Underrated foods

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresh lemon and lime. It can transform a plain glass of water. Goes great with a tall glass of iced tea, on top of fish, chicken, in most tex mex salsas and guacamole, margaritas, etc.

Also fresh garden ripe tomatoes, go great on so many things, pizza, Mexican foods, salads, with some seafood, chicken sandwiches, veggie sandwiches, goes in cottage cheese, with crackers, roasted on the grill it stands alone, can be eaten plain with some pepper, in Italian dishes, soups, etc.

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kool-Aid Pie

1 10oz can of evaporated milk
1 8 or 9 inch gharam cracker crust.
1 cup sugar (I sometime use 3/4 cup sugar)
1 packet of kool-aid. any flavor you wish. (this is the small packet that are like 20 cents apiece)

Equipment
Mixer (hand mixer works but the stand mixers work best)
Mixing beaters
bowl (metal is preferred but any kind will do)

Chill evaporated milk and bowl and beaters in fridge for 5 hours or overnight. Or you can chill in freezer for 2-3 hours. Once chilled pour evaporated milk in bowl and beat until frothy. Add sugar and mix well. Add kool-aid packet and mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust and freeze at least five hours.

Enjoy

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

Roasted beets are right up there with sweet potatoes. Slice them after roasting and then put a thin slice of goat cheese between each slice to make a tasty stack
Ummm....YUM! That sounds sooo good right now!
I've never roasted beets before, just eaten the warmed up canned ones (which I love). How long do you roast them for? Do you peel them first?