Urgent Help Needed ASAP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

When Lucky was a newborn the vet told me her little tummy should be round after a feeding. I fed her as much as she would take.
Originally Posted by hissy

They will quit eating when they are full- just remember to burp them lightly with your fingertips so they don't fill up with air. Usually when they are full formula bubbles will come out of the side of their mouth
That's what I figured, so I stop feeding them when they start pulling away.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

If you are still having problems with the kitten baby bottle, you might want to try a bird feeding syringe. You can get those at Petco or Petsmart in the bird section. I used those when I was feeding my sick chinchilla. Good luck with the babies!
The bottle wasn't working out too well, so I switched to a syringe.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

MA, at this age will they still need to be stimulated to use the bathroom?
I checked, and they're going on their own.

They're doing really well.
The one who didn't want to eat yesterday ate this morning.
They're all pretty active, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with them vocally. I never knew such little kittens could make so much noise!

I still haven't been able to contact any rescue people, but I'm gonna keep on trying. As much as I'd like to keep them, I just can't do it.

I appreciate everyone's help!
Thanks so much!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if they're a little older than you think and just really runty. Such as you'd see out of a mother cat that is still a kitten herself. That would explain them going without being stimulated. Still do that for them, though, as there may be one that still needs it.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear they're doing well!!
You're such an angel for taking them in. Thank you for doing this for them amidst all the other things you have going on! So many people would just say "whatever", but you haven't.

Also, they're talking to you
VERY LOUDLY! They're just reminding you who's boss.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news!

If they're going to the bathroom on their own, they're probably close to 4 weeks at least. You can also leave them a little formula in a bowl to see if they'll lap it up themselves.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I wonder if they're a little older than you think and just really runty. Such as you'd see out of a mother cat that is still a kitten herself. That would explain them going without being stimulated. Still do that for them, though, as there may be one that still needs it.
I took some pix of them: they're not very good cuz they wouldn't hold still. How old do y'all think they are?

sophielew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good Luck with the little ones! Sounds like you are doing a great job and earning your angel wings! They are adorable!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Tiff
four hearts for four darling babies. AWWWWW they are beautiful and I love orange babies too
. You are doing a super duper job with everything you are dealing with right now
. Happy to hear the babies are eating and I think they look about four weeks old!!!! MEGA for the babies to continue to thrive and for you to find a place for them to go

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

OH Tiff
four hearts for four darling babies. AWWWWW they are beautiful and I love orange babies too
. You are doing a super duper job with everything you are dealing with right now
. Happy to hear the babies are eating and I think they look about four weeks old!!!! MEGA for the babies to continue to thrive and for you to find a place for them to go
I know. I love orange babies, too.
It's gonna be real hard to part with them and not keep at least one.

It's too bad you didn't live closer, Lauren. You could adopt one!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute
I'm glad they have you to take care of them

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found a home for one of the kittens!!
One of the girls we used to work with just lost their kitten, so she was looking for another one for her daughter. I'm soooooo glad!!

Hopefully, we'll have as much luck with the other three, too!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangeishcat

Wee orange kitties!!
The love of my life is orange~
There are three orange ones left: you want one?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH I know if I came to see those little darlins, it would be over
. I would have to take two, always kittens in pairs
. Sure hope they are doing well today too. More love and prayers your way

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

We found a home for one of the kittens!! ... One of the girls we used to work with just lost their kitten, so she was looking for another one for her daughter.

Hopefully, we'll have as much luck with the other three, too!
Can you talk her into taking another one? As mentioned, most cats prefer to have a pal where they live. And easiest way to get a pal is to take a sibling.

Dont release them too early, especielly if you let them go one and one. Although they dont have a mom, they have company and training from their siblings.
So I would say 10 weeks here too, for all of them.
Unless your ex-coworker does have an adult, friendly cat at home.

Good luck!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Can you talk her into taking another one? As mentioned, most cats prefer to have a pal where they live. And easiest way to get a pal is to take a sibling.

Dont release them too early, especielly if you let them go one and one. Although they dont have a mom, they have company and training from their siblings.
So I would say 10 weeks here too, for all of them.
Unless your ex-coworker does have an adult, friendly cat at home.

Good luck!
I did ask her if she wanted to take another one so they could keep each other company, but she wouldn't because she's staying with her mom for the time being and she didn't think her mom would like it too much. I also asked her if she wanted to wait to take the baby till it was a little older cuz I was concerned with letting it go too soon, but she said that she's fostered kittens before and knew what to do. I trust her, so I let her take it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely 4 weeks olds, a tad runty (you can see it in their faces) but they will quickly plump up for you.

Once they're healthy enough, parasite free, and bigger, let your friendliest cat meet them and work on introductions from there. Really kittens that old do not need a mother as long as they're being fed appropriated and good social interaction with other adult cats. This is where having a multi-cat household is very helpful.

I too really wish you had made the person wait till the kitten is older. Tell them they can come feed it, name it, and can start setting money aside for vet care and supplies. Right now they'd get a kitten that cannot reliably use a litter box, can't really play with them very well, needs lots of care (you're at home all day and can do this, they have school and work, I assume). And most importantly they haven't been dewormed yet, have they? I wouldn't let a kitten go who isn't - stress this too them. The icky factor of worms might make some people wait.

Minimal of 8 weeks if the person has lots of kitten experience. Otherwise older is better. They're still cute at 12 or even 16 weeks, and a heck of a lot tougher for games.

Did you get info on what vet they will be using and call the vet? I fear they pushed you into giving it up now because they think tiny kittens are cuter. What happens when it's older?
(not neglect, necessarily, just them not giving it as much attention)

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Definitely 4 weeks olds, a tad runty (you can see it in their faces) but they will quickly plump up for you.

Once they're healthy enough, parasite free, and bigger, let your friendliest cat meet them and work on introductions from there. Really kittens that old do not need a mother as long as they're being fed appropriated and good social interaction with other adult cats. This is where having a multi-cat household is very helpful.

I too really wish you had made the person wait till the kitten is older. Tell them they can come feed it, name it, and can start setting money aside for vet care and supplies. Right now they'd get a kitten that cannot reliably use a litter box, can't really play with them very well, needs lots of care (you're at home all day and can do this, they have school and work, I assume). And most importantly they haven't been dewormed yet, have they? I wouldn't let a kitten go who isn't - stress this too them. The icky factor of worms might make some people wait.

Minimal of 8 weeks if the person has lots of kitten experience. Otherwise older is better. They're still cute at 12 or even 16 weeks, and a heck of a lot tougher for games.

Did you get info on what vet they will be using and call the vet? I fear they pushed you into giving it up now because they think tiny kittens are cuter. What happens when it's older?
(not neglect, necessarily, just them not giving it as much attention)
StrangeWings, I don't know if you read the entire thread or not, but I have no intention of keeping the kittens, so therefore, I'm not gonna introduce them to my other cats. The kittens were abandoned by some
at the local dollar store: my neighbor saw them, and brought them to me. I'm just gonna foster them.

Maybe I shouldn't have let the one kitten go so soon, but I was just glad to be able to find a good home for it, since it's so difficult to even find homes for kittens/cats now-a-days. I know that I can trust the lady who took the kitten, or I never would have let her take it. I don't think she'll lose interest in the kitten when it gets older like you fear.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I misunderstood it to mean you were keeping them for a few weeks as you found homes and they became healthier - as most people that take in kittens do. I hadn't seen any posts saying that you were eager to get rid of them all very soon.

But, here's something to take into consideration. The better socialized a kitten is with humans and other animals the easier it is to place it in a home and have the person taking it be satisfied and not return/ditch the kitten.