[ URGENT ] Ingested plastic of treat

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She drinks water less but its normally less too since i feed her wet food. She is normal otherwise, playing, meowing, biting me under the blanket for food and all . The vet last time said that “looks like the plastic that was causing vomit has been out ( the last to last one) so continue feeding her small portions” and thats it.
She isnt throwing up just after eating but she most likely did because the plastic was still causing some issues but I’m glad she puked 4 pieces this time. We are very close to all coming out.
How do i get her to poop though? Its been more than , well almost 2 days
Feeding her small portions is a good idea. Small portions as often as you can.
Do you have any other cats or animals in the house? (If she's an only pet, litter box monitoring will be easier.)
I wouldn't stress about her not pooping for 2 days. She's vomited a lot. My guess is there hasn't been enough food passing through her to form anything, and 2 days given her situation isn't a lot. :)
I'm so glad she's acting normally and the majority of the plastic has come up! Is she peeing normally?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope she is my only single child haha. Yeah I’m monitoring litter box, I’m always in room with her Anyways.
And sounds about right, she didn’t eat anything up until yesterday and threw out that too so ig poop will be formed today hopefully.
She is peeing normally yes, I’ve seen her do it normal times yesterday.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope she is my only single child haha. Yeah I’m monitoring litter box, I’m always in room with her Anyways.
And sounds about right, she didn’t eat anything up until yesterday and threw out that too so ig poop will be formed today hopefully.
She is peeing normally yes, I’ve seen her do it normal times yesterday.
If she's peeing, she's getting hydration. Have you offered her any broth for added nutrition? Just make sure it's garlic and onion free.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey , to give everyone updates :

She is eating well, I’m still feeding small portions, no throwing up since 24 hours. She is drinking water too.
she finally pooped but it must have been while i was asleep so it was hardened when i checked so couldn’t dig in. She pooped twice though. So I’m guessing all good??
she is active too but not 100% but thats maybe coz she was sick for a while.
thank you

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey , to give everyone updates :

She is eating well, I’m still feeding small portions, no throwing up since 24 hours. She is drinking water too.
she finally pooped but it must have been while i was asleep so it was hardened when i checked so couldn’t dig in. She pooped twice though. So I’m guessing all good??
she is active too but not 100% but thats maybe coz she was sick for a while.
thank you
I've been following but really had nothing good to say as I was gobsmacked by the Vets complacent attitudes- thst baby could have died but thank God she's okay and thanks for the update

I'd suggest you find a Vet who takes things a bit more seriously and who's reaction is " bring her in".... do some research now that you can think clearly,I can just imagine how sick with worry you were

If something were to happen in the future (God Forbid) it would be good to know you have a Vet you can run to and won't ever tell you" there's nothing we can do at this point" ... even if thst is the case,wouldn't it make more sense to have her at thr Vets office where they could monitor and take immediate action if need be?

Sorry you had to go through thst and very happy she's okay❤

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd suggest you find a Vet who takes things a bit more seriously and who's reaction is " bring her in".... do some research now that you can think clearly,I can just imagine how sick with worry you were
The care that this OP's cat received by the vets is pretty commonplace for their country. I know you don't know that, but thought I would let you know that what you are suggesting is not really a reality for them. The OP did the best they could with the resources available to them.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The care that this OP's cat received by the vets is pretty commonplace for their country. I know you don't know that, but thought I would let you know that what you are suggesting is not really a reality for them.
I had no clue- the things we Americans take for granted

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update! I am so glad to hear that she seems to be recovering. I wouldn't worry about the harder poop unless you see it continue. It could mean she is a bit dehydrated, which ideally will change the more her eating and drinking go back to normal.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been following but really had nothing good to say as I was gobsmacked by the Vets complacent attitudes- thst baby could have died but thank God she's okay and thanks for the update

If something were to happen in the future (God Forbid) it would be good to know you have a Vet you can run to and won't ever tell you" there's nothing we can do at this point" ... even if thst is the case,wouldn't it make more sense to have her at thr Vets office where they could monitor and take immediate action if need be?

Sorry you had to go through thst and very happy she's okay❤
Hi , yes
Im always on lookout for good vets , vets i see on the internet in other countries who sit with the cats and try to get the whole idea of the situation but tbh its not possible ( atleast in my city ) , the vets are good perhaps but they see them as animals and not someone we care about so their whole attitude is just not that careful. They still follow old and outdated practices like salt water for inducing vomits and all. But I’m still doing my best i can, Ive different contacts of vets and test labs and all incase of emergency, although tests at night are still not possible. I’ve had phoebe for almost 11 months now and we have had our fair share of vet visits because of a) her initial diarrhoea when i adopted her . B) her love for plastic.
I wanna thank each and everyone present here who helps out people like me when its needed the most and you guys are insanely supportive and i love you all :) <3 .
I’m trying my best to be the best dad for her haha.
( and yes she is eating well now, drinking too and I’ll monitor her poop as always )

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi , yes
Im always on lookout for good vets , vets i see on the internet in other countries who sit with the cats and try to get the whole idea of the situation but tbh its not possible ( atleast in my city ) , the vets are good perhaps but they see them as animals and not someone we care about so their whole attitude is just not that careful. They still follow old and outdated practices like salt water for inducing vomits and all. But I’m still doing my best i can, Ive different contacts of vets and test labs and all incase of emergency, although tests at night are still not possible. I’ve had phoebe for almost 11 months now and we have had our fair share of vet visits because of a) her initial diarrhoea when i adopted her . B) her love for plastic.
I wanna thank each and everyone present here who helps out people like me when its needed the most and you guys are insanely supportive and i love you all :) <3 .
I’m trying my best to be the best dad for her haha.
( and yes she is eating well now, drinking too and I’ll monitor her poop as always )
We love you too & of course Phoebe..... you explained English is not your native tongue at the start & to be quite honest you write so well I had completely forgotten what Country you're in!!!So pretty great English if ya ask me

Until FeebysOwner FeebysOwner owner told me what you described is all too common in your Country,I had no idea--- Wow,we have a very different thing here in America and yes,it's more common to see what you see in those videos- we are truly Blessed

You did a fantastic job,you obviously love your Pheobe very much and I know she's in good hands with a wonderful Cat Daddy like you!I'm glad you have other resources and don't forget,you always have us❤👍

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are things going?
Hey,

well she has been absolutely back to normal. Pooping, peeing , playing , being a menace and all. Haven’t thrown up since days now and I’m guessing the remaining plastic is out in poop since I’m always late in checking it and its hard when i find out she pooped.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey,

well she has been absolutely back to normal. Pooping, peeing , playing , being a menace and all. Haven’t thrown up since days now and I’m guessing the remaining plastic is out in poop since I’m always late in checking it and its hard when i find out she pooped.
Happy New Year! Very good to know all is well and back to normal 👍