Toys that your cat never gets tired of!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any live feeder insect that escapes when i am feeding my tarantulas. other toys though i have a large enough stash of them i can just put away some and bring them out again after a month or two and just cycle through them :lol:your friend just needs to buy new toys weekly or monthly for a bit to build a stash to alternate what toys are out to play with.
Yeah, it's good to build up an inventory and rotate them. I do this when seasons change, especially, because we have toys color-keyed to the seasons:rolleyes: (yes, that's a thing.) and I've rescued crickets and other insects from the gaping maws of the living room lions before. I found a lizard tail on the living room carpet once. In the Mojave, I found a poor departed mouse in the living room once. And up in the barn compound, I know there was predation going on as I found scorpion parts (!) and other evidence of fierce predator conquests.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's good to build up an inventory and rotate them.
Casper rotates his own toys. ;)

There is a basket of toys on the bottom shelf of the bookcase. He knows where it is and, whenever he wants a different toy to play with, he'll go over and take one out.

There is also a bowl filled with catnip on the shelf, next to the basket. Whenever Casper wants a little catnip, he'll go over and have some. :)

Mv00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My oldest doesn't care much for actual cat toys and never has lol. Only the laser and wand toys with feathers she loves or simple things like boxes, bags, hair ties, yarn, zip ties and balled up press and seal (all with supervision of course). My two kittens love just about every toy I give them especially rattle mice, anything that has a bounce and can fly across hard flooring like the springs and various balls (with bells and without). My boy kitten loves anything noisy so he loves the golf ball and this 3 tiered ball thingy I got from Target that has the balls inside and just go around the ring on their level.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest doesn't care much for actual cat toys and never has lol. Only the laser and wand toys with feathers she loves or simple things like boxes, bags, hair ties, yarn, zip ties and balled up press and seal (all with supervision of course). My two kittens love just about every toy I give them especially rattle mice, anything that has a bounce and can fly across hard flooring like the springs and various balls (with bells and without). My boy kitten loves anything noisy so he loves the golf ball and this 3 tiered ball thingy I got from Target that has the balls inside and just go around the ring on their level.
All very good toys, with supervision! And yeah, cats LOVE those tiered tracks!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any live feeder insect that escapes when i am feeding my tarantulas. other toys though i have a large enough stash of them i can just put away some and bring them out again after a month or two and just cycle through them :lol:your friend just needs to buy new toys weekly or monthly for a bit to build a stash to alternate what toys are out to play with.
Be glad you aren't in TX when my aunt was alive and living there. She laid waste to tarantulas. :sniffle: I saw a whole herd of them once, on the move in the desert. A friend had one in his care -- I guess he thought he was soft and cute ;)

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be glad you aren't in TX when my aunt was alive and living there. She laid waste to tarantulas. :sniffle: I saw a whole herd of them once, on the move in the desert. A friend had one in his care -- I guess he thought he was soft and cute ;)
:lol:i would never move there with that summer heat and unstable power grid:biggrin: though i wouldnt mind going there to collect some new critters(pets) if gf allowed it:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton's favorite thing to play with is a large paper grocery bag. :paperbag: As soon as he hears me bring in the groceries and crumple the bag he comes running and can't wait to climb in. If I throw a catnip toy in the bag it's a double bonus.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both Scooter & Casper loves to play with boxes whether it’s soda boxes, shipping boxes or any box at all. They have the if I fit I sit thought. 😂 They both love anything on a string and anything with feathers.

Casper he has a ball with a bell he loves to play with. I can always tell when he is awake cause I will hear the ball down the hallway and sometimes in my room. He also has a Pom Pom ball he tosses around.

Scooter he had an avocado toy, an owl toy and a blue elephant toy that he loves. He will grab the blue elephant and walk around meowing with the toy in his mouth.

Of course I have a dog named Nera and she loves all the cats toys and will take them all. 😂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Scooter & Casper loves to play with boxes whether it’s soda boxes, shipping boxes or any box at all. They have the if I fit I sit thought. 😂 They both love anything on a string and anything with feathers.

Casper he has a ball with a bell he loves to play with. I can always tell when he is awake cause I will hear the ball down the hallway and sometimes in my room. He also has a Pom Pom ball he tosses around.

Scooter he had an avocado toy, an owl toy and a blue elephant toy that he loves. He will grab the blue elephant and walk around meowing with the toy in his mouth.

Of course I have a dog named Nera and she loves all the cats toys and will take them all. 😂
I love when a cat has a toy in his or her mouth and meows about it. Our beloved angel Tarifa would jump on the coffee table, select a twinkle ball (usually her favorite purple one) and run the length of the long hall in the house, bellowing. This is what cats do when they "catch prey" and want to point out to the human family members what poor hunters they (humans) are. :insertevillaugh:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When Coco showed up at my door after being gone I brought out the circular toy with a ball inside that she pushes back and forth.now inside 9 yrs old and still plays with it

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love when a cat has a toy in his or her mouth and meows about it. Our beloved angel Tarifa would jump on the coffee table, select a twinkle ball (usually her favorite purple one) and run the length of the long hall in the house, bellowing. This is what cats do when they "catch prey" and want to point out to the human family members what poor hunters they (humans) are. :insertevillaugh:
Scooter does it every single night and morning without fail. He will do it to see if I am awake cause sometimes I meow back at him to where he is like wtf?! Sometimes he does it when he wants Casper to wake up and play. But it’s entertaining every single time. He does change toys sometimes but it’s mostly his blue elephant.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter does it every single night and morning without fail. He will do it to see if I am awake cause sometimes I meow back at him to where he is like ***?! Sometimes he does it when he wants Casper to wake up and play. But it’s entertaining every single time. He does change toys sometimes but it’s mostly his blue elephant.
Our Tarifa angel started by dropping the twinkle ball near me. When she didn't get the desired response at dark-thirty, and our roomies joined us, she started in on them. It was so cute. *None of us humans ever came up to her standards, either.*

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A former cat of mine had a thing for Q-Tips. (Cotton swabs.)

He liked to bat them around the floor and chase after them.

In fact, he liked to play with them so much that he would fish them out of the bathroom waste basket! If you tossed any used Q-Tips into the basket, you'd find them strewn about the bathroom floor and all over the house the next morning when you woke up!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In fact, he liked to play with them so much that he would fish them out of the bathroom waste basket! If you tossed any used Q-Tips into the basket, you'd find them strewn about the bathroom floor and all over the house the next morning when you woke up!
My idiot cat ate half a q-tip! All q-tips now go in kitchen trash witch has a lid.He literally bit the stick part in half!

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

First off I love we both have white cats named Casper. 😂 Secondly Casper will try to get q-tips before you throw them in the trash. Every time I use one he watches and turns his head curious. He will then grab my hand wanting to see it. He gets mad when I throw them away. 😂

Oh Scooter loves balled up napkins or duct tape he loves batting it around before shredding it. I have to stop him then cause I don’t want Nera(my doggo) getting what he shreds.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A lot of cats love Q-tips, paper or foil balls, paper bags (hopefully with handles cut, for safety!) etc. Simple things like this are often their favorite things. *Give a cat an expensive bed, he'll shun it. Give a cat a box, and he is your friend for life.* :insertevillaugh: