Tumor / SCC: Defying the Odds with Hospice Care - Living with a Terminally Ill Loved One, I share w

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

A couple of people didn't read all the way and thought Simon, well.... you know.  It freaked me out when I opened the PM.
Well, speaking of Simon, how's he doing today?  Since he and I share a birthday, and he's doing so well, I'm really confident he'll make it to our birthday, and BEYOND

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, speaking of Simon, how's he doing today?  Since he and I share a birthday, and he's doing so well, I'm really confident he'll make it to our birthday, and BEYOND
Yes, his BIRTHDAY....  Your BIRTHDAY???  Wow. hopefully we'll be able to share a toast and celebrate together. lol

I have my fingers crossed he will be here Wednesday, the 18th.  He's working on his 3rd can of fancy feast today and the day is still young.  If there are no more shifts in his jaw we'll be in good shape.  thanks for asking @mrsgreenjeens  

I'm working on an update, I'll post tomorrow.  This week for Simon has been pretty sweet.

So what happened was, I have friends who read this but aren't members.  I told them about Simon's Diary and they check for updates.  Well one bonehead didn't open the thread and only read the snippet of what was written, which was I'm picking up ashes Monday or Tuesday...

I happened to be out at that moment stuck on the subway, and I got a text saying how sorry they were, etc, etc, etc.  

I panicked and thought how would they know something happened to Simon, did my neighbor hear Simon crying out and called my hubby and he came home from work?  Did they speak to my husband?  I became so overwhelmed, and for about 15 minutes I was in a panic like never before.  I thought, wow Simon ate, was happy, playful, did he wait for me to be gone for him to leave??? That's what happened with both my mom and dad.  I stayed with them in the hospital for weeks and as soon as I was gone for the first time, they both took the opportunity to leave.  

It freaked me out.  Which also made me realize, I'll be a mess when the time comes.

I started sharing Simon's Journey for 3 reasons:

1 - so I can learn from members who are extremely knowledgeable and can give me much needed guidance.

2 - so others blindsided with crippling news regarding their furry wee ones would have a place to come to and be inspired by Simon's Will and My Determination.  

3 - so others can share their experiences with me and not feel alone, helpless, or unsure about the possibility of not opting for treatment.

I welcome all readers and encourage you to share with me your journey's as well.  

I want Simon's Diary to inspire others and to know that perhaps "The Long Goodbye", isn't all "Bitter", there can be more "Sweet" moments.

Even though we had a chat via PM, again, my apologies to @nerdgirl5  if I sounded off this morning, please post anytime.  My heart goes out to you my friend. Please take care of yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon's Diary:  "Our Bittersweet Journey...the long goodbye"  Day by Day

Simon's first night with us.                    Simon at 3 weeks                             Simon & his girlfriend, LOL                     Simon thinking he's still small

Simon 2008                                           Simon 2009                                         Simon 2011

View media item 321498   
Simon's first night, My Love...           Simon 2011, not sure of the camera, lol

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

**************************                                         HAPPY   BIRTHDAY    SIMON                         ****************************

YOU ARE A STAR!!!!!      

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh happy happy happy birthday, Simon!!!

You and your family are a true inspiration! We can FEEL the love your mom has for you vibrate with every word she writes, every picture she posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.