Unflattering cat photos!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Bengalcatman ... What a beautiful ... wait in Makena's case, handsome cat. So striking and poised ... he is just Majestic. How much does he weight? Thank you so much for sharing the pictures ... the first picture is my favorite however the out -takes are funny. Thanks again!
Thank you! Makena is about 16 1/2 pounds. He is pretty much solid muscle. Lots of pics of him on TCS. He is very easy to take pics of: cooperative and patient.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Easy and beautiful right? Except that the truth is quite a bit funnier and fits the spirit of this thread perfectly. For every one of the "graceful" images, I get about 20 or 30 of these:

Looks like he is "skipping"

Someone tied a helium balloon to his back end in these two..

All four feet off the ground? Whats he doing, hovering?

This one kills me...

I have taken a few of these, I figured out that this is actually the position he gets in while initiating a very tight turn.

I have deleted some that were even more awkward, never thought anyone would want to see them!

Eric
Wow, he's awesome!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Easy and beautiful right? Except that the truth is quite a bit funnier and fits the spirit of this thread perfectly. For every one of the "graceful" images, I get about 20 or 30 of these:

Looks like he is "skipping"

Someone tied a helium balloon to his back end in these two..

All four feet off the ground? Whats he doing, hovering?

This one kills me...

I have taken a few of these, I figured out that this is actually the position he gets in while initiating a very tight turn.

I have deleted some that were even more awkward, never thought anyone would want to see them!

Eric
Beautiful cat and beautiful pictures, even the funny ones. That is one great camera!!!!

I can't wait to see more of him.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah seriously, I don't think  Makena is capable of looking awkward or unflattering. Those are some awesome photos. You've put me to shame, sir, I really need to get moving on figuring out how to take better photos of motion. Mine are always blurry.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am fortunate to have a brother who is a pro photographer - email him pics and explanations of what I am trying to do and he helps me understand the settings/lighting/post shot corrections to use and why. Trying to get to the next level is a lot of work.

Eric

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Last summer I thought it would be fun to get some pictures of Makena (our Bengal) while he was running. We frequently take him on hikes and he likes to run with us. Makena usually gives us a head start, then he zips gracefully past at twice our speed, slowing down just as he runs out of lead.

<snip>
What a majestic cat!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengalcatman, I noticed you cat is on a lead when those action pictures were taken. Are you actually able to keep up with him when he is in those "racing" modes??? You must be quite the athelete yourself!

cat mamas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahaha! Yes, she is the queen of the warning looks - very hilarious in a little tabby! Thanks for the caption! :-)