Two healthy kittens

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I put gloves on because I didn't want to disturbed the scent between the kittens and the mommy that's all...she doesn't bite or anything's mg she is actually looking for the attention..

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She got up and walked away from babies is this okay? Will she go back to them

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She got up and walked away from babies is this okay? Will she go back to them
With 99% probability she will. It is quite common the want to strech on their legs a little. And will rush back if they make noise.

Do observe of course.  And NOT let her outside the house!!!  This is most important here.

Teh weighting every day is a plus in such situations: this way you KNOW if they get enough, although mom likes wandering about. Or if they dont get enough...

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I put gloves on because I didn't want to disturbed the scent between the kittens and the mommy that's all...she doesn't bite or anything's mg she is actually looking for the attention..
Very considerate of you and wise. But it doenst seem to be necessary. Cats dont really care much.

Especielly not if the mom is friendly with you.

Wild rabbits and deers do care negatively about human scents, but not cats.

But OK, the first hours it is prob wise to have gloves on. Later on, when mom knows who her kittens are, you dont need to do it any more.

Good luck!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember she can get pregnant again very soon after delivery - a soon as a couple of weeks sometimes - so keep her in until she has been spayed, and check with your vet about how soon he will do it.  Mum and kittens will eat vast amounts of food and use mountains of cat litter....

typhvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is an indoor cat...I actually got her from someone like 3 weeks and didn't know she was regnant til I brought her to the vet to get spayed....no other cats in my house either so she should be okay.....

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good.  Cats in call can be very determined to get out and turn into little Houdinis, so if you can have two closed doors between her and the outside that would help.  Gives you a backup if she runs through your legs.

Did the vet worm her?  Check for fleas?

mysti623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol, i know they are sneaky, my mommy learned how to open both of our doors, we just put an extra deadbolt on the door...

mammab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, Mayla has been eating a little for the past week and today we noticed that Kaya was eating bits of litter, so we tried her on food and she's finally taken to it...

However, she's still eating bits of litter. We use Thomas clumping litter and was wondering if this could be harmful? How do we stop her from doing this?

In the meantime we've moved the tray out of their reach which isn't ideal and mum isn't too happy about it. Any tips would be great.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Non-clumping litter is best for potty training babies. They usually taste it but don't eat too much of it, especially when there is food to eat. They'll learn the difference quickly! You'll want to leave a short walled litter tray so they can get in and out of it, once they start eating wet food mama usually stops cleaning up after them.

angel robinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Beautiful i mean i have fallen in love with watching them grow soooooo cute great job to momma 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update! Kittens are 7 weeks old. Kaya has stopped eating the litter without us having to change the brand we buy. Every time she looked like she might eat it we just took her to her dry food and that seemed to work.

Both kittens are using the litter tray without accidents and eating wet and dry food. They're occasionally suckling but no where near as much as they were. (Sid doesn't let them for too long before wandering off)

Picture time!
Kaya! Very energetic, doesn't like to be held for too long and likes licking things. Very gentle cat but loves climbing up legs. Very curious. (she's sat next to me watching me type this.)

Mayla, I.e little may. Extremely laid back. Docile cat. Loves cuddles and will let you cradle her like a baby. Likes to bite and attack feet and hands.

Thanks for looking!