drops, and Lysine 750 mg. per day. How long will this go on for :dk:. She seems to be feeling good and will eat, but is very picky still about eating. The Fortiflora does NOT work for her every meal. I just ordered Halo freeze-dried Chicken treats and the Cat-doo bonito flakes for her today. My goodness - could this be some allergen :confuse2: Her ears are all better though. Will see how she is in the morning - if worse...... :sobbing: and :bawling: time. Will take her temp. tonight later when I can catch her. That is the other problem with Perla. She is a momma's girl - but is not a lap cat by any stretch. It is not easy to try to trick her as I try to nonchalantly stroll by her in an attempt to pick her up, she just seems to know when something is up. It has not been easy to catch her for pill's and eye drop's. :nothappy:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on Perla, get better little girl! Your mom is about to get sick by proxy :nono: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Monster vibes for the little princess, and mega hugs for mom!! :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lauren! Seems to me the antibacterial isn't helping if it's an allergy problem - and it's sure sounding more and more like that. She improved so quickly after the vet visit where she got a shot of antihistamine. :nod: When she finishes up the antibacterial, maybe a call to Dr. Wessner is in order? :dk:

Come on Perla, get better little girl! Your mom is about to get sick by proxy :nono: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Monster vibes for the little princess, and mega hugs for mom!! :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs:
:yeah: !!!!! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sick by proxy :lol3: , actually I WISH it were possible if it meant she would get better :nothappy: Unfortunately, you are right...... I feel sick right along with Perla tonight. :nervous: Thanks, for the :hugs: and vibes for the sneezy :princess:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lauren! Seems to me the antibacterial isn't helping if it's an allergy problem - and it's sure sounding more and more like that. She improved so quickly after the vet visit where she got a shot of antihistamine. :nod: When she finishes up the antibacterial, maybe a call to Dr. Wessner is in order? :dk:
:yeah: !!!!! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Laurie :sun: thanks, yes, I am thinking about the antihistamine injection too. I wonder how long the antihistamine injection would have worked for her. She got it last Monday - five day's....??? Then that would make sense if it has worn off. I will see how her eye look's in the morning. :sigh:..... she is resting right now on her bed right next to my chair as I post. She loves to be near - but not on :lol2: I am looking over my chair at her sleeping so peacefully. I love her so, that little :princess: Perla of mine and I can't help but get teary eyed now. It just has been SO many week's of these issues (and three different antibiotics :( which I hate to keep giving - doesn't feel right to me)..... I will absolutely call Dr. Wessner soon if I can't get some kind of resolution as to what the allergen is - food, environmental, or both. I am also going to be calling Dr. Wessner about Pipsqueak too. Dr. Wessner has done wonder's for our Wilbur :heart3:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just checking in to see what Dr. Wessner said about the probability of this entire thing being allergies of some sort.  Sounds very feasible to me.  Now to figure out just what she is allergic to.  Too bad they can't do those tests on cats like they do on humans.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking in to see what Dr. Wessner said about the probability of this entire thing being allergies of some sort.  Sounds very feasible to me.  Now to figure out just what she is allergic to.  Too bad they can't do those tests on cats like they do on humans.
Thank you, Sally :hugs: Actually Dr. Wessner is a Holistic vet in Florida and he does phone consult's. He has helped my darling boy - Wilbur with health issues and I use him when all other conventional medicine has failed. He does not believe in Western medicine - Homeopathics only with Dr. Wessner :nod:... I am still hopeful that I will not need him quite yet for Perla. :cross:

I am waiting to talk with Perla's vet - I missed his call today. Perla is doing a bit better today :D :clap:. Her eye is not as red or watery as yesterday - BUT she is still sneezing. I bumped up her Lysine to 1000 mg. per day - twice daily. Herpes can take many week's for the cat to recover fully and can have set backs during recovery in times of stress. Perla has had a lot of stress lately. The hospitalization, the trip's to the vet, AND unfortunately Wendall likes to stalk her in the early evenings. :mad: Perla does NOT like Wendall and just wants to be left alone. I have been firmly enforcing my displeasure of this to Wendall and I think he is getting it. Perkin's also likes to stare at her and enjoys teasing her. I think that is how Wendall picked up on it :sigh:. Perla is a drama :princess: to the fullest extent and does go overboard with her emotion's and reaction's but this is not good for her recovery. SO Meowmy's trying desperately to keep things nice and peaceful for her. OH - and get this - Pipsqueak (bless his heart) help's me with "those" naughty boys. When we hear Perla hiss OR if I catch Wendall or Perkins staring at her with the intention to startle - I stand up and HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SO loud and Pipsqueak will then chase off those antagonistic boys. :flail: They are learning to LEAVE the :princess: ALONE :lol3:

I really am not totally convinced this is all about an allergen - because she has all of the classic symptoms of the herpes virus. AND it is only one eye - allergies will usually show up in both eyes. Of course, I am not ruling out that possibility though. BUT she does have a virus that is just taking a hold of her for way too long. Will post more after I talk with Doc tomorrow. :thanks: and :hugs:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The :princess: is on her throne tonight as I write to you. She watches from above :lol3: Talked with the vet. No more antibiotics - tomorrow is the last Baytril dose. Her eye - well I have to hope and pray the Lysine will do it's job for the conjunctivitis and virus in the eye. We will finish up the Tobrimycin eye drops and just do nothing, I guess at the moment. Vet said to call right away if any new symptom's pop up or her eye takes a bad turn. She has not had one sneeze today.... so odd... She sneezed Sunday and Monday. I am very relieved about that though - no sneezing. She is eating pretty well and is now on 1/2 raw meat mixed with either a good quality wet food or :anon: F.F. but I am making progress. I want this girl to be on a total raw diet if possible.

I did receive the Halo treats today :hyper: I was SO excited to try them out on the cat's especially Pipsqueak and Perla to try to get them to eat more raw meat. Perla loved the treat alone - but as soon as I crushed some and put it on her food - she wouldn't eat :rolleyes2: so out came the Fortiflora and she ate. Pipsqueak is eating raw meat now too - it is a miracle - but it has to be mixed in with something really num num for him to dive in. He LOVES the Halo treats though - so I have that in my bag of trick's for Pipsqueak. Presley HATES the Halo treats and proceeded to "cover" up the awful smell of the treat. :flail: What a silly boy - he doesn't know what he is missing.

I just want my :princess: to recover and her eye to be alright. The eye lids are red - easy to see on a pure white cat. The inner eye lids are mildly swollen and red as well. The eyeball itself is just fine. Her eye is not as watery as it was a week ago - but still a little. I spent some time today on the internet looking up information on the Herpes virus. My only hope is that her eye will recover and it will not be in the stats of some Herpes infected cats whose eye never fully recovers. OK - someone slap me :lol3: I WILL stay positive - HER EYE WILL GET BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cross:

Last edited:

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Miss Perla!  I really don't have any advice, Lauren, although I'm thinking along the lines of an allergen being the root cause of your baby's problems.

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your 4-legged kids, and hoping things turn around quickly!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Lauren, I'm so sorry your beautiful girl is having these problems, I understand exactly how you feel
 I'm going through hell by seeing Lucas so sick and there's nothing that helps.   I pray to God your girl gets better soon, she has a wonderful mommy to care for her.

Hugs!

TAmmy