Underrated foods

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

...fried cornmeal mush with salt...
YES! Oh gosh -- I thought my family and I were the only people left who knew the glory of fried mush! How nice to discover a fellow musher!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bell Peppers
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Green Olives
Squash
Refried Beans
Chicken and Dumplings

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Drained Ramen noodles with freshly grated cheddar melting on top. <drool>

Got me through many weeks freshman year!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An ice cold, crunchy, tart, Granny Smith apple sliced with a light sprinkling of sea salt.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Pickles!!!!! Even the pickle juice.
I'm soo glad i'm not the only person who eats all the pickles and even the juice
The first time Colin walked in the kitchen late at night and cought me drinking out of the pickle jar he thought i was pregnant
I had to explaine "no, i'm not pregnant, i just like pickles"

Chicken and Dumplings
Ohhhhhh there's NOTHING better than good ole homemade chicken & dumplings
My sister Monica makes the best i swear!!!!!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lobster Rolls, the fresh kind you can only get in The Maritimes. I swear if I had enough money I would go all the way there just to have one.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Vienna Sausages..they are so good, but I'm sure they are made from lips and bumholes
lol i hate those things
they make my mouth feel funny ,and leave a strange taste there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bell Peppers
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Green Olives
Squash
Refried Beans
Chicken and Dumplings
Refried beans...
I could eat them every day with bread and butter

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

YES! Oh gosh -- I thought my family and I were the only people left who knew the glory of fried mush! How nice to discover a fellow musher!
I had to look fried mush up because I had never heard of it, reading the recipe, we use to have this, too, but, we called it fried bread.

All the igredients are the same, except the recipe for mush said to put it in a loaf pan, the bread we fried, was friend in an iron skillet and you made bread patties and fried. YUM!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby Spinich... both in the raw or cooked... oooh so YUMMY.

I also agree with those about the Sweet Potato... its also one of the worlds most perfect foods.

Another underrated food I'd say is, Rice Pudding. Delectable, but underrated I say, when I get it, on the grocery shelf, its always like 3 days from experation... cause no one buys it...
its GREAT stuff people!
Especially the Kozy Shack European Style Rice Pudding.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

Another underrated food I'd say is, Rice Pudding. Delectable, but underrated I say, when I get it, on the grocery shelf, its always like 3 days from experation... cause no one buys it...
its GREAT stuff people!
Especially the Kozy Shack European Style Rice Pudding.
I LOVE rice pudding - it's so good. I'd never had it before I started dating my boyfriend and his mom made some homemade rice pudding once and I've loved it ever since. That and I also love tapioca.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I had to look fried mush up because I had never heard of it, reading the recipe, we use to have this, too, but, we called it fried bread.

All the igredients are the same, except the recipe for mush said to put it in a loaf pan, the bread we fried, was friend in an iron skillet and you made bread patties and fried. YUM!
I don't use a loaf pan for mine. I pour it out on a cookie sheet to cool. I used to be able to find it already prepared at the grocery store. They stopped making it, probably since no one bought it. The last time I bought it, I got food poisoning from it.
Now I make my own, but not that often. I just made some today and waiting for it to cool!!!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Roasted beets are right up there with sweet potatoes. Slice them after roasting and then put a thin slice of goat cheese between each slice to make a tasty stack

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kool-Aid pie. one of the best frozen pies ever. Takes about 5 hours prep time and 15 minutes to put together and then 5 hours sitting time before you can eat it. but oh so good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by conbrio

Kool-Aid pie. one of the best frozen pies ever. Takes about 5 hours prep time and 15 minutes to put together and then 5 hours sitting time before you can eat it. but oh so good
Wow, that sounds really good!