Trying to bring in an outdoor cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They still scratch and also shed claw sheaths whether or not you do nail trims, so all is well.  I trim nails when allowed, and the house is full of all kinds of cat furnishings and various scratching pads & posts.  It's the best of all worlds!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, we're walled up inside the house again today because of the frigid temperatures outside! Poor Pi he would dearly like to get outside for just a little bit. But it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Happy has just a few toys… LOL! Here he is going through them with Pi looking on wanting to play. After I took this picture they actually did for a little while. They are so cute together!

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stewball those boxes you talk about...are they brightly colored cardboard with corrugated cardboard inside for scratching? I saw some in the pet store and they're not expensive. You think Pi would like one?

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pipi if you do buy it can you sent a picture. Stew can you take a picture of the boxes.? It is so weird my two cats are getting along. It's like gwen my indoor cat knows bell is here now but they both ignore each other. They have been in the same room a lot. Oh my god it is 2% today. I walk Nemo and he cried the whole walk. He will not go poo in my back yard I have to walk him.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pipi if you do buy it can you sent a picture. Stew can you take a picture of the boxes.? It is so weird my two cats are getting along. It's like gwen my indoor cat knows bell is here now but they both ignore each other. They have been in the same room a lot. Oh my god it is 2% today. I walk Nemo and he cried the whole walk. He will not go poo in my back yard I have to walk him.
Happy doesn't like to poop in the house nor do I like him to. But in weather this cold I put out some wee wee pads and he does BOTH his business on them. Sometimes he skips a day with the pooping but by day 2 he can't hold it any longer. This saves both of us from going out in terrible weather.

If I buy the box I will post a photo Linda. Stay warm.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball those boxes you talk about...are they brightly colored cardboard with corrugated cardboard inside for scratching? I saw some in the pet store and they're not expensive. You think Pi would like one?
mine aren't brightly coloured but they do have corrugated cardboard with catnip and cats love them. They have three and so used up i have to buy new ones. They are expensive here. Ridiculous price for cardboard. About $30!!! Can you believe that? I'll take a photo in the morning.ok?

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Judy. How is pi doing in the house. Have you let him out at all. It was finally so now out in the afternoon that bell wanted to go out. He just sat on his bench and just looked around at all the snow falling off the trees. But than he wanted to come in. He had been in every night now since the first heavy snow storm, I am kind of giving up on taking him to the vet. He is such a big cat I don't think I can hold him when he is at the vet. I just don't no what to do because he is so happy right now.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Judy. How is pi doing in the house. Have you let him out at all. It was finally so now out in the afternoon that bell wanted to go out. He just sat on his bench and just looked around at all the snow falling off the trees. But than he wanted to come in. He had been in every night now since the first heavy snow storm, I am kind of giving up on taking him to the vet. He is such a big cat I don't think I can hold him when he is at the vet. I just don't no what to do because he is so happy right now.
Pi is doing very well. He went out on the porch with Happy for a short time today. Its a glassed in summer porch so I had to put a space heater out there for them. Pi only stayed out a short time but it was long enough for him to see that the snow was right up to the door. To be out there is the next best thing to being outdoors for him. I'm not going to let him out until this bad weather is over so that could still be a few weeks. I think he was surprised to see how much snow there is. It is a lot different to be level with it than it is to look at it from a window above it.

Is Bell sick or something? Is that why you want to take him to the Vet? If not why take him now. If its just for a general exam why not wait for better weather and use the time to get him used to being handled.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mine aren't brightly coloured but they do have corrugated cardboard with catnip and cats love them. They have three and so used up i have to buy new ones. They are expensive here. Ridiculous price for cardboard. About $30!!! Can you believe that? I'll take a photo in the morning.ok?
No photo yet Stewball!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need some advice about going away over night. I just don't want to put my cat bella outside over night when I go away for one night. He has been a feral for 8 years now and has been coming in since the first big snow storm. He stays in my bedroom. I can't leave him roaming the house because of my indoor cat.i am afraid of them getting into a fight. So I was thinking is it ok to leave him in the bedroom with food and also his litter box is in the bathroom . So he has bedroom and bathroom. My good friend comes all the time to feed him when we do go away. But he wasalways outside in his igloo. I just don't know what to do . All he does is sleep all day . I would be leaving on sat at 9:00 am will be getting back on Sunday around 1:00 pm

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need some advice about going away over night. I just don't want to put my cat bella outside over night when I go away for one night. He has been a feral for 8 years now and has been coming in since the first big snow storm. He stays in my bedroom. I can't leave him roaming the house because of my indoor cat.i am afraid of them getting into a fight. So I was thinking is it ok to leave him in the bedroom with food and also his litter box is in the bathroom . So he has bedroom and bathroom. My good friend comes all the time to feed him when we do go away. But he wasalways outside in his igloo. I just don't know what to do . All he does is sleep all day . I would be leaving on sat at 9:00 am will be getting back on Sunday around 1:00 pm
It would probably be OK Linda. Just be sure you take anything out of your bedroom you don't want him getting into or eating, etc. I'd leave a scratching post or something in there too and maybe a toy or 2. What else can you do--nothing I'm guessing.

I go out now for several hours and leave Happy and Pi together. They have the living room, dining room and kitchen. I put a gate up between the living room and front hall and close the kitchen door that leads into the front hall. That way they don't have access to the stairs that go upstairs. Pi hasn't been upstairs yet--too many places to hide. LOL!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Judy. I'm sure it'll be okay. As she said put a scratchy thing and toys in for him. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? Maybe leave it on low for him or the radio.
How're things going with bell and your husband? Any improvement yet?
Where are you going?..... Tell your friend to me careful that bell doesn't get out.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks for your advise about leaving bell in the house. Good idea with getting another scratching post. I have one in the living room for gwen. As far a toys. I think he is kind of an old cat. He might even been about 9 or 10. I don't know if bell will play with toys but I will get him some.gwen does not play with toys either. Pipi I do leave all three of them home alone when I go out. So all is good when I leave. I also decided not to take bell to the vet. He is just getting use too being in the house. I don't want to upset him. He is fine . I just wanted him to get a blood test: he is still afraid of my husband . But it is funny bell sleeps on our bed every night and he sleeps right next to my husband when my husband is sleeping.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for your advise about leaving bell in the house. Good idea with getting another scratching post. I have one in the living room for gwen. As far a toys. I think he is kind of an old cat. He might even been about 9 or 10. I don't know if bell will play with toys but I will get him some.gwen does not play with toys either. Pipi I do leave all three of them home alone when I go out. So all is good when I leave. I also decided not to take bell to the vet. He is just getting use too being in the house. I don't want to upset him. He is fine . I just wanted him to get a blood test: he is still afraid of my husband . But it is funny bell sleeps on our bed every night and he sleeps right next to my husband when my husband is sleeping.
Who's all three?

Status
Not open for further replies.