Update on Sponge

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on 4 new babies, give smudge good belly rub from us. Skittles must be next, hurry up skittles. Great job Smudge

peppy_le_mew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!! Just checked here after I checked on Skittles....
Why didn't the kitten live?? Do you know? Sounds so awful...I would be crying.....So glad the others made it,though!!! I would like to see the cuties!! I have yahoo,too, jennifer_firth2000 ....may I see? I'll show one of mine!!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g...Y KITTENS/mamascarboncopymyfavoritekitten.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g...TTENS/awww1stbornlittleblackkittenlookath.jpg
Now we wait on Skittles....***SIGH*** takes forever!!!

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why don't you think she has any milk? If the kittens are nursing and not crying too much, then she has milk..... it can sometimes take a bit for it to really come down and fill in, but I bet they are getting something.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope it is not just you-I just went to go check in and it told me I no longer had access to her thread and that it could be the administrators had inactivated my account. I sent Momof3rugrats a P.M. to see how she was doing. I hope that she is okay and resting comfortably.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that thread is missing!

Congrats on the 4 little ones! Just when you think the panic of labor begins...then comes those worriesome next few days and weeks.

Just keep your vet's number handy. I do know it can take a bit for the kittens to nurse, or for the mother's milk to begin pumping. Have the colostrum replacement formula handy, and KMR. 4 bottles and nips too. Are they in a cozy spot? Perhaps leave momma be for about a half hour, and go back, and see how everyone is doing. If kits begin to cry...they're hungry! Wait a bit further, and see if momma begins to nurse.

I'm so happy for you. Everything will work out great, you will see. Queens come with more instincts than they sometimes know what to do with, but it all kicks in in due time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have squeezed her teats and kinda rolled them around a little between my fingers and nothing at all comes out. two of the kittens were meowing quite a bit but now they are cuddled up with momma and sleeping. do you think them sucking is bringing the milk out? If i need to go get kmr and bottles its gonna have to be soon b/c i have two small kids that have to get to bed soon.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would pick it up now, before it's too late to run out and do it. You never know what will happen!

If you need some help, please refer to the sticky about kitten links at the top of the forum - there's a lot of good links there.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got back on for a minute tonight to check how Sponge is doing. Congrats on all the babies!!
Love the pics!

When my Kassie delivered hers by c-section, I though the same thing about the milk, but she did have some, I didn't know for sure though cuz I couldn't get any out. I actually was able to tell when the kitten came off of the nipple and I saw it then.

Hope she and babies are doing well. Good job Sponge
...you rest well tonight with your new babies!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard it's very difficult for a human to get milk out of a cat. Are the babies looking like they're nursing? Falling asleep on the nipple? Then they're probably getting milk.

They're beautiful, by the way. How are you ever going to tell them apart?

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's the new mama and babies doing this morning?

Did ya get some much needed sleep? Is hubby and the kids feeling better I hope??

You take care of your sick and now expanded family!