Two healthy kittens

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
n'awwww!! congrats they are lovely. Im also from UK and wondering where did you get ur scales from? x x

mammab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just love these kittens faces!! Those black noses are hilarious!! xoxo babies!!
Thank you, we're in love with them haha. The black triangle on the nose seems to be a family trait as Sid, the mother cat and Nials, the father, both have them too. Both Sid and Nials' mothers had them as well! My partner says they look like members of Kiss!
n'awwww!! congrats they are lovely. Im also from UK and wondering where did you get ur scales from? x x
Just some standard kitchen scales from argos, they weren't too expensive either!

Last edited:

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is great! So adorable, I have two litters coming an I can hardly stand the anticipation!!

mammab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is very exciting! How far along are the mums? 

I can't imagine our girls not being here now, it's weird that just under two weeks ago they were still in Sid's tummy.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can see my cats stories under Rescue queen #1 and #2. I'm not sure how far, sometimes I think they are about day 58 and then ill read or notice something that makes me think maybe only 52 days. So were in the confusion stage :-) but today I noticed that they are both a little dirty an wet down "there" and both lady's have small boobs rather then just enlarged nipples. My first guess was they were due around the 9th, but then I thought maybe not till the 15th. I have not seen any milk come out.??!! Lol I do feel as though I can't take waiting anymore!

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love love them :)

Are you sure they are both girls? Mayla looks like a boy...but maybe because Kayla is so petite.

Gosh they are so adorable! <3

mammab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're actually very similar in size, it's just that Mayla is long haired so that gives off the impression that she is bigger. Kaya is actually slightly larger.

mammab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

An update from us. Girls are getting so big, absolutely beautiful. 

Both are up and walking and jumping around and play fight so much.

They're also blossoming into their own personalities and are so different.

Kaya (on the left) is the adventurous one who wants to explore and Mayla (on the right) is the quiet timid one who'll climb onto you for cuddles.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww they are so sweet, and I can't stand the acuteness overload of those too faces!! They will make for some great pictures :)

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't know where to post but my cat started havingher kittens sometime last night or early this mmore unfortunately..she has 2 so far....she moved herself to the listening box in another room but she started having them: n our bedroom...do I just wait do I keep checking on her I want to make sure she is doing okay I am so nervous please help...

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd sit with her and watch, it's best to make sure everything goes good. She should pass a placenta for every kitten, you'll want to make sure they are all there and none stuck inside her. Sometimes kittens can get stuck too or need some help breathing when they first come out. Usually it goes well though :) Good luck!

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so far now there is 3 and it looks like she is being a fantastic mommy I turned the heat on in there because we usually have it off."in the bathroom" to make sure she is warm but I had her kittining box set up for a while now and that is where she is...I am just nervous for her...off to go check: n her again

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still 3 babies and she is purring away..they are climbing all over her....I don't know how many she will have but I put my gloves on and pet her and said she is a good mommy lame but she is used to lots of love......okay so far...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I didn't know where to post
The best is usually to start your own thread, so it is easier to follow your own errand.

I for one I dont always read old threads where many had already answered and helped the ThreadStarted.  This starting in someones old thread risks your errand to drowns in there, if you dont to rewrite your posts.

You can ask a mod to move out your posts. Click on the little red flag in the left down corner. and writhe a message to the mods what you ask them to do.

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So far it sounds good!  Good also you put on the heat. They shall have it warm. But dont overdo with the heat!  To warm is almost as dangerous as too cold!  Small kittens cant regulate their body heat.

Why do you have the gloves on?  Are you afraid she may bite you?

If it is hygiene you talk on, you dont need to overdo if your hands are clean. The moms teeth arent entirely bacterie free, as you know!

If everything goes well, next step will be to weigh them. Use a kitchen scale in grammes. If everything goes well, it will be a nice memory. If antyhing is not so well, the standing of their weigh will be your best warning signal (or reassuring signal)

Good luck!